Desmond Conner : Pasqualoni walked into a train wreck | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Desmond Conner : Pasqualoni walked into a train wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Kansas State and Collin Klein aren't teaching folks the star system is vastly overrated then nothing will.
Going by the ridiculous sentiment of some posters here....the present K-State team would never beat Alabama or LSU or Florida. Florida sucked until Spurrier took over. People need to get a freaking grip.

What's good? Obviously not the "insight" some posters think they have.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The reality is the only recruiting #uptick we are seeing is the amount Boneyarders care about it. HFD is the only reason anyone thinks there has been a #uptick, along with some BS commits like Ogundeko who never had any intention of truly coming here.

So far, Edsall has been a better recruiter than Pasqualoni, as terrifying as that is.

false. i want things to change here just like anyone else. but your a fool if u think recruiting wa sbetter in the past. there are 20 different reasons to prove u wrong on this. but in the end the #uptick we are having is small and slowly happening, its not enough for us to keep any coach becuase of it vs improvemnt on the field. its not like were getting uva type classes and just waiting for the coach to get it all going well.

Reaction Score
false. i want things to change here just like anyone else. but your a fool if u think recruiting wa sbetter in the past. there are 20 different reasons to prove u wrong on this. but in the end the #uptick we are having is small and slowly happening, its not enough for us to keep any coach becuase of it vs improvemnt on the field. its not like were getting uva type classes and just waiting for the coach to get it all going well.

HFD, Are you saying because PP's recruits have more stars they are better than RE's players?

How could anyone judge this when very few of PP's recruits have taken the field with very little impact, other than transfer Chandler.

Reaction Score
A transfer is still a recruit, so I'll give Pasqualoni credit for bringing a QB into the program for the first time in 10+ years. Are there any other of Pasqualoni's guys making a contribution? Shakim Phillips was recruited heavily by Edsall's staff, it would be disingenuous to call him strictly a Pasqualoni guy...

Reaction Score
Even if a coach "walked into a train wreck" fans and supporters would give a young enthusiastic coach more time than P/GDL.
These guys look lost.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Going by the ridiculous sentiment of some posters here....the present K-State team would never beat Alabama or LSU or Florida. Florida sucked until Spurrier took over. People need to get a freaking grip.

What's good? Obviously not the "insight" some posters think they have.

Feel free to quote the post where anyone said that.

Reaction Score
You lost all credibility when you posted on the basketball board the idea that John Calipari may have been interested in the UCONN job if only that bad man Calhoun had let an open search occur. That comment was much more absurd then Dez' train wreck comment.

Now you claim to know the real reason why P recruited Cochran and it apparently had nothing to do with breaking all of the state passing records with a solid QB skill set.
Make stuff up much? Jeez, I never said Calipari would come here. I said we hired a guy with no experience and we never talked to anyone outside Calhoun's circle. I listed a whole bunch of people including Cal who we could have talked to in looking for a coach. John Toner talked to, among others, Bob Knight and Dean Smith before hiring Calhoun...not to feel them out about the job, but to feel them out about the guys he was considering...that's how you do it. aw Cochran play in high school. Look, breaking the Connecticut high school record is great, but the back up quarterback at Fordham broke all Mike Vick's Virginia high school records. And Virginia high school football is far better than Connecticut high school football.

Reaction Score
Make stuff up much? Jeez, I never said Calipari would come here. I said we hired a guy with no experience and we never talked to anyone outside Calhoun's circle. I listed a whole bunch of people including Cal who we could have talked to in looking for a coach. John Toner talked to, among others, Bob Knight and Dean Smith before hiring Calhoun...not to feel them out about the job, but to feel them out about the guys he was considering...that's how you do it. aw Cochran play in high school. Look, breaking the Connecticut high school record is great, but the back up quarterback at Fordham broke all Mike Vick's Virginia high school records. And Virginia high school football is far better than Connecticut high school football.

Nope. That is not what you wrote. Here is the moronic quote:

" why let Calhoun, who clearly is only considering other UConn guys for the job make the choice instead of the person who was hired to do it? did he check with Sean Miller? did he interview Shaka Smart? Brad Stevens? John Calipari? do you know they wouldn't be interested? Do you know they wouldn't be more capable than Keven Ollie?"

Reaction Score
That was just a list of names to make a point. That we were limiting our search to only Calhoun associates. And where did I say Calipari would take the UConn job? This was in defense of Manuel and his right to choose the next basketball coach.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I don't think he ever sees the field. And I'm not sure he out performed Nebrich either. He looked like a scared kid out there. Every once and a while there is a situation where a coach recruits a kid for reasons other than what the kid brings to the table. This was one of those times.

I've heard from people within the program that Casey is the real deal, and that he should get a shot.

Reaction Score
I've heard of walking into a buzzsaw, but how do you walk into a trainwreck?

There's a trainwreck, and then you . . . walk into it?

Seriously guys. This post needs more likes.

Reaction Score
Just telling you, Cochran isn't playing this year unless everyone else goes down. And he isn't playing next year except in mop-up duty/replacement duty. Of course if we don't fix the line, we may need to play every quarterback...

Reaction Score
I've heard from people within the program that Casey is the real deal, and that he should get a shot.

What I hear is closer to this than what freescooter is saying.

Reaction Score
I've heard of walking into a buzzsaw, but how do you walk into a trainwreck?

There's a trainwreck, and then you . . . walk into it?

Pretty much - been there done that. FDNY how about you?

Reaction Score
P keeps hinting in his press conferences that Cochran playing this year is not off the table. If P burns Cochran's redshirt I might have a stroke.

He has been pretty consist in his thoughts on CC this year - here is the NH Register comment from beginning of October: "UConn football coach Paul Pasqualoni was not ready to come out and say that he would be redshirting former Masuk High quarterback Casey Cochran but admitted that a "hand grenade would have to go off" for Cochran to get into a game right now."

Reaction Score
We are 3-5, heading into an off week and our current QB is the least of our problems. If you are going to take the redshirt off, it would have to be now and you would have to think that our odds of beating USF and Pitt were materially better with Cochran playing his first two games than Whitmer. Any other reason to take the redshirt off would be irresponsible and/or idiotic.

I don't see how those conditions to play Cochran could be met, but if P feels desperate because of the public pressure who the duck* knows.

Reaction Score
I can't bring myself to read this entire thread so apologize if this point has already been made. In general, a new FB coach needs 3 or preferably 4 years to judge their effectiveness and perhaps that is where Des is coming from. I understand this perspective and normally agree. BUT in this case it appears Coach P has lost the team. Further some of the on field decisions by Coach P have been baffling. So IMHO, Coach PP has to go. That said, I respect Des' opinion. Don't agree with it but respect it. Don't know why so many are crucifying him rather than giving Des credit for expressing his opinion and respectfully (repeat respectfully) disagreeing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't bring myself to read this entire thread so apologize if this point has already been made. In general, a new FB coach needs 3 or preferably 4 years to judge their effectiveness and perhaps that is where Des is coming from. I understand this perspective and normally agree. BUT in this case it appears Coach P has lost the team. Further some of the on field decisions by Coach P have been baffling. So IMHO, Coach PP has to go. That said, I respect Des' opinion. Don't agree with it but respect it. Don't know why so many are crucifying him rather than giving Des credit for expressing his opinion and respectfully (repeat respectfully) disagreeing.

That's the way I see it in a nutshell. Yeah, I winced a bit at the trainwreck line. But that doesn't make me want to go off on the guy. I respect Des' work and don't agree with everything. Do we really want Mr. Rogers type like Arnold Dean? He's not disrespectful to those on the other side of an issue like Joe D. The thing that bothers him it seems to me is when someone calls his integrity into question. It would bother me, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom