Edsall Justification Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Edsall Justification Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The Civil ConFLiCT will be buried. I hope.

It's already dead and buried, along with Diablo's cranberry britches. I can faintly hear "Taps" blowing in the distant background.

I wonder how much the trophy would bring at an auction?

Reaction Score
As much as we would like to think we are a P5 school and top coaches are clamoring to take over our football program and get us to where we belong that is so far from reality today that I think DB had few options.

RE was low on my list but it seems like he was the best available for us right now.

I wish things were different but that is reality. I drank too much BD koolaid the last few yrs but seeing things differently now.

Our #1 goal still is get into a P5. That won't happen with the current football program. Randy built it, Randy (with the support of DB) can fix it. Even if he can't get us into a P5 he can make the job more attractive so the next coach can get us there.

Reaction Score
Close your eyes (after you read this):

Your sitting in your seat at the Rent, or anyone else's seat because they aren't there anytime over the last 6 years as we are losing to a Western Michigan, struggling with Maine, toyed with by Temple, did you not say to yourself, I miss the days of Randy?

After 6 years of this crap we have been forced to endure, Randy represents the following:

• a program builder- he built this thing and can fix the issues
  • He identified talent
  • we had strong lines and that is what wins you games
  • He utilized what our strengths were - when he had Danny O - we had over 3,000 yards in passing and over 1,000 on the ground and one year I believe gave up the fewest sacks. When our QB's weren't so good, we still had an overpowering running game. We haven't had any of this since he left.
  • Our Defense was solid against everything but a running QB
  • We never had another pro QB after Danny O
We need to see how he has evolved over the last 6 years before we pass judgement but past performance at UCONN tells us he will do a good job. Right now, I will take anything over those stinkbombs of the last 6 years. And in 4 years, when we go 8-4, I will remember the crappy days of PP and Fiasco and realize- what we have is a good thing.

8-4 is the definition of success - okie dokie - should I provide a list of all the guys that have been canned after an 8-4 or better season.

It's a crappy hire, admittedly better than the last two coaches, but it's the best the program could do and we've all got to live with it and hope that the expectations internally are better than 8-4.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
It's the first step back to relevance
He will put together a good staff
He is a serious real football coach
With him and DB, we have real adults in charge
Many on his former staff are in really good positions (Brown, Morehead, Johnson to name a few)
There can be a nice succession plan from within the staff
He can recruit better players
We will no longer be a joke
His teams will show toughness

That's just a few. Yes maybe there are better choices but this gets the team moving in a WAY BETTER direction.
These are all actually good points. This is sort of a "reset" for UConn Football I think in a way. And even though I was very much against it, Randy is probably the best prepared guy to step in on day 1 and do that job. Maybe the sky isn't falling...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom