Desmond Conner : Pasqualoni walked into a train wreck | The Boneyard

Desmond Conner : Pasqualoni walked into a train wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"YES I SUPPORT COACH P. He walked into a train-wreck, tried to fix it and is trying 24 games isn't enough to fix all that needs to be addressed here."

Desmond Conner, from today's chat.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"... He walked into a train-wreck, tried to fix it and is trying 24 games isn't enough to fix all that needs to be addressed here."

I agree, but it is enough time to see that he is not the man for the job.

Reaction Score
"YES I SUPPORT COACH P. He walked into a train-wreck, tried to fix it and is trying 24 games isn't enough to fix all that needs to be addressed here."

I can't believe that he would make such a stupid comment. A team coming of a conference title, five straight bowl games, and a bcs appearance is a train wreak..

When I ready stupidity like that, it insults my intelligence.

Now PP is a saviour coach trying to turn uconn the bottom feeder, into a respectable program.

Reaction Score
P doesn't seem capable of knowing when and when not to call a time out anymore. Publicly states we had to play from behind against Temple and then had to throw to get back in the game. He is clearly not on his A game anymore. Deleone is actively collecting Social Security.

Train Wreck? Admittedly the cupboard was pretty bare at QB, and RB, but the rest of the team was solid. They haven't come close to maximizing the talent on hand.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Train Wreck? Admittedly the cupboard was pretty bare at QB, and RB, but the rest of the team was solid. They haven't come close to maximizing the talent on hand.

This.

Reaction Score
Like I say, FHCRE didn't leave the cup board bare, there was talent on both sides of the ball, the Oline was a strength and now in a year and a half it's a weakness, doesn't make any sense. The only train wreck is what's left of the solid program that coach p inherited.

I understand that Dez has to cover football, but if he's afraid of what people might think about what he writes, then he's in the wrong business.

Reaction Score
It was obvious Des had no love for RE and this is just another shot at him. Sad really....
In fairness to Dez, RE wasn't exactly the endearing type. Its not like he has gotten a lot of love from MD papers.

Reaction Score
Just face palm. He reminds me of the band members playing on the deck while the Titanic sank.

Reaction Score
In fairness to Dez, RE wasn't exactly the endearing type. Its not like he has gotten a lot of love from MD papers.

True but you would think a professional would let it go and move on. Anyone who says PP inhereted a train wreck is not being honest.

PP allows more access to coaches and players so now Des appears to have a man crush.

Reaction Score
Well, I give Dez credit for going out on a limb and taking a stand. There is nothing middle of the road about "Train Wreck". It certainly wasn't an easy spot to walk into because there were not any experienced QB's or running backs on the roster when P took over and when you are conference champion there is no place to go but down.

Edsall called Maryland a rebuilding job last year and he certainly had more talent available then P. The problem is Edsall seems to be progressing while P is regressing. Edsall fired his coordinators from last years team and P gave DeLeone more responsibility. P the CEO coach made a bad CEO decision and it has cost him a ton.

Reaction Score

Well that's pretty stupid.

Reaction Score
Would have been interesting for Des to opine on what he feels needs to be fixed here. All he offers up is a the school yard equivalent of nuh uh, yeah huh

Reaction Score
I can't believe that he would make such a stupid comment. A team coming of a conference title, five straight bowl games, and a bcs appearance is a train wreak..

When I ready stupidity like that, it insults my intelligence.

Now PP is a saviour coach trying to turn uconn the bottom feeder, into a respectable program.

I couldn't say it better. Not worth reading anything else Dez writes about UConn football. He is either not bright enough to do his job, or his bromance with P is interfering with his judgment.

The program P inherited was light years above the program P will be leaving his successor. LMFAO

Reaction Score
The one thing Randy did after he was severely (and with MUCH justifcation) humbled after his first year was to try to meet the press down there if not halfway at least part of the way. Randy was dealing with Double-Triple A media up here; he found out pretty quick what the big leagues were like in Baltimore-Washington

Reaction Score
I couldn't say it better. Not worth reading anything else Dez writes about UConn football. He is either not bright enough to do his job, or his bromance with P is interfering with his judgment.

The program P inherited was light years above the program P will be leaving his successor. LMFAO
Well if there is a new coach next year, he will not have been left with a walk on at QB as his best option. P's coaching has sucked, and there is no absolving that, but there was virtually no talent left at QB and RB and this was a program built on running the ball. Last year's result were understandable if not acceptable, this years results are neither.

There is a nucleus of Whitmer, Davis and Phillips on offense that is promising for next year, if we can improve on the oline.

Reaction Score
If it was a train wreck Jeff Hathaway (with Larry McHugh helping him steer) was the conductor

(Insert photo of George Carlin as Thomas the Tank Engine conductor with JH face photoshopped in).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's not enough time. No argument there but the case for hiring P in the first place was not to do a rebuilding job. (Or was it?)

The other problem is the utter free fall this program has been in since he took over. Sorry, I keep coming back to the 9 losses that by all rights this team should have won in the past 20 games. Would have we won all of them, no. But, we should have won some of them. This team had the talent to be 16-4 under PP and instead he's 8-12 looking at 9-15.

Lest you think I'm hung up on wins and losses, I'm not. This is not Nebraska where 9-3 seasons get you fired. Any.single loss or bad stretch is forgivable. What's not forgivable is consistently losing winnable games showing zero plan or progress in doing anything that might win games down the road.

If anything the team is getting worse.

I have no clue what Dez's angle is but, if he's going to refrain from legit questions about the coaching hot seat, then he shouldn't be writing pieces defending the staff. He should stay out of it altogether.

Maybe there is a plan in place and P's recruits will play in his and (ack!) GDL's system liked we all hoped.

I've seen enough to risk missing out on that possibility

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Well if there is a new coach next year, he will not have been left with a walk on at QB as his best option. P's coaching has sucked, and there is no absolving that, but there was virtually no talent left at QB and RB and this was a program built on running the ball. Last year's result were understandable if not acceptable, this years results are neither.

There is a nucleus of Whitmer, Davis and Phillips on offense that is promising for next year, if we can improve on the oline.

Very true. Good Call. P will be leaving more talent behind then Edsall left. Dez isn't the only one who has a bromance with UCONN coaches.

Reaction Score
The one thing Randy did after he was severely (and with MUCH justifcation) humbled after his first year was to try to meet the press down there if not halfway at least part of the way. Randy was dealing with Double-Triple A media up here; he found out pretty quick what the big leagues were like in Baltimore-Washington
I'm sure Edsall has been told by his boss to clean up his rough edges. He was basically hand held at a press conference by the AD to say MD was not a rebuilding job this preseason. If he loses to BC this week, the sharks will be back in the water down there.

Reaction Score

It is fair to say we weren't going to challenge for the conference championship again in '11 with the turnover at TB. But that's a lot different than a trainwreck. We would have bowled last year even if FHCRE had no different personnel than P had.

Among other things, we will never know if Michael Box couldn't have achieved close to what Zach did last year, nor will we know if Robbie Frey wouldn't have stayed if his coach stayed.

Reaction Score
Wow, Dez and Ed Daigenault are clueless.

Funny thing is that is what they are telling each other about us because they get paid to write about it.

We are just emotional, ranting, raving lunatics who have no clue. Wait a minute....ok so they are partially right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom