Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV) | The Boneyard

Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New highlights from this past weekend at the UA Finals:

Reaction Score
Today was the first game for his adidas Nations team, Team Howard (same as Jalen Adams). Jones had 7 points, shooting 2-4 from the field (1-2 from three) and 2 rebounds. Plays agains tomorrow morning at 10:15am.

Reaction Score
Today was the first game for his adidas Nations team, Team Howard (same as Jalen Adams). Jones had 7 points, shooting 2-4 from the field (1-2 from three) and 2 rebounds. Plays agains tomorrow morning at 10:15am.
Are the games televised?

Reaction Score
Are the games televised?
I don't think so.
-------------------
Derrick Jones' team lost to Team Africa. He put up 7 points on 2-5 shooting (0-1 from three, 3-3 from free throws) and 2 rebounds.

Reaction Score
Had 18 points on 6-8 shooting (1-2 from 3, 5-6 from free throws), 6 rebounds and 3 assists last night.

Reaction Score
From Rivals:

The No. 33 player in the class of 2015, small forward Derrick Jones, has a very laid back approach to his recruitment.

The 6-foot-6 small forward from Radnor (Pa.) Archbishop Carroll said he has been letting his father and coaches handle the majority of his recruitment.[/SIZE]

"I trust them," Jones said. "I'm going to start setting some visits up here soon and when I get on the visits I will ask more questions."

According to Jones, he would like to knock out a couple of visits during the month of August -- he just isn't sure where yet. Schools under consideration include Kentucky, Syracuse,Villanova, Indiana, Connecticut and SMU.

Capping off a strong summer, Jones was very good during a Saturday night with 18 points while being efficient from the floor. He attacked the rim and showcased his high flying athleticism, hit a three and was active as a rebounder and passer during a terrific all-around performance.

Reaction Score
The 6-foot-6 small forward from Radnor (Pa.) Archbishop Carroll said he has been letting his father and coaches handle the majority of his recruitment
Excellent, his dad had nothing but glowing praise for KO iirc

Reaction Score
“@UAbasketball: It's almost time for the 9th annual @UABasketball #Elite24. Stay tuned here tomorrow where we'll announce the players in this year's game.”

“@UAbasketball: Also from the Class of 2015 at the 9th Annual UA Basketball #ELITE24: Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) & Derrick Jones (@_DerrickJ24_)”

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncb...rdis-breakdown-five-stock-risers?refresh=true

Every summer prospects go out on the circuit to win, compete and improve with hopes to gain some exposure along the way. When evaluating, there are certain prospects who consistently show up and catch your eye with strong performances at a high level, affecting the outcome of a game.

Here are five players from the 2015 class whose stocks are on the rise in the all-important summer period.

4. Derrick Jones
No. 27 in the ESPN 100

Known as a big-time finisher even when he can’t dunk it, Jones’ body control and touch are evident. His overall skill level has grown and he is able to put points on the board in different ways. His shooting confidence has improved and as a result, his jumper is making progress. "I can see his maturity both on and off the floor as he is trying to be a leader on the team and is focused about his future,” said Terrell Myers, director of “We are One” who Jones plays for in the summer. Jones has made unofficial visits to Syracuse and UConn and hopes to do unofficial visits to Louisville, Kentucky, Auburn and Indiana in September.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score

Pogo Stick Jones at The Big Strick Dunk Contest...his athleticism is off the chartsss

Seriously though, who is the last guy this long and lanky to have that kind of hops to go with it?

Reaction Score
Really getting a little hype about the idea of ollie signing jones and adams in the same class. Adams looks athletic enough to be groomed as a top ten pick point guard ( Someone made a devin harris comparison on his highlight comments, spot on) , same with jones at his position. thats a pretty gaudy list tho

caw

Reaction Score
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/derrick-jones-has-a-top-8-will-host-uconn-for-home-visit/

UConn in top 8 along with Kansas, Kentucky, Florida, Louisville, North Carolina, Arizona and Auburn.

In-home visit scheduled for Sept. 10.

UConn only school out of those eight that he has visited and the only in-home visit scheduled so far.

Interesting that Zona and UL are listed. They have Smith and Adel committed respectively. I know Smith has an injury but still a year away from him being on campus.

So top 8 for both Jones and Beasley
Top 5 for Comanche
Top 3 from the 7-4 dude with the many names.

Let's start closing some of these.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
We got some stiff competition for Jones - let's see if KO can close it out vs the big boys

Godspeed to Auburn going up against the rest of those schools on the list....

Reaction Score
spring decison? other wing options are probably popping well before then.

Reaction Score
Great article, 3. Lots of positives that really set us up well with him and his father (who clearly is in charge of his recruitment). However, I do not like the prolonging of the decision. If we have a chance to snap up Clarke in October/November, we cannot pass up on that. We are not waiting around for Jones. On another note, it wouldn't surprise me if he committed here without warning; we just seem to be all over him, and any school that would present a serious challenge (UK, KU, UNC) have their focus elsewhere, or already have a wing committed (UL, AZ, UF). UNLV and Auburn are not landing Jones. Honestly, Florida scares me the most (Hayes is a 6'3" guard who can play the wing, alluding to my previous grouping), now that they are out for Blakeney and only have a couple wing targets listed on 2-4-7. But it does appear that they are late to the party as this is the first time I've heard them mentioned with Jones.

EDIT: Kevaughn Allen is the UF commit who is a 2-guard. Kevarrius Hayes is a 4/5.

Reaction Score
Waiting til spring for an announcement normally means a recruit is waiting for someone else to declare from a big time program, like KenSucky, Arizona, Kansas & UNC (for example). Those 4 schools are solid at SF, unless one of their big time recruits declares. UNC has 3 SFs on their roster this season, so I don't think UNC offers immediate playing time since 2 0f 3 will be back. KU has Oubre this year but he could be gone next year. Not sure AZ has space with Smith coming in with the same class and with either Hollis-Jefferson & S.Johnson coming back (I don't think both will declare). KenSucky always has higher ranked players coming in, so I'm not seeing Jones there. Derrick's Dad is obviously high on UConn, but Derrick needs to be too. TV time doesn't make you a better player, just my opinion!

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members