David Pindell | The Boneyard

David Pindell

Reaction Score
So there's a good chance this may have been discussed but, after mumbling it to friends a few times and then seeing the run at Syracuse, Pindell is by far the fastest player on the team and is electric with the ball in his hands. Do you guys think it's possible if we lose the next two games that Edsall/Dunn move him to a scat back or slot receiver and slide MW or Krajewski in under center? To me it makes sense to get the next QB ready and possibly even maximize Pindell's speed and maybe even get him a NFL practice squad tryout (assuming he has decent hands).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Only if Pindell asked to do it and only if Krajewski was really lighting up practice at a god like level and only if Pindell was able to demonstrate real WR chops after one practice at the position. Need all three of those to line up perfectly.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t do it. It’s HS level stuff, but on a bad team you want the ball in your best players hands as much as possible. QB is the best spot for that. These next 4 games should focus on getting Washington a couple of series a game, with the last 4 possibly getting Krewjewski some snaps as well.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t do it. It’s HS level stuff, but on a bad team you want the ball in your best players hands as much as possible. QB is the best spot for that. These next 4 games should focus on getting Washington a couple of series a game, with the last 4 possibly getting Krewjewski some snaps as well.
If Krew plays he loses his red shirt no?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So there's a good chance this may have been discussed but, after mumbling it to friends a few times and then seeing the run at Syracuse, Pindell is by far the fastest player on the team and is electric with the ball in his hands. Do you guys think it's possible if we lose the next two games that Edsall/Dunn move him to a scat back or slot receiver and slide MW or Krajewski in under center? To me it makes sense to get the next QB ready and possibly even maximize Pindell's speed and maybe even get him a NFL practice squad tryout (assuming he has decent hands).

Why not? This year is a train wreck and while Pindell may be able to keep it respectable, at this point we need to get more reps for the other qbs. It would be nice to start next year with qbs who had some experience. Obviously I wouldn’t do it until the last 4 games.

But...can Pindell learn a new position mid season? Would RE do something like this? The answer is “probably no”, but it’s not a bad thought.

If Pindell wants to get a sniff of the NFL, this would help his resume.

Reaction Score
I get the reason not to, just not sure what good having Pindell being our leading rusher at QB does if there's an opportunity to get him the same amount of touches while developing and getting snaps for our freshman QBs. It's not like we have an experienced QB coming up next on the depth chart that will slide in, we have very inexperienced hands at QB after QB1.

Reaction Score
Why not? This year is a train wreck and while Pindell may be able to keep it respectable, at this point we need to get more reps for the other qbs. It would be nice to start next year with qbs who had some experience. Obviously I wouldn’t do it until the last 4 games.

But...can Pindell learn a new position mid season? Would RE do something like this? The answer is “probably no”, but it’s not a bad thought.

If Pindell wants to get a sniff of the NFL, this would help his resume.
You also don't want to completely give up on the team over your most winnable stretch. The only way they should play anyone else at QB is if they truly believe someone else gives us the best chance to win.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
QBs who transition to another position for the NFL generally wait until after they play their last college game to shift, no?

Reaction Score
I mean lots of QBs become WRs as they enter the NFL. You don’t need to play him at another position to offer proof of his potential. You Pindell touching the ball ever down.

Reaction Score
He is the leader of this team - and has earned the right to play every down in which he is healthy. That being said, I would love to see some two qb sets - lateral pass/trick play options.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Because Pindell is the glue that is holding this team together. The change would be a train wreck of Diacian proportions.
I guess there is something to be said for building up confidence for the rest of the team....and Pindell is the best choice at qb. I just don’t want to start 2019 with qbs who don’t have game action.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? This is Pindell's team and if were getting blown out in the 4th quarter Washington can get reps, he isnt ready yet. Pindell is a team captain and is help changing the culture on this team, and I do believe Pindell could get an NFL training camp invite as a qb.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess there is something to be said for building up confidence for the rest of the team....and Pindell is the best choice at qb. I just don’t want to start 2019 with qbs who don’t have game action.
Don't mind getting him some snaps but I think it would be a mistake to give him the starting job.

Reaction Score
You also don't want to completely give up on the team over your most winnable stretch. The only way they should play anyone else at QB is if they truly believe someone else gives us the best chance to win.

So maybe not if we go 0-2 in the next couple of weeks but 0-4? Why not let the hot hand out of Washington/Krajewski play the last four, and keep Pindell on the field wherever we can get him? I fail to see the downside of this scenario, giving freshman QB's experience against competition that isn't gonna blow their doors off, Pindell gets to showcase his athleticism. The exception being if Pindell is very opposed to this, or if the staff genuinely thinks he could get a sniff at a NFL camp as QB.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He is the leader of this team - and has earned the right to play every down in which he is healthy. That being said, I would love to see some two qb sets - lateral pass/trick play options.
Dixon and Davis were both pretty good HS QBs.

Reaction Score
So maybe not if we go 0-2 in the next couple of weeks but 0-4? Why not let the hot hand out of Washington/Krajewski play the last four, and keep Pindell on the field wherever we can get him? I fail to see the downside of this scenario, giving freshman QB's experience against competition that isn't gonna blow their doors off, Pindell gets to showcase his athleticism. The exception being if Pindell is very opposed to this, or if the staff genuinely thinks he could get a sniff at a NFL camp as QB.

How about giving the team the best chance to win every game this year. HCRE2.0 played 2017 defense to get Crocker's system in for 2018, how did that work? Sure Summers and the rest of the seniors really appreciated preparing for 2018 and beyond in their 2017 senior year.

Randy couldn't find Marcus Easley for 4.5 years, Saben had to be down in championship game to play the best QB, the ODU coach didn't start the QB that ran his team over VT so if you are saying HCRE2.0 isn't a good enough judge of talent to pick the right QB so try the other guys ok., if not, play Pindell to try and win every game.

So if Pindell is a little or moderately opposed to switching he should just take the hit and suck it up, but if he is very opposed then don't do it. Sure that would help team building.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom