DC: McCombs Arrested | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DC: McCombs Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I have no idea what Pasqualoni is thinking. A rule of thumb for Pasqualoni: if you're arrested the night before a game, you have forfeited at a minimum your right to represent the University of Connecticut. I fail to see how that is an unreasonable rule.
What if the arrest was unreasonable? I have no knowledge of what happened but the desire to rush to judgement is crazy. HCPP had access to facts and rendered a decision based on facts but folks here want him removed from the team even though they don't have a clue what happened.

Reaction Score
How about you get the details before sending him to the gallows? I'm pretty sure the coaches have a little more to base their decision on than whats posted here.

I never said send McCombs to the gallows.

McCombs was arrested. That should result in an immediate suspension. 1 game, whatever. Sitting him 1 quarter sends a horrible message.

Reaction Score
What if the arrest was unreasonable? I have no knowledge of what happened but the desire to rush to judgement is crazy. HCPP had access to facts and rendered a decision based on facts but folks here want him removed from the team even though they don't have a clue what happened.

Lyle McCombs was arrested, he is at the very least guilty of putting himself in a horrible situation. He should be suspended for the Rutgers game.

What facts do you think Coach P has other than McCombs side of the story? The police report? Honest question.

Reaction Score
At least Wake has a big suspension today so we won't be the headline for idiots.

Hell Missouri suspended what 5 for today...

P.S. - Guess your "educated guess" yesterday was uneducated?

Reaction Score
How about you get the details before sending him to the gallows? I'm pretty sure the coaches have a little more to base their decision on than whats posted here.

Here are the details that warrant a suspension for the Rutgers game: "Lyle McCombs was arrested". Other details should be used when determining how much further punishment is deserved.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I am with huskysupporter on this one. Benching a kid at least one game for this kind of arrest is the right thing to do, and one quarter is a joke.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I never said send McCombs to the gallows.

McCombs was arrested. That should result in an immediate suspension. 1 game, whatever. Sitting him 1 quarter sends a horrible message.
Even though you have absolutely no clue what happened. "Arrest" can be as simple as being detained for 5 minutes on site and being let go with a ticket. I'm thinking coach had more info than us and found a 1q suspension sufficient. I don't think anyone is suggesting HCPP is some kind of rebel so I'm guessing it was probably a pretty minor incident. I trust his judgement

Reaction Score
You are exactly the type of uconn fan I would not mind losing at all.

Believe me, I know I am in the minority of collegiate sports fans. The win at all cost mentality is the overriding theme. I apologize that I do not fit into your idea of a good fan.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Lyle McCombs was arrested, he is at the very least guilty of putting himself in a horrible situation. He should be suspended for the Rutgers game.

What facts do you think Coach P has other than McCombs side of the story? The police report? Honest question.
Of course.

Reaction Score
This board can make my....

tumblr_m8cczkh7oN1qhk1j2o1_400_medium.gif

Reaction Score
Even though you have absolutely no clue what happened. "Arrest" can be as simple as being detained for 5 minutes on site and being let go with a ticket. I'm thinking coach had more info than us and found a 1q suspension sufficient. I don't think anyone is suggesting HCPP is some kind of rebel so I'm guessing it was probably a pretty minor incident. I trust his judgement

Police report says he pushed and spit on his girlfriend. Doesn't matter how long he was detained. Should be in Storrs right now. This is pretty disgraceful.

Reaction Score

I am well versed in the area of criminal law and procedure. You obviously understand that whether you are issued a misdemeanor summons and never placed in handcuffs, that is still an arrest, correct?

I am just asking, what info do you think the coach had? Police report? McComb's account?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Believe me, I know I am in the minority of collegiate sports fans. The win at all cost mentality is the overriding theme. I apologize that I do not fit into your idea of a good fan.
There is room between "win at all costs" and "suspend someone immediately for the smallest transgression". I'm suggesting that after reviewing the facts HCPP felt comfortable rendering justice somewhere in the middle. How can you suggest he should be automatically suspended when you don't have a clue on the world what happened?

Reaction Score
There is room between "win at all costs" and "suspend someone immediately for the smallest transgression". I'm suggesting that after reviewing the facts HCPP felt comfortable rendering justice somewhere in the middle. How can you suggest he should be automatically suspended when you don't have a clue on the world what happened?

You think a 1 quarter suspension is sufficient for a misdemeanor arrest? Just to be clear.

We will have to agree to disagree.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You obviously understand that whether you are issued a misdemeanor summons and never placed in handcuffs, that is still an arrest, correct?
That was the point of my post. And, I'm suggesting a misdemeanor summons may not always rise to the level of suspension.

Reaction Score

Because he was arrested. That warrants a 1 game suspension.

Reaction Score
I see two people who should be embarrassed if McCombs is allowed on the sidelines. This isn't about McCombs. This is about UConn. If a player is stupid and callous enough to stain UConn's reputation, why in the world allow him to represent it? And give me a break about "we don't know all the facts". The only fact I care about is: "McCombs was arrested." That is an indisputable fact.

A4h--NSCIAAXRYd.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Look on the bright side this decision is one decision closer to a new staff.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You think a 1 quarter suspension is sufficient for a misdemeanor arrest? Just to be clear.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Without actual knowledge of the offense it's impossible to judge.

Reaction Score
That was the point of my post. And, I'm suggesting a misdemeanor summons may not always rise to the level of suspension.

Wait, so you are judging the severity of the charge on whether someone was transported to jail?

The allegations are that he spit on and pushed his girlfriend. The police felt there was enough evidence to arrest him. That is all the info we have. The police account. Do you think the 1 quarter suspension is warranted?

Reaction Score
Hell Missouri suspended what 5 for today...

P.S. - Guess your "educated guess" yesterday was uneducated?
I wish that was true, pushing and spitting on your girlfriend is more than just a tad bit worse don't you think? And just so we are clear, next time this POS is arrested I'll throw out 2 logical options.

Reaction Score
I wish that was true, pushing and spitting on your girlfriend is more than just a tad bit worse don't you think? And just so we are clear, next time this POS is arrested I'll throw out 2 logical options.
Self like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman