Crocker | The Boneyard

Crocker

Reaction Score
The D will get better. They'll be a force in a few years. Pindell and the offense played well.

UCF may very well go undefeated again this year. Looking forward to seeing us vs the mid-tier AAC teams. That will give us a more realistic picture of how competitive we'll be.

Reaction Score
Interesting that we spent at least half the time in a 4-3-4 rather than the 2-5-4 or whatever it is that we palyed last year. Little pressure at best on the QB & receivers running free to open spaces - not a good mix. Next week doesn't get any easier.....

Reaction Score
Pindell looked pretty good. Very quick feet and fairly confident compared to last year. Defense is young. Nothing can be done there but get experienced. Crocker has to do with what he has. If you didn’t think UCF was going to paste our pants, then you were delusional. Looking forward to the balance of the American teams. I see promise.

Reaction Score
Interesting that we spent at least half the time in a 4-3-4 rather than the 2-5-4 or whatever it is that we palyed last year. Little pressure at best on the QB & receivers running free to open spaces - not a good mix. Next week doesn't get any easier.....

Pressure is ineffective because of undersized personnel. They were stuffed everytime they brought pressure. The D line was the only aspect of the D that was half way credible at least on the interior run.

Crocker waited way too long to pull Paul or make adjustments. A dolt could see they were keying on him from the get go. Crocker is a way over his head.

Reaction Score
We got beat every which way and was completely overmatched. Not a single positive defensively. Thing is Edsall has a track record of recognizing good coaching. I think you have faith that its youth and personell, not the coaching.

Reaction Score
You know how many freshmen we have going up against a talented UCF team right?
Here is my thing. Too many times the CBs were looking to the safeties for instructions as the ball was snapped. UCF snapped the ball multiple times before we were set. Multiple times two defenders took one man leaving an outlet guy wide open. Some of that is skill, some of that is youth, but a lot of it looks like a lack of preperation.

I get that we are outmatched, but guys not lined up as the ball is snapped, multiple times in a game, is coaching.

C

Chief00

Here is my thing. Too many times the CBs were looking to the safeties for instructions as the ball was snapped. UCF snapped the ball multiple times before we were set. Multiple times two defenders took one man leaving an outlet guy wide open. Some of that is skill, some of that is youth, but a lot of it looks like a lack of preperation.

I get that we are outmatched, but guys not lined up as the ball is snapped, multiple times in a game, is coaching.

I noticed that too. Very poor preparation on D.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Yeah, I’ve never once sensed that our secondary had any clue how our scheme works. Either it’s insanely complicated or they have their own issues, not sure

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’ve never once sensed that our secondary had any clue how our scheme works. Either it’s insanely complicated or they have their own issues, not sure
UCF clearly tries to confuse you, with their uptempo, but our corners were lost before the snap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom