Fiesta Bowl | The Boneyard

Fiesta Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will see if they could slow Baylor up on offense.

Reaction Score
So far they have. Baylor 3 and out. Here's to UCF surprising the rest of the country tonight.

Reaction Score
Now if UCF plays well and even wins will the ESPN brown shirts dismiss it due to Baylor not taking the game seriously?

I was just coming to post that. Baylor (cough, cough South Carolina) didn't get pumped for the game.

14-0...wow

Reaction Score
So glad UCF is turning out strong, so that ESPN can forget their Fiesta Bowl win in Sept and dismiss the whole conference as mid major.

Reaction Score
So when does the ACC invite UCF?

In about 20 minutes.

And this is also why is could care less about how the AAC does. When the Big East did well, it didn't do the conference or UConn any good.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You know I was all about rooting against teams in our conference because it puts them ahead of us in CR but honestly, f it. We haven't proven why we "deserve" to be saved due to our performance in this conference in football or in bball, after yesterday's showing. So since we're here for awhile, I have no problem cheering for our conference mates. Everyone here can look down at them as much as they want but when you wake up tomorrow, UConn will still be in the same conference as them and we could use all the help we can get in making our conference stronger.

Reaction Score
In about 20 minutes.

And this is also why is could care less about how the AAC does. When the Big East did well, it didn't do the conference or UConn any good.

Agreed. Uconn did everything it needed to and got screwed anyway.

Reaction Score
You know I was all about rooting against teams in our conference because it puts them ahead of us in CR but honestly, f it. We haven't proven why we "deserve" to be saved due to our performance in this conference in football or in bball, after yesterday's showing. So since we're here for awhile, I have no problem cheering for our conference mates. Everyone here can look down at them as much as they want but when you wake up tomorrow, UConn will still be in the same conference as them and we could use all the help we can get in making our conference stronger.

Anybody that doesn't think this crap conference & CR crap isn't gonna catch up to basketball and, more importantly recruiting, is kidding themself. How much of an impact is this years freshman class making? Not like the days of Rip Hamilton, Ray Allen, Omeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Kalid El Amin and others.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Anybody that doesn't think this crap conference & CR crap isn't gonna catch up to basketball and, more importantly recruiting, is kidding themself. How much of an impact is this years freshman class making? Not like the days of Rip Hamilton, Ray Allen, Omeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Kalid El Amin and others.
I agree 100% but in order to try and maintain that level in this conference UConn needs to dominate it like Memphis dominated C-USA. They never have a problem recruiting and they haven't won a dang thing. I'm not saying we should be happy being in the AAC, just saying I see no reason to feel like we have a right to look down our noses at other schools in our conference.

Reaction Score

Rutgers and Maryland demonstrate how "deserve" has nothing to do with it.

Reaction Score
I agree 100% but in order to try and maintain that level in this conference UConn needs to dominate it like Memphis dominated C-USA. They never have a problem recruiting and they haven't won a dang thing. I'm not saying we should be happy being in the AAC, just saying I see no reason to feel like we have a right to look down our noses at other schools in our conference.

They won't be dominating much of anything in men's basketball if a win against an 8-5 Houston team without 3 players isn't a guarantee.

Reaction Score

How we root has no bearing on the outcome. And the outcome has very little good impact on us. I really only care about UConn.

Reaction Score
If UCF, Cincy and others beat good teams out of conference, when we beat them we will look that much better. I'll always root for AAC teams OOC and when in conference I'll root for the top teams not to have a WTF game in conference.

We only need to look better than the non P5. If we can create a better perception than them we might get a boost in rankings at the end of the year, hence getting a major bowl bid.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
How we root has no bearing on the outcome. And the outcome has very little good impact on us. I really only care about UConn.
That's fine but for someone who only cares about UConn you always seem to like to chime in with a whole lot of negativity in threads regarding other AAC schools......

Reaction Score

If a good football program is part of the reason for a P5 invite (ACC and UL invite proved this) why wouldn't you want the top 3 teams or so to do well? If they suck and we beat them, then we beat sucky schools.

Reaction Score
That's fine but for someone who only cares about UConn you always seem to like to chime in with a whole lot of negativity in threads regarding other AAC schools......

Are you kidding me. It's way more than that. I start negative threads about the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom