Edsall Justification Thread | The Boneyard

Edsall Justification Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am calm and totally ok with this because...

...when a tornado destroys your house, you call an architect before an interior designer.

...it was just a fling, the children are my #1 priority.

...is it really smart buying the brand new IPhone when daddy is unemployed? Last year's model is like half the price and the only difference is the screen size.

Last edited:

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
That's where I'm at - we need a grown up to come in and put the house in order.

We are pass "it can be any worse than Edsall"

Reaction Score
I am calm and totally ok with this because...

...when a tornado destroys your house, you call an architect before an interior designer.

...it was just a fling, the children are my #1 priority.

...is it really smart buying the brand new IPhone when daddy is unemployed? Last year's model is like half the price and the only difference is the screen size.

Your tornado analogy is too reminiscent of BD...I'm getting flashbacks

Reaction Score
It's the first step back to relevance
He will put together a good staff
He is a serious real football coach
With him and DB, we have real adults in charge
Many on his former staff are in really good positions (Brown, Morehead, Johnson to name a few)
There can be a nice succession plan from within the staff
He can recruit better players
We will no longer be a joke
His teams will show toughness

That's just a few. Yes maybe there are better choices but this gets the team moving in a WAY BETTER direction.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Learn to walk before learning how to run.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If $1M per year was our budget, then this is a good hire for DB. No way we get anything better than a scratch off lottery ticket of a coach.

I like the idea of pretending the last 6 years didn't happen. Best possible rationale to adopt for the psyche. Until the first league game.

I think anyone who supports the program should let bygones be until then. It doesn't do any good not to try an be excited about being out of Diacuckooland.

The next phase will be to see if the players get with the program and who he gets for staff. Most of his guys are at bigger programs now.

Reaction Score
It's a choice that makes sense, at least for the short run. If he leaves again to capitalize on his new success, it will be a win-win. I think he'll handle it a lot better, but as long as he turns this mess around, I don't care if he Teests his resignation next time.

Reaction Score
It's a choice that makes sense, at least for the short run. If he leaves again to capitalize on his new success, it will be a win-win. I think he'll handle it a lot better, but as long as he turns this mess around, I don't care if he Teests his resignation next time.

I think it's highly unlikely he's going anywhere. It would take a multi-year run of success at UConn before he would be considered or a P-5 gig at which he could win after Maryland, and by then his age will keep him from being a serious candidate.

There are things to worry about with him here, but the risk of losing him isn't one of them.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Every misfortune is preferable to a worse one.

Better than a burnt stick in the eye.

Reaction Score
CERTAIN ITEMS
Items which should be no concern or cause for MY heartburn, aggita OR heart attacks.
1.Coaching up players
2.Evaluating coaching talent.
3.Getting thru tough off the field issues. Let's not forget #6....
4. TEAM Academic progress rate.
5.no new stadiums in 2ND TIME AROUND.
6.HCRE can manage a game clock.
7.HCRE believes in returning punts.
8.Knows importance of Coach Foley.
9. is not about to leave if he tastes success. Advantage to Husky nation for the long term

My Biggest concern:
David Benedict and Randy Edsel finding the best available OC IN THE
COUNTRY and get him here.

2nd biggest concern:
Get Coach Foley back here and let him do what needs to be done.

3rd concern.
Suzie needs to take control of admissions and give HCRE the player admissions to succeed.

Reaction Score
Given the present state of Husky Football, prospects for the near future, and budgeting constraints, Edsall was probably the only brand name who would consider the head coaching position. Randy is a Dandy selection. Everyone in Storrs bought Diaco's BS, hook, line, and sinker. He was nothing more than a snake oil salesman who was not prepared for a HC position. At least with Edsall, you know what you are getting.

Reaction Score
Wise hire.

Folks better realize this is a major rebuild. There is absolutely no reason to believe that we have much talent. We have had two successive coaching regimes over six years that completely screwed this thing. Randy Edsall knows the territory and is a good builder. He isn't flashy, but we will get us back to respectability.

Reaction Score
If Randy can hire a good OC and let the guy/gal coach, then it might be ok. We all know Randy is a control freak, which means he probably hasn't changed at all since his UCONN days. I hope there is a plan in place for a high octane offense vs. his RRPP method. I just hope he can install an OL that can block like the old days if he goes with the RRPP method.

I am trying to see this as glass half full but it is not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom