David Pindell | Page 3 | The Boneyard

David Pindell

Reaction Score
The one true statement we all can agree with ... that David Pindell run was one of the most impressive feats we have seen here at UConn or near our level. He is damn fast WITH another gear.

Agreed but also tells me that we should of found a way to get thast speed onto the field in other capacities prior to now! Seems like a waste IMO

Reaction Score
Hmmm... Can you possibly back-up your "Pindell is by far the fastest player on the team" with any facts?

The eye test on the field during game time is the only fact we should consider, and he has been "factual" in that sense based on what I've seen

Reaction Score
What the heck were we doing playing BS over him, just because he had a tough first game?

Lets not start this .... BS gave us the best chance to compete like it or not. The fact remains that we sucked last year and one can still argue that position currently. Mixing up QB's would not of changed that

Reaction Score
Dixon and Davis were both pretty good HS QBs.

I think the play set up to swing the ball to Davis going right to left in the backfield (which was fumbled by the QB) was meant for Davis to catch a lateral and have a throw option.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think the play set up to swing the ball to Davis going right to left in the backfield (which was fumbled by the QB) was meant for Davis to catch a lateral and have a throw option.
They ran a reverse for Dixon and he passed to Pindell against URI. I think they got about 10 yards but there was a penalty on the play. And now it’s on tape.

Reaction Score
Notice that SU got snaps for their back up, so did Boise and UCF.

Pindell gives us the best chance to win right now. But Washington and the Polish kid should both be getting snaps especially after the outcome is determined.

Reaction Score
Getting a back up quarterback some snaps in a blow out is different than moving our best player to a different position, as was originally suggested. The first is fine; the second is idiocy.
The coaching staff. Spring football and preseason camp is where you figure out your two deep, not games.

Yes this is correct because all of those are the same as actual game action.

I am not advocating to move DP but this is a "what if" scenario on a message board which is perfectly acceptable. The OP asked if it is possible that HCRE would move DP to another skill position if we lost the next two games? It was not advocating that DP be moved.

You responded that it would be a disaster since DP was the glue holding the team together. I just pointed out that so far we haven't come close to a FCS win (and if we lose the next two as per the OC) then how tragic could it be? Can't do worse than 0 for 5.

At 1-5 I think it is possible that HCRE may want to see what the future holds at QB. I think that it would make sense to do so rather than try and win another game or two and enter next Spring without any idea how these guys perform in real game situations.

Reaction Score
Skanes was a QB in HS as well. I believe he led his team to a Chicago Public League championship his senior year.
Yes but I think he only played that it out of necessity if my memory is right. He was a WR before his senior year

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So are you suggesting that the first games should be de facto try outs at every position, because preseason camp isn't the same as an actual game? Because that is a really interesting take.
I am not advocating to move DP but this is a "what if" scenario on a message board which is perfectly acceptable. The OP asked if it is possible that HCRE would move DP to another skill position if we lost the next two games?
Yep and I answered his question. That's pretty much how message boards work, right?
You responded that it would be a disaster since DP was the glue holding the team together. I just pointed out that so far we haven't come close to a FCS win (and if we lose the next two as per the OC) then how tragic could it be?
Have you noticed how our underclassmen have been doing on defense this year? There's a reason why coaches don't field teams of freshmen unless they have no choice. A few snaps in a blow out is fine. Starting QB? You really aren't doing those kids any favors.
At 1-5 I think it is possible that HCRE may want to see what the future holds at QB.
Well I guess we'll see what Randy does, but I strongly doubt he's given up on the season 4 games in.

Reaction Score
So are you suggesting that the first games should be de facto try outs at every position, because preseason camp isn't the same as an actual game? Because that is a really interesting take.

Yep and I answered his question. That's pretty much how message boards work, right?
Have you noticed how our underclassmen have been doing on defense this year? There's a reason why coaches don't field teams of freshmen unless they have no choice. A few snaps in a blow out is fine. Starting QB? You really aren't doing those kids any favors.
Well I guess we'll see what Randy does, but I strongly doubt he's given up on the season 4 games in.

Not going to bother to respond to your inane read, I hope we start winning and root for the team no matter what.

Reaction Score

I am not advocating to move DP but this is a "what if" scenario on a message board which is perfectly acceptable. The OP asked if it is possible that HCRE would move DP to another skill position if we lost the next two games? It was not advocating that DP be moved.

You responded that it would be a disaster since DP was the glue holding the team together. I just pointed out that so far we haven't come close to a FCS win (and if we lose the next two as per the OC) then how tragic could it be? Can't do worse than 0 for 5.

At 1-5 I think it is possible that HCRE may want to see what the future holds at QB. I think that it would make sense to do so rather than try and win another game or two and enter next Spring without any idea how these guys perform in real game situations.

By asking the question you are giving it legitimacy.
By "how tragic could it be" question I refer you no farther back in history to our own FHCBD1.0 and his starting a freshman QB, it can get pretty tragic for the individual player and the team.
"rather than try and win another game or two", you realize there are only 12 games and at your theoretical 1-5, 1 or 2 wins would be up to 1/3rd of the remaining season. Don't you think that might "help" team development, recruiting, buy in, etc. Can't think of the last time a UConn football team won 1 game, even FHCBD1.0 won 2 games in his practice year.

Reaction Score
So there's a good chance this may have been discussed but, after mumbling it to friends a few times and then seeing the run at Syracuse, Pindell is by far the fastest player on the team and is electric with the ball in his hands. Do you guys think it's possible if we lose the next two games that Edsall/Dunn move him to a scat back or slot receiver and slide MW or Krajewski in under center? To me it makes sense to get the next QB ready and possibly even maximize Pindell's speed and maybe even get him a NFL practice squad tryout (assuming he has decent hands).
There’s a difference between fact and opinion- especially when there’s not enough facts to back up the statement. Line Pindell up with even just a FEW of our best receivers (I.e Hergy, Keyion, Buss) and have them run just ONE 40-yard dash so we can put this to rest for good.

Reaction Score
There’s a difference between fact and opinion- especially when there’s not enough facts to back up the statement. Line Pindell up with even just a FEW of our best receivers (I.e Hergy, Keyion, Buss) and have them run just ONE 40-yard dash so we can put this to rest for good.
Make it a spring game event, like midnight madness.

Reaction Score
So there's a good chance this may have been discussed but, after mumbling it to friends a few times and then seeing the run at Syracuse, Pindell is by far the fastest player on the team and is electric with the ball in his hands. Do you guys think it's possible if we lose the next two games that Edsall/Dunn move him to a scat back or slot receiver and slide MW or Krajewski in under center? To me it makes sense to get the next QB ready and possibly even maximize Pindell's speed and maybe even get him a NFL practice squad tryout (assuming he has decent hands).
In addition to slot receiver, can we also pencil him in at CB and the return game could use a spark too

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pindell is the only good player on the the roster.

Reaction Score
This thread was always stupid and it only gets more stupid with time, and with DP's performance when fully healthy.

Yes, everything being equal you'd love to have next year's QB have more rather than less experience. But what this team needs more than anything over the last 5 games is to learn to believe that they are capable of winning football games.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The best thing for the TEAM is to try to win every game. Goofing around with novelties or putting in people who can't crack the lineup of the worst team in FBS, isn't that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom