Crocker | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Crocker

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm almost certain that Chief's comments about Crocker are personal. He probably tried to show up one day and talk to Crocker and Crocker told him to piss off

Can't say it's the first time we've seen it happen.

Reaction Score
VT and FSU will open in conference...Monday night

FSU opened with Pitt in 2013..opened with Miami in 2009...Clemsom in 2007
Yeah, that's the way to do it. Put a marquee matchup out there. Doing last night's game was a major fail by the league. Shoulda been UCF vs. Houston or Memphis, or Navy if you like. Or the battle of Florida.

No quicker way to drive UConn out of the league then hammering them some more. Piling on. Big East here we come, Aresco. FB at UConn just didn't make it. Not asking for favors, just a level field. This game was selected so that UCF could look great on national TV. Well, guess what, if UConn can gain 400 yards on them, they are not great. Now everybody knows.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
No doubt wins fill seats. Short of winning, having a competitive program capable of entertaining is a stepping stone to winning.

I’m also in the camp that says the conference is a problem for attendance because there are no natural rivals. Every game feels like it’s OOC. Winning would help to overcome that to a degree. But there was more intensity to YanCon rivalries and even Yale than there is to this geographic misfit.
I agree with this. conference affiliation defintely contributes to lack of attendance. however, it is not the reason we are where we are.

Reaction Score
So he has nothing to do with the defense, which was consistently not lined up right when the ball was snapped, despite his title being Defensive Coordinator.

I said he has nothing to do with the defense? Exactly where did I say that?

I should leave it at that if you're going to make up things I said, but if you think that our problem yesterday was scheme and not talent on that side of the ball you know less about football than your detractors clam you know about basketball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh just stop. We slowed it down a bit to give us a minimal chance. Every time they touched the ball it was 7. Plus we have a qb who doesn’t throw long effectively. And we ran a lot of plays. Our defense couldn’t stop molasses flowing up hill into the wind. So the game plan should have been to try to give UCF more chances. Right:rolleyes:

Free in your opinion has RE limited what Crocker would like to do defensively?
I don’t has a problem with the offense. I think given the defensive situation he has to eat clock. While it’s easy to kill Crocker right now this defense is in no way reflective of what he ran at Nova.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We blitzed. I think some of their bigger gains came off blitzes. Their first td reception Terry came off the edge took a bad inside angle and the qb side stepped him rolled to the outside and threw the ball. It was a very bad opponent for opening game. Need to schedule URI types to correct mistakes made in the opener while still getting a W.

One blitz I specifically remember, we had 3 LBers up on the line showing blitz. It looked like Milton called an audible, 2 of the 3 LBers blitzed, Milton handed it off inside and the RB gained like 12 yards.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I agree, I have been in business many years and if people are competent or incompetent it presents early and just further goes in that direction. It doesn’t get better, when it’s incompetent. In those situations put the ego aside, move out of the denial mode and make the change as quickly as possible. Anything else is a mistake, in my opinion. I think it will happen this season - it’s just a matter of time. I know many Casual Fans will deem this heartless - but it’s survival and practical.
You are the type of manager that sets people up to fail and never admits wrong. A full of shlit narcissist who sadly fluffs his ego on an internet message board. Pathetic.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I agree, I have been in business many years and if people are competent or incompetent it presents early and just further goes in that direction. It doesn’t get better, when it’s incompetent. In those situations put the ego aside, move out of the denial mode and make the change as quickly as possible. Anything else is a mistake, in my opinion. I think it will happen this season - it’s just a matter of time. I know many Casual Fans will deem this heartless - but it’s survival and practical.

I agree that it's trending in that direction, but I'm afraid Edsall won't pull that trigger unless Benedict or somebody higher up does it for him. He won't want to admit he may have made a mistake in his choice for DC.

Reaction Score

Corollary: If someone has put in a position to fail, they will often fail.

Reaction Score
The claim was Crocker is responsible for the true freshmen, because he put them on the field. The point is it is not his fault that he inherited no upperclassmen corners who are better than true freshman. All he can do is the best he can with what he inherited until folks he brings in are ready. That fact that, even not ready, the true frosh are better than any Diaco recruits is not a negative on Crocker.

Clear enough?
I agree, but a good coordinator would also run schemes that fit the strengths and limit the weaknesses of the talent. He inherited player that were meant to play the 3-4 lacking speed and agility, yet he insisted on running a scheme which highlighted our weaknesses instead of our strengths. The scheme requires quick, mobile athletes yet we had large smash mouth type of players.

Reaction Score
I agree, but a good coordinator would also run schemes that fit the steegths and weeknesses of the talent. He inherited player that were meant to play the 4-3 lacking speed and agility, yet he insisted on running a scheme which highlighted our weaknesses instead of our strengths. The scheme requires quick, mobile athletes yet we had large smash mouth type of players.

Those players were recruited for a 3-4.

C

Chief00

I'm almost certain that Chief's comments about Crocker are personal. He probably tried to show up one day and talk to Crocker and Crocker told him to piss off
Per your “theory”, maybe Crocker should check with Glen Miller and see how that worked out for him? Welcome to D-3 Mr Crocker!

C

Chief00

Buss - 7/113
McLean - 5/42
Scott - 5/40
Mayala - 3/31
Davis 2/18

Come again? What more did Coach Chief want Buss to do?

Don’t drop a key pass and another time don’t self ankle break himself to the ground untouched.

Reaction Score
I was thoroughly expecting us to wipe the floor with them especially with that scrub Milton starting for them. I must say that I was sadly disappointed. Crocker must go!!!!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Don’t drop a key pass and another time don’t self ankle break himself to the ground untouched.

You know nothing about the sport of football, and you embarrass yourself beyond belief every time you venture over to this board.

C

Chief00

The fumble was bad but really didn’t matter. Other than that he was the best player not named Pindell on the field for UConn.
What about the time he effectively tackled himself? Don’t get me wrong, I love his hard work, dedication and effort. Not our usual problem the last few years - sometimes Chief thinks Buss almost tries to hard and needs to get comfortable out there. But, Chief gets it - that’s not how he’s gotten as far as he’s gotten. But at different stages sometimes you need to adjust tactics some to continue progress but keep core traits.

C

Chief00

We suck at corner because Diaco never recruited a competent corner. It's way too early to know that Edsall/Crocker have or have not.

I agree with UConnNick, you can’t continue to blame Diaco in Crocker’s year 2 for guys being out of position and not prepared to even start a play. He’s had time to install his system and if his system was successful and stable the freshmen could learn it much better. As for talent - I get coaching up freshmen - but part of good recruiting is getting guys you can coach up. UConnNick was also correct, your argument assumptions about why certain guys redshirted was a false one because the guy we had on the field was a good , experienced player. That doesn’t mean some of those guys wouldn’t have helped us Thursday night if they were freshmen again.
As far as your poorly informed comments about my basketball knowledge and long series of successful predictions. True, there is a group of posters who lack understanding of the game, who are jealous of others and frankly don’t have access to certain information or insights and if they did - don’t have the ability to process it. So if you want to put both feet in that sorry camp - so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

You are the type of manager that sets people up to fail and never admits wrong. A full of shlit narcissist who sadly fluffs his ego on an internet message board. Pathetic.
Sounds like, in your mind, you have been setup for failure a lot. While you may go through life believing that others are constantly staying up at night engineering your next failure, Chief suggests you start taking ownership of your own future and accountability for results. You will be much happier and feel you have more control over outcomes.
Chief will be rooting for you and a couple other posters who seem to have similar issues.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What about the time he effectively tackled himself? Don’t get me wrong, I love his hard work, dedication and effort. Not our usual problem the last few years - sometimes Chief thinks Buss almost tries to hard and needs to get comfortable out there. But, Chief gets it - that’s not how he’s gotten as far as he’s gotten. But at different stages sometimes you need to adjust tactics some to continue progress but keep core traits.

Seems like the least of the problems in a 56-17 game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom