Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pearl is a buffoon and a used car salesman but Petrino is the king of sleaze, Dave Bliss is probably the only coach I can think of who is more despicable than Petrino.

Reaction Score
Saw today Pearl reeled in 2 top 60 guys. One being a sf. Man we need one big time barbecue. Quick defrost those porterhouse's.

Reaction Score
Petrino is only dirty with his personal life, Bruce Pearl is a scumbag, he's the perfect fit at Auburn and in the SEC. Auburn is the dirtiest athletic program anywhere by miles and has deep pockets.

Pearl can recruit and is a good enough game coach to make noise. He's basketball's equivalence to Bobby Petrino. You hope he wins enough before the house of cards coming falling down.

Reaction Score
husky91 said:
Petrino is only dirty with his personal life, Bruce Pearl is a scumbag, he's the perfect fit at Auburn and in the SEC. Auburn is the dirtiest athletic program anywhere by miles and has deep pockets.
I don't know people that are dirty personally but squeaky clean professionally. It doesn't seem to work that way. That's not to say that Petrino is a horrible guy for having an affair. Some marriages are a disaster and eventually people can stray. However, Petrino exhibited risky and foolish behavior with a very young girl who was also a coworker. If I was Petrino and wanted a mistress:

1. She'd be older and more mature and not someone I could never have a chance in hell of banging if I wasn't a famous football coach.

2. She wouldn't work for my employer, who happens to pay me millions.

3. If I drove her anywhere, it would be in an actual vehicle, not on a motorcycle where everyone can see us and an accident would likely result in injury and headlines. Motorcycle rides are close quarters affairs and hard to explain to the wife too. Car rides are easy to explain.

4. I wouldn't lie about it after getting caught with my hand in the cookie jar, the writing was on the wall.

Poor judgement all around. I'm pretty sure it extends to his professional practices.

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Pearl is kind of a scum bag too. Link
This was the authors summation:
Pearl's crime at Iowa was insisting too ostentatiously on the rule of law in a lawless land. His crime at Tennessee was winking too conspicuously at same. Somewhere in between is where the Big Fraud is most comfortably sold.

In my opinion, Petrino is way worse. Maybe Pearl is guilty of some other stuff. I'm not aware of.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This thread, predictably, is going astray with the Petrino and Pearl comments.

Back on topic is that Chris Clark is a better fit for UConn and Jones should be the #2 option if Clark goes elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Pearl paint.png
Pearl fro.png

Reaction Score
there are plenty of milfs who look better than the mistress Petrino was caught with. if you're going to hijack your career and damn near violate state hiring laws, you gotta do better than that.

Reaction Score
Yeah exactly Christie Brinkley is basically a unicorn, you come across genes like that as often you do Andre Drummond's

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah exactly Christie Brinkley is basically a unicorn, you come across genes like that as often you do Andre Drummond's

If I had her it wouldn't be genes that I'd come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom