Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Kid is ridiculously long - he barely exerts himself to get the ball to the rim. (Except when he wants to and then he has a second-stage that puts his forehead at the rim.)

Reaction Score
Jones is still my top choice of the three wings we are after. You don't find guys that athletic too often, even if he is skinny and a little raw. So much potential.

Reaction Score
Would seem to me UNLV and Auburn have taken over the fav's role.

I think it will be down to 4 for him after Ricky goes to see Mack today!;)

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Would seem to me UNLV and Auburn have taken over the fav's role.

I think it will be down to 4 for him after Ricky goes to see Mack today!;)

Don't know. He's not deciding until the spring. I'll be curious to see who's still around after this season. A lot can happen between now and the spring. Assuming we get Mack, Jones's game is very different and I could still see us recruiting him into the spring if a scholarship opens up. I could also see a scenario where they are on the court at times together b/c Mack's handle is good enough to be the second ball handler.

Odds are though, we won't be the ones working the hardest for home next spring if we get Mack. Plus, we all know how Pearl recruits. Still, never know.

pj

Reaction Score
The comments were "grades are the major issue for Jones" and "we all know grades will not be of any issue or concern to UNLV"

Well if grades are a "major issue", why are we still recruiting him?

We're still recruiting him because his final grades are not in yet.

pj

Reaction Score
Good news. Sounds like grades aren't a "major" issue at all.

They could be, but schools won't know for sure until the spring. Top recruits have a way of meeting eligibility standards in their senior year.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I love our spot with Jones right now. With all the hype about Clarke/Mack potentially committing soon, Jones turned to UNLV. Now that they aren't as likely to be committing to us, we can get back on track with Jones and be the freshest voice in his ear. I think choosing between us and UNLV would be easy for him.

I'm sure a commit from Diamond Stone wouldn't the hurt cause either.

pj

Reaction Score
Most of Kentucky's prospects seem to be waiting for the spring, and they are recruiting 2 top players at most positions. If Stone commits we'll have one open scholarship for a perimeter player, and should be one of the top contenders for whoever Kentucky doesn't get. Even if Kentucky has a complete roster turnover with everybody turning pro, I don't think they can pick up all their prospects.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
900x900px-LL-76afbaf3_brick-loud-noises-b-1.jpeg

Reaction Score
This seems to point towards UNLV. That said, I wonder if the staff could have used the impending Mack decision to pressure Jones in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom