David Pindell | Page 4 | The Boneyard

David Pindell

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like a healthy Pindell to take as many snaps as possible to give UConn the best chance to win.

The past few weeks showed a limited Pindell doesn't give UConn a chance to win and also games have gotten out of hand where even a healthy Pindell doesn't affect the outcome. In those cases, play a back up to get experience.

Reaction Score
I agree, I wish Pindell had an extra year. With the experience the O-Line will gain we could possibly make it to a bowl game with him under center. Since he graduates, and not going to the NFL, let the other qb’s play.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree, I wish Pindell had an extra year. With the experience the O-Line will gain we could possibly make it to a bowl game with him under center. Since he graduates, and not going to the NFL, let the other qb’s play.

What other QB should have played last night?

The 4th year former walk on not being invited back next year?

The true freshman who has never played a down?

They lost a conference game by 8 on the road BECAUSE THE SENIOR QUARTERBACK IS PRETTY GOOD.

Let’s put the best player on the team on the bench. Maybe we can get to 1-11.

Reaction Score
What other QB should have played last night?

The 4th year former walk on not being invited back next year?

The true freshman who has never played a down?

They lost a conference game by 8 on the road BECAUSE THE SENIOR QUARTERBACK IS PRETTY GOOD.

Let’s put the best player on the team on the bench. Maybe we can get to 1-11.
not to mention, it's a good way to make any future juco or grad transfer think twice about coming here. it would be a pretty lousy thing to do. You willfully come into a dumpster fire, are the best player on the team, do everything you can to help salvage a miserable season, and you get put on the bench. lol. and all your upperclassmen now hate you because you're not giving the team the best chance to win the last games of their career.

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with last night. We might go 1-11 WITH Pindell under center. It hasmore to do with moving forward and building this program from the ground up. I’m not saying to bench Pindell completely but we can use his talents elsewhere. Pindell is an athlete, that is the best QB out of what we’ve seen so far. It is no disservice to him to rotate other qb’s and see where we stand. DP can stay in the game. How huge would that be to have Pindell and Mensah in the backfield. I’m sure all the other qb’s are capable of handing off the ball.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with last night. We might go 1-11 WITH Pindell under center. It hasmore to do with moving forward and building this program from the ground up. I’m not saying to bench Pindell completely but we can use his talents elsewhere. Pindell is an athlete, that is the best QB out of what we’ve seen so far. It is no disservice to him to rotate other qb’s and see where we stand. DP can stay in the game. How huge would that be to have Pindell and Mensah in the backfield. I’m sure all the other qb’s are capable of handing off the ball.

life may or may not be good - but your posts suck outloud

Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, like yours about grad students or JUCO players coming here. How many JUCO students did RE take in his last Recruiting class? As far as grad students go we have Fines from Miami. How is that working out? I believe Edsall said he doesn’t want transfers for only one year because he wants to rebuild the team.

As far as you saying that my posts suck out loud, maybe that’s because you had one too many during happy hour.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, like yours about grad students or JUCO players coming here. How many JUCO students did RE take in his last Recruiting class? As far as grad students go we have Fines from Miami. How is that working out? I believe Edsall said he doesn’t want transfers for only one year because he wants to rebuild the team.

As far as you saying that my posts suck out loud, maybe that’s because you had one too many during happy hour.

If you want to debate me have the decency to quote me.

Moving Pindell from QB to another position is Diaco level stupid.

Find another angle.

Reaction Score
I misread JMick’s post as yours. David Pindell is a very gifted athlete that gets things done with his legs. If this program is to succeed it’s not going to happen in the next five games. DP will not be here next year and whoever takes his place needs to get experience or we will be no better off than we are right now.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Next year becomes a lot worse if you bench one of the team's leaders who's also your best offensive player (and the best at his position since the program's G.O.A.T.). As others have stated, that sends an awful message to your returning players and recruits.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I misread JMick’s post as yours. David Pindell is a very gifted athlete that gets things done with his legs. If this program is to succeed it’s not going to happen in the next five games. DP will not be here next year and whoever takes his place needs to get experience or we will be no better off than we are right now.

Spoiler alert: If someone on the current roster plays QB next year... 2-10 is the upside.

Reaction Score

No, it is not because he was drunk. It's because his analysis of your posts is dead on correct.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, it is not because he was drunk. It's because his analysis of your posts is dead on correct.

I don’t even have a position on JUCOs or grad transfers other than we need better players however they get here.

I don’t think you can run a Kansas State/Boise State out of the Northeast because we are too far away from JUCO prospects.

Even with that limititation the two best QBs since Orlovsky were JUCO transfers.

Reaction Score
Pindell is the best we have to offer and hold the team together. He’s a playmaker with an average arm but great feet. He’s exactly where he needs to be for what we have to work with. Like Sheriffs, greatly under appreciated for what he gets done.

Reaction Score
I thought Washington might be ready to play next year after that bomb against Cuse, but then his youth surfaced quickly. His inability to get his act together regarding academics is also reason for concern.

That said, I would rather play Washington or Krajewski than bring in another Juco. Our success with Juco’s has been mixed and our current backups are more talented than we’ve had most years. I’d like to see one of them get 3-4 years as our leader and watch him grow rather than only have a mature, settled in QB one year at a time before he’s gone. Of course, if he’s a really good Juco, then whatever.

Reaction Score
I mean whoever posted the original post in this thread was probably just trying to make some conversation and throw out some theoretical points guys, sheesh. That being said, the OP probably now thinks you have to roll with Pindell till the end lol.

Reaction Score
I thought Washington might be ready to play next year after that bomb against Cuse, but then his youth surfaced quickly. His inability to get his act together regarding academics is also reason for concern.

That said, I would rather play Washington or Krajewski than bring in another Juco. Our success with Juco’s has been mixed and our current backups are more talented than we’ve had most years. I’d like to see one of them get 3-4 years as our leader and watch him grow rather than only have a mature, settled in QB one year at a time before he’s gone. Of course, if he’s a really good Juco, then whatever.

Since Dan Orlovsky, name our best QB who didn't come in as a transfer (whether from JUCO or another NCAA school).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Zach Frazier-ND Transfer
Tyler Lorenzen- JUCO
Bryant Sheriffs- NC St transfer
David Pindell- JUCO transfer
Even Chandler Whitmer- JUCO transfer

Casey was going to be a great qb but we all know how that turned out. The rest of our good QBs: Nebrich, Lagow, Boyle transfered the other way!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pindell IS the team. Kid is an athlete.

Also

Despite being a short timer he has become one of my favs. Even if they are losing by 30, he gives everything. He has led our younger kids by example and the program has benefited from his presence.

Wish him luck.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I can't believe that we are at this again. I can't believe that after the USF game, there are still folks out there that insist we bench our best player for a freshman to get drubbed.

I sometimes wonder why we've been cursed for the better part of a decade, and then I see comments like the ones in this thread and I finally understand the reason... :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom