DePaul Postgame Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

DePaul Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Strange box score.
Some key stats indicate UCONN had no chance.
UCONN—2X fouls
UCONN—2X turnovers
UCONN—1/2 offensive boards
Higher shooting %- especially in the second half Brings it home.

This team wins it all next year.
And the year after.
And the year after.
This year- little short

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Geno keeping Dorka out probably saved this game. He saw the way they were calling fouls in the post, she had two fouls and he saved those for the 4th qt. She is a very effective rebounder. Believe it or not BY, he knows what he's doing!!!
Dorka should start! :D

Reaction Score
1. This was the best version of Christyn. She was aggressive and didn't jack up 3's
2. Azzi-uhhhhhh, I had my doubts. But she is smooth.
3. Caroline is just a gamer.
4. Morrow is ummmmmmm, spirited and a little much. She could've fouled out 4 times and I bet the next time we play them our defenders will be much more prepared.
5. Dorka did some great things in the second half.
6. The refs were atrocious.
on #4 - maybe the referees will be better prepared? Have to give her credit, she's one tough cookie and doesn't give an inch but I think you'll see a different game called the next time around.

Reaction Score
Did you see Christyn crashing to the court and slide a couple feet after being shove? I was yelling at the TV
Nan, I thought she took a shot from Morrow. I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
A few thoughts (very)

-When Geno took Dorka out is when DePaul went on their run.
and he kept her out throughout it.

-I thought in that tough 2nd quarter and few other times, Caroline wasn't 100% sure of her role ...should she lead? At the end...Geno told her and she knew.

-Couldn't have won his game without Fudd. She looks pretty comfy and confident.
and, as the world knows, she's a great shooter.

It's becoming a team...still a way to go.
Or maybe Geno was pretty smart, with 2 fouls saving Dorka for the 2nd 1/2. He couldn’t have imagined the team out there missing so many shots.

Reaction Score
LOL if you hate CW just say that. This is a terrible take. This was one of her best games all year. She played hard on both ends of the court, so her contributions go beyond her 17 points scored and 3 assists. But yet, here you are, insinuating that her efforts did not contribute to the win. The same can be said for Caroline then, no? Even Azzi, right?

Reaction Score
Negative ….struggled against an unranked team and was dominated inside by a 6’1’ freshman. EW and AE have all but disappeared. I don’t understand it.

Positives. They won the final minute of a close game. Very important for this team to come out victorious in a game like this.

One word for Azzi’s shot…...PURE

AZZI, CD, CW and Paige …..I wouldn’t want to have my paycheck dependent upon a strategy to defend them.

Reaction Score
On the final play...who is the best free throw shooter? Caroline. Who takes it to the basket best? Caroline. It was a smart coaching decision. He was going for the free throw as much as anything. With 8 seconds left De Paul fouling quickly wouldn't have been a horrible decision.

Reaction Score
LOL if you hate CW just say that. This is a terrible take. This was one of her best games all year. She played hard on both ends of the court, so her contributions go beyond her 17 points scored and 3 assists. But yet, here you are, insinuating that her efforts did not contribute to the win. The same can be said for Caroline then, no? Even Azzi, right?
I think he was saying the team was so good that EVEN with Christyn's great game they might have been able to win anyway I don't think he meant to criticize Christyn who clearly had a great game.

Reaction Score
They revealed the 4 guard lineup I proposed last week and it worked until they played Edwards and Nika the whole time. At the end it fell apart but with the right personnel it was clicking and should enable more shots for Azzi from the 3 and they should be more able to cut off the opposing side's 3 pointers which ended up at 28% overall. What they couldn't stop was Morrow one on one. Major flaws in the implementation. Lots of criticism when I proposed it and the very next game Geno implemented a form of it.
Let’s be fair. The criticism came when they only had four guards. With six, it’s a totally different animal. Also, ONO was in foul trouble and Alijah was really off. At that point, Geno had no choice.

Reaction Score
I don't think there is anything wrong with the guards overall that Paige coming back won't fix. Paige, Chrystyn, Azzi and Caroline is as good a guard combo as anyone in college. We just need our starters and key players healthy.

Reaction Score
I think the meaning was that somehow UConn was going to win this game no matter who played because so many people stepped up tonight including CW- Caroline, Azzi, Dorka, Christyn, even Nika scored. Then again, I usually give people the benefit of the doubt

Reaction Score
Let’s be fair. The criticism came when they only had four guards. With six, it’s a totally different animal. Also, ONO was in foul trouble and Alijah was really off. At that point, Geno had no choice.
If you look back on my original post at the start of the thread I said something like WHEN PAIGE AND AZZI ARE AVAILABLE Geno might want to consider that option. And then I said the best lineup included Dorka and Liv most of the time. I think I nailed it again frankly.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
On the final play...who is the best free throw shooter? Caroline. Who takes it to the basket best? Caroline. It was a smart coaching decision. He was going for the free throw as much as anything. With 8 seconds left De Paul fouling quickly wouldn't have been a horrible decision.
Geno said that was not the play he planned. Caroline adjusted because DePaul blocked the called play and drove to the basket.

Reaction Score
Morgan V. had better get with it. Tough to follow Shea, but we need less foolishness from the guards.
These guards played the same exact way when Shea was there so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

Reaction Score
I actually thought AE had some brain farts out there but battled Morrow well. She missed a lot of easy layups. But all of the bugs should be ready to go to work in practice after this game because just like the previous few seasons, they are our weakness. Liv is having an INCREDIBLE season thus far, but I believe that physical players are her downfall. Can’t wait for Brady to get here, we just need toughness down low. I’m tired of our bigs getting bullied and out played.
Twice in the second quarter Edwards failed to get back on defense and Morrow scored on runouts. I suspect that is why she road the pine during the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom