DePaul Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

DePaul Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the DePaul game:
  • Whew...............................................
  • This was a really important win for the still shorthanded Huskies on the road against their top BE rival. With just one more OOC game vs a ranked opponent, UConn needs to continue to take care of business in the BE to secure the best seed possible for the Big Dance.
  • Morrow is the real deal. She plays with incredible savvy, poise and toughness for a freshman. I know recruiting rankings should never be considered gospel. But please tell me how in god’s name Morrow was not even listed among Hoopgurlz top 100 players for 2021?
  • Really great to see both Christyn & Azzi back in uniform and on the court tonight as the Huskies get a little healthier and a little deeper. They both came up big tonight. Just one more piece of the puzzle remaining.
  • DePaul leads the nation in scoring at 92 ppg. I was feeling pretty good after the Huskies held the Blue Demons to only 11 pts in the first qtr. Unfortunately, that was followed by a 29 pt 2nd qtr.
  • This was a GUT CHECK GAME for UConn. Caroline!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Yes we win, ONO, CD, CW, Nika and Azzi and Doka 12 rebs all my girls...

Screenshot (14).png

Reaction Score
Glad to see Azzi & CW back. Glad Nika wasn’t seriously hurt.

Still even with fresh troops they fell apart in the second quarter which has been a team trait this season and yet to be resolved.

The discipline just doesn’t seem to be there. Leadership, stamina, character – pick a term. They have a scary tendency to become completely untangled and get trounced for long periods and without the ability to regroup and stop the bleeding.

Not once, not twice, not three times.

Welcome back Azzi & CW, but as the Music Man said - “We got trouble right here in River City”.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just wow!

This was a great game for a lot of reasons. Had to overcome a dreadful 2nd quarter, as well as the disappearing act from Edwards, 2 awful TO's towards the end of the game, and Liv getting completely overwhelmed by a freshman.

But I tell you what - Williams - she was just great. Dorka battled her butt off. And the 2 freshmen - the future of UCONN - were just sensational.

I almost got choked up seeing Azzi enter the game. And this might be the first time she has been healthy since the summer.

BTW the refs were dreadful. I almost never complain about that but just yuck.

Can't say enough about what a tough and gutty win that was. WOW!!

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We overcame alot. Fouls Fouls Fouls Alot of players grew up tonite. Christyn what a great game. Fudd thank goodness shes back, now we wait for Paige. Dorka played great too. Nika is a scorer. Moving forward we just have to keep it up. Turnovers hurt and no fouls on Depaul hurt too. Morrow is great what can you say shes a force. UConn showed guts

We can not have Liv and Dorka out of the game. WHen they were out Depaul got inside. A huge difference when Dorka and Liv are out. Any questions about clutch Caroline and Azzi are it. Azzi is gonna make a huge difference.

OMG Ive got to calm down my heart is beatin fast. Terrific game.

Reaction Score
How lucky are we, to have two really talented freshman, and sophomore whose already won NPOY. The next two seasons are going to be really fun.

I thought we made a ton of errors, especially down the stretch, but came up with enough big baskets to steal this solid road win.

Caroline had an efficient game which should make this board happy. And she stepped up in a massive way down the stretch. She just never seems rattled.

And her freshman running mate announced her return with a red hot second half. Nice bounce back from what I thought were a handful of forced shots during the extended Depaul run. She completely changes this team with her ability to shoot and score in bunches.

Also shoutout to CW who had some big buckets and played well in her return from Covid. Our bigs seemed rattled, but I've never seen a player as aggressive as Morrow. I guess if you set that tone from the jump, you force officials to establish their threshold for physical play. Not looking forward to 3 more years of her in the big east. She is tough.

Reaction Score
Glad to see Azzi & CW back. Glad Nika wasn’t seriously hurt.

Still even with fresh troops they fell apart in the second quarter which has been a team trait this season and yet to be resolved.

The discipline just doesn’t seem to be there. Leadership, stamina, character – pick a term. They have a scary tendency to become completely untangled and get trounced for long periods and without the ability to regroup and stop the bleeding.

Not once, not twice, not three times.

Welcome back Azzi & CW, but as the Music Man said - “We got trouble right here in River City”.
If must drive Geno crazy when they just stand and watch the game… while they’re on the floor.

Reaction Score
I continue to long for the day when Paige, Caroline & Azzi are on the court together for this UConn team. They will be an unstoppable combination.
We just have to figure out how to play defense- but, I will say, Christyn is good defender and Paige is also really good on defense, so having all together will help there too

Reaction Score
Excuse me but Morrow fouled at least 5 times and didn't get called. She got the Michael Jordan treatment. She literally shoved people out of the way overtly. Overtly elbowed people in the ribs as if she were Mike Tyson and didn't get called. To a significant degree she's a dirty player. I'm sorry but that's how I saw it. She may not realize it but she was full bore Detroit Pistons circa Dennis Rodman era.

Reaction Score
Fresh Troops definitley helped.
1. I thought the game was very one sided by the refs for DePaul. Charging calls where they would bump us and then fall down. Morrow is good but she is playing football out there.
2. Caroline is still a go-to player for us. Azzi can shoot and she kept her player in front of her for the most part. Held juked Nika a couple times and went by her like nobody was home.
3. Liv and Dorka battled all game long.
4. Turnovers have been hurting us all year long. We need to get better about this. Paige will help.
5. All and all a gutty performance.
6. CW did things that she does well and looked good out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom