DePaul Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

DePaul Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Everyone that played tonight, with the possible exception of one, at some point, provided a key play or plays! Everyone! And I am going to watch the replay tomorrow and hope I can take back the exception.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thank you for putting this in here because this was also against an unranked depaul team and that was against a number 1 ranked uconn team. Tonight was a hard fought battle and a very telling win for our girls. Especially playing against the refs too.
It’s a tough arena to play in, always has been

Reaction Score
We need more conference battles like this for us to keep up with the elite teams. It keeps coaches and players sharp and it gets us prepared for tourney play.

Glad we are getting back to balance scoring and using everyone like the old days.

40 percent three point shooting if that stays consistent we have a chance going forward.

Reaction Score
Just wow!

This was a great game for a lot of reasons. Had to overcome a dreadful 2nd quarter, as well as the disappearing act from Edwards, 2 awful TO's towards the end of the game, and Liv getting completely overwhelmed by a freshman.

But I tell you what - Williams - she was just great. Dorka battled her butt off. And the 2 freshmen - the future of UCONN - were just sensational.

I almost got choked up seeing Azzi enter the game. And this might be the first time she has been healthy since the summer.

BTW the refs were dreadful. I almost never complain about that but just yuck.

Can't say enough about what a tough and gutty win that was. WOW!!
Love this attitude!! More of this

Reaction Score
-I thought in that tough 2nd quarter and few other times, Caroline wasn't 100% sure of her role ...should she lead? At the end...Geno told her and she knew.
I couldn't agree more. I thought that second quarter was largely a result of weird lineups on the floor, who likely haven't' all been on the floor at the same time. There were a few plays were CW and CD were standing on the same wing, realized, both started to cut baseline, and had to gesture to one another to figure it out. It was the first stretch in many games where CD was completely still on offense. Just a lack of chemistry among those on the floor.

In the second half, and especially down the stretch, she went back to doing what she does best. Aggressively going to the basket and floating around for open perimeter looks. I expect her and Azzi will build a lot of chemistry. Also those two benefit when Dorka and ONO are passing out of the high post.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Excuse me but Morrow fouled at least 5 times and didn't get called. She got the Michael Jordan treatment. She literally shoved people out of the way overtly. Overtly elbowed people in the ribs as if she were Mike Tyson and didn't get called. To a significant degree she's a dirty player. I'm sorry but that's how I saw it. She may not realize it but she was full bore Detroit Pistons circa Dennis Rodman era.
Dirty player? Not that I could see where she tried to hurt someone. She did foul, however: pushed, shoved, used forearm, elbows, etc. But the refs weren't calling those "aggressive" moves, so she continued to use them, which, for her is a successful strategy. One thing she did not do: she did not try to make swinging shot blocks. Ono and Dorka, while better on that issue than before, got called because it's so obvious.

Reaction Score
Dirty player? Not that I could see where she tried to hurt someone. She did foul, however: pushed, shoved, used forearm, elbows, etc. But the refs weren't calling those "aggressive" moves, so she continued to use them, which, for her is a successful strategy. One thing she did not do: she did not try to make swinging shot blocks. Ono and Dorka, while better on that issue than before, got called because it's so obvious.

I wouldn’t call her a dirty player but the foul on CW was a flagrant. She was not going for the ball

Reaction Score
Paige scared the hell out of me on one of UCONN's last baskets. She jumped so high off the ground & came down full force on her leg. Someone has to remind her to restrain herself. I admire her leadership & team spirit, but she doesn't need another setback.
It’s actually a great sign that she is jumping like that. Means she is progressing in rehab.

Reaction Score
I actually thought AE had some brain farts out there but battled Morrow well. She missed a lot of easy layups. But all of the bugs should be ready to go to work in practice after this game because just like the previous few seasons, they are our weakness. Liv is having an INCREDIBLE season thus far, but I believe that physical players are her downfall. Can’t wait for Brady to get here, we just need toughness down low. I’m tired of our bigs getting bullied and out played.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Another interesting stat for Morrow. She's shooting 66.7% from the line. Tonight she was 8/9. And she shot them so well (All net mostly) it looked like she never missed one in her life. One of the "naysayers" favorite lines is "So what - we beat an unranked team". What is important to note is that DePaul played this game very much like a ranked team and we pulled it out despite foul trouble on the road. That's a huge accomplishment in my book.

Reaction Score
It’s actually a great sign that she is jumping like that. Means she is progressing in rehab.
True! But Geno keeps complaining tongue- in- cheek that she won't listen to any medical advice.

Reaction Score
Morgan V. had better get with it. Tough to follow Shea, but we need less foolishness from the guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom