DC: McCombs Arrested | Page 4 | The Boneyard

DC: McCombs Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If true, it's not a mall transgression regardless of victim. I'm simply suggesting HCPP had access to actual facts and rendered a decision while we are rending justice with absolutely no idea of what transpired. In such a circumstance I tend to side with coach who was never one to give players much slack.

Last thing. Just for the record, I understand your point. Some are a little to quick to convict him. My issue is the lack of 1 game suspension based off the arrest.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For those talking about two sides: How does one quarter make sense. Either wait for legal process or suspend.

What is the point of one quarter?

Reaction Score
For those talking about two sides: How does one quarter make sense. Either wait for legal process or suspend.

What is the point of one quarter?

Well that to me is what P feels the punishment should be for an arrest.

Reaction Score
Last thing. Just for the record, I understand your point. Some are a little to quick to convict him. My issue is the lack of 1 game suspension based off the arrest.

Does it change your viewpoint at all that his girlfriend was also cited?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'll answer for me. Either suspend or wait for legal process. I'm fine with either. Playing it halfway is ridiculous.

Reaction Score

No. He should have been suspended for the game.

Anything more is definitely open to debate, but an arrest warrants a 1 game, not a 1 quarter, suspension.

On the legal side, as I said earlier, the charge is a misdemeanor, and if he was only charged with Disorderly Conduct, it means the police officers could not corroborate that he spit on his girlfriend or pushed her (if so, the additional charge of Assult 3 would be added - also a misdemeanor).

Again, not seeing the police report like the press evidently has, I would think there was a loud disturbance, and that is why they got cited for Disorderly.

Charges will likely be nolled or dismissed after completion of a program/classes.

Reaction Score
Agree one quarter makes no sense, play him in full or not. But let's not kick him out f the program yet. Ben Gordon was also once accused of sexual harassment by a female student. I don't know if he was attested, I believe not, but nonetheless a crime, and it turned out to be patently false.

Reaction Score
No. He should have been suspended for the game.

Anything more is definitely open to debate, but an arrest warrants a 1 game, not a 1 quarter, suspension.

On the legal side, as I said earlier, the charge is a misdemeanor, and if he was only charged with Disorderly Conduct, it means the police officers could not corroborate that he spit on his girlfriend or pushed her (if so, the additional charge of Assult 3 would be added - also a misdemeanor).

Again, not seeing the police report like the press evidently has, I would think there was a loud disturbance, and that is why they got cited for Disorderly.

Charges will likely be nolled or dismissed after completion of a program/classes.

Jeff Jacobs (@jacobscourant)
10/6/12, 12:12 PM
We'll have to see when McCombs comes in. Didn't start after Friday arrest for fight with girlfriend. She also was cited.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs (@jacobscourant)
10/6/12, 12:12 PM
We'll have to see when McCombs comes in. Didn't start after Friday arrest for fight with girlfriend. She also was cited.

Wow, I will feel like a wasted alot of my time if McCombs ends up not playing! CAHusky was right, shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

Next time I will let my emotions settle a little.

Reaction Score
He shouldn't even be on the sidelines in uniform today either way. He was arrested.

The fact that he's playing today just looks........bad.

Reaction Score
Running up the middle in a GDL offense is worse than suspension.

Reaction Score
pretty pathetic that this punk is playing today.
shows pp's desperation I guess.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If he pushed her, it would be assault. They were just yelling at each other. BFD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom