Edsall Justification Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Edsall Justification Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
At a time the entire UConn fan base should be excited and full of hope, they do this. Terrible decision. Fire Randy.
So when he goes 7-5 next year, are you go to continue to be singing this tune?

Reaction Score
He won't run out the clock on the opponent's 1-yard line, with the game on the line, coming out of a timeout.

He will have a run game so that burning the red shirt of a freshman QB isn't the only hail mary option to save a season after you played an injured QB for 7 games and lied about it.

If he does eventually bolt for a better school that means UConn made it to a bowl game not named after a fast food restaurant, auto supply store, strip club, etc.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am fine with him and I am curious what he says in his press conference this Friday at the Rent. I plan on being there and see what he has to say and what his plans are. My hope is he brings back a few coaches and a few new one's to fill out the staff.

Go Huskies!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Wise hire.

Folks better realize this is a major rebuild. There is absolutely no reason to believe that we have much talent. We have had two successive coaching regimes over six years that completely screwed this thing. Randy Edsall knows the territory and is a good builder. He isn't flashy, but we will get us back to respectability.
I respectfully disagree.
This is not a major rebuild.
There is talent on this team. It needs to be coached correctly to perform on the field and not just off the field. We all know it starts and ends with the O-line. Fix that, and a positive domino effect takes place. Fix that, RE will. Yes, there are still areas of need and a big question mark at QB but it's not a major rebuild like it was in 2014.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree.
There is talent on this team. It needs to be coached correctly to perform on the field and not just off the field. We all know it starts and ends with the O-line. Fix that, and a positive domino effect takes place. Fix that, RE will. Yes, there are still areas of need and a big question mark at QB but it's not a major rebuild like it was in 2014.
Mike Foley!

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree.

I hope you are right, but honestly, I don't see any speed on either side of the ball. Our LBs run for crap and without Thomas I don't see a single WR who can stretch defense. Again, I hope I am wrong. One thing for sure, Edsall will search high a low for speed, especially on defense and specials.

Reaction Score
CERTAIN ITEMS
Items which should be no concern or cause for MY heartburn, aggita OR heart attacks.
1.Coaching up players
2.Evaluating coaching talent.
3.Getting thru tough off the field issues. Let's not forget #6....
4. TEAM Academic progress rate.
5.no new stadiums in 2ND TIME AROUND.
6.HCRE can manage a game clock.
7.HCRE believes in returning punts.
8.Knows importance of Coach Foley.
9. is not about to leave if he tastes success. Advantage to Husky nation for the long term

My Biggest concern:
David Benedict and Randy Edsel finding the best available OC IN THE
COUNTRY and get him here.

2nd biggest concern:
Get Coach Foley back here and let him do what needs to be done.

3rd concern.
Suzie needs to take control of admissions and give HCRE the player admissions to succeed.
To your 3rd point, as an alumnus I always liked keeping the standards higher, but our profile has gone so much higher in recent years, I think we can afford a couple grey area kids on our way up.

Reaction Score
To your 3rd point, as an alumnus I always liked keeping the standards higher, but our profile has gone so much higher in recent years, I think we can afford a couple grey area kids on our way up.
It's no secret that when Lou Holtz was hired at ND he received exemptions as part of his deal....that allowed him to take kids like Chris Zorich...and when he had won his NC and they had turn over in ND's leadership they shut Lou down...and he left. Randy is gonna need exemptions to compete in this league no doubt about it.

Reaction Score
One thing in Edsall's corner: His ability to scrutinize talent. In his first go-around in Storrs, he did his homework on each player & cleaned house of any players that he deemed undesirable or unable to play up to his standards. I expect the same scrutiny this offseason. Everyone will be on the same page by the Spring game or they will be history.

Reaction Score
After PP and BD six years of hell, RE is the right hire. AD David Benedict did a masterful job of signing RE to a contract which gave UConn a chance to recover athletically and fiscally. Any other option would costs more money and more risks.

Reaction Score
It's no secret that when Lou Holtz was hired at ND he received exemptions as part of his deal....that allowed him to take kids like Chris Zorich...and when he had won his NC and they had turn over in ND's leadership they shut Lou down...and he left. Randy is gonna need exemptions to compete in this league no doubt about it.
EVERYBODY else seems to do it, so why not UConn? Look at the kid Kiffin got as soon as he was hired by FAU. I know it wasn't academic issues, but the issues with him were enough to keep every other program in the country away from him.

Reaction Score
I was stunned by the hire. It's beginning to grow on me. Edsall's teams always played hard, they were tough, they played with TONS of heart. You could always count on a great running game and competent QB play regardless of who was under center. From Orlovsky to Lorenzen to Endres to Frazer, they got enough out of the position to win games. We haven't seen a running game at UConn like Edsall's since he left. As College Football has evolved, I hope a new offensive mind can come in and take the offense to new heights. Edsall's defenses were still good IMO, and plenty of NFL talent was produced on his watch. It will be interesting to see what he can get out of the current roster and those that stick around. It's weird to think UConn will have a new head coach, but a former head coach. Let's see what the new and (hopefully) improved Randy Edsall can do.

Reaction Score
I am starting to accept reality as well. Like most of us, I am in the wait and see mode.

Will he run a modern offense or will he stick to the same pro style he ran during his UConn days? Will be bring the spread to UConn and let the new OC do his job? What kind of offense did he run at Maryland?

I would be happy if we can install something i like what why it's running right now.

Reaction Score
At a time the entire UConn fan base should be excited and full of hope, they do this. Terrible decision. Fire Randy.

Whether you are right or wrong, you've lost this battle. I wish you nothing but good things, but if you can't put it behind you and support this football program you are welcome to leave. Because after 6 years of sucking the prime directive for most of us is WE DON'T WANT TO SUCK ANY MORE. Not we need to be entertained with an aerial circus.

Seriously, watch the Patriots. You'll be happier.

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree.

I don't think we know yet whether Diaco's recruits will or won't be a step up. Even if they are, this team badly lacks depth in a lot of places.

If we have a QB (a healthy Shirreffs would be fine) we will improve over this year's win totals, but it is going to be a slog before we're approaching the Top 40 level where we roughly peaked at under Edsall the first time.

Reaction Score
So when he goes 7-5 next year, are you go to continue to be singing this tune?

He's not recruiting into tbe Big East anymore. His style of pay is boring. And 7-5 looks good only because the proram cupboards that he left were bare.

Reaction Score
Whether you are right or wrong, you've lost this battle. I wish you nothing but good things, but if you can't put it behind you and support this football program you are welcome to leave. Because after 6 years of sucking the prime directive for most of us is WE DON'T WANT TO SUCK ANY MORE. Not we need to be entertained with an aerial circus.

Seriously, watch the Patriots. You'll be happier.

This was a terrible hire. What he brings to the table is not what UConn needs. You won't be entertained by an aerial circus, for sure, but you won't win either. Randy's style of football won't be as effective as his first tour. He will not win here with run, run, run.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
He's not recruiting into tbe Big East anymore. His style of pay is boring. And 7-5 looks good only because the proram cupboards that he left were bare.
The AAC is not that much worse than the BE. Perception wise maybe. Talent wise no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom