Crocker | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Crocker

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was mentioned, just jumping in now, but besides the points they will give up, the worst part of this is how few (if any) turnovers we will create this season; and as everyone knows, turnover ratios are one of the primary indicators/predictors of team performance

Reaction Score
Granted, but we're going to get pounded at Boise and we will lose at Syracuse. The URI game will be a must win or we could easily be looking at a 1 or 2 win season. At 1-3 going into the Cincy game, that's the one that will tell the tale. They're beatable, but our historical record against them is horrific. Win that one in Week 5 and at 2-3 we have a decent shot at exceeding last season's W total.
If we can't beat URI....

URI has trouble with Brown.

Reaction Score
Since when was any school forced into a conference game in its opener? Never happened before has it?
Never? Don't know, yet would not be surprised in the American. And, it's not as if TV hasn't changed old ways even with older, more established conferences this or in prior years. Yesterday's example alone: Northwestern 31 Purdue 27 on ESPN.

C

Chief00

And he's right. But if our strategy is to just expect that we're going to have more coaches who are Jim Calhoun, it's an extremely low percentage strategy.

Just Chief’s opinion - Crocker is not up to the job. The defense looked not just overmatched but very unprepared yesterday, such as not lining up right, covering one guy double but leaving the other guy open.
He never really seems to take responsibility For example, the charting of yards after the initial contact last season was Crocker basically saying - gee nothing to see here - I put the players in position to succeed but they missed tackles.
Then this players playing scared thing. How about coaches coaching scared? Chief says! He was the guy who design the 15 yard cushions and the 3 man “rush”.

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Whose fault is it? Crocker is part of a staff that just finished its first full recruiting cycle. You think it's his?

A lot of the former Bobby Diwhacko recruits are either already gone or have become marginalized. If Crocker is intent on starting five or six true freshmen on D, then he gets to own the results because those are his recruits, from his first full recruiting cycle, as you put it.

Reaction Score
What’s the worst that can happen if they actually try running the system he had at Villanova?
Do they thing the opposing team will score on every possession?
THATS ALREADY HAPPENING!!!!

Let the guy do what he was brought in here to do?

I fear Randy is going reverting to boring Randy again.
ADD brought in Lashlee to spice it up and Randy is slowly going back to Randy ball.
Oh just stop. We slowed it down a bit to give us a minimal chance. Every time they touched the ball it was 7. Plus we have a qb who doesn’t throw long effectively. And we ran a lot of plays. Our defense couldn’t stop molasses flowing up hill into the wind. So the game plan should have been to try to give UCF more chances. Right:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
A lot of the former Bobby Diwhacko recruits are either already gone or have become marginalized. If Crocker is intent on starting five or six true freshmen on D, then he gets to own the results because those are his recruits, from his first full recruiting cycle, as you put it.

So it's his fault that he couldn't recruit people in who could do the job as corners as true frosh? When none of Darius Butler, Ty Branch, Blidi Wreh-Wilson or Dwayne Gratz was able to help the team as a true frosh enough to take the redshirt off? Do you even care how ridiculous you sound? or is it enough that you are angry so someone has to be blamed?

We suck at corner because Diaco never recruited a competent corner. It's way too early to know that Edsall/Crocker have or have not.

Reaction Score
Never? Don't know, yet would not be surprised in the American. And, it's not as if TV hasn't changed old ways even with older, more established conferences this or in prior years. Yesterday's example alone: Northwestern 31 Purdue 27 on ESPN.
Yeah, guess I was wrong.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So it's his fault that he couldn't recruit people in who could do the job as corners as true frosh? When none of Darius Butler, Ty Branch, Blidi Wreh-Wilson or Dwayne Gratz was able to help the team as a true frosh enough to take the redshirt off? Do you even care how ridiculous you sound? or is it enough that you are angry so someone has to be blamed?

We suck at corner because Diaco never recruited a competent corner. It's way too early to know that Edsall/Crocker have or have not.

Comparing the present situation to when Butler, et al. redshirted as freshmen is nonsense. There were apparently better, more talented players ahead of them, a luxury that doesn't presently exist.

I'm not angry, just sick and tired of watching Crocker's D constantly befuddled, out of position to make plays and looking totally unprepared on the field. That's coaching, and if he wants to play true freshmen, he needs to own the results. Those are his recruits.

We were going to get clocked by a team as talented as UCF no matter what, but our offense proved once again it's not talented enough to spot even lesser opponents than UCF 40+ points and win shootouts. Maybe Crocker gets something figured out along the way this season or maybe not. If not, it's another three win or less season.

Reaction Score
Comparing the present situation to when Butler, et al. redshirted as freshmen is nonsense. There were apparently better, more talented players ahead of them, a luxury that doesn't presently exist.

I'm not angry, just sick and tired of watching Crocker's D constantly befuddled, out of position to make plays and looking totally unprepared on the field. That's coaching, and if he wants to play true freshmen, he needs to own the results. Those are his recruits.

We were going to get clocked by a team as talented as UCF no matter what, but our offense proved once again it's not talented enough to spot even lesser opponents than UCF 40+ points and win shootouts. Maybe Crocker gets something figured out along the way this season or maybe not. If not, it's another three win or less season.

He has no one else competent to play. Your position is as stupid as saying if you chose to be born with a lower than average IQ, you should own it.

Reaction Score

VT and FSU will open in conference...Monday night

FSU opened with Pitt in 2013..opened with Miami in 2009...Clemsom in 2007

Reaction Score
I honestly think we need to be more aggressive as a defensive unit and put more pressure on the quarterback. He had like more than four seconds to throw the ball. Poor preparation on defense. Plus I’m not too thrilled about Pindell. I can see change coming and that will be good. We will build as a team, but we need more experience and speed

My view on Pindell is that he acted confident, poised, decisive, extremely quick, with excellent escapability and a noticable burst when he spotted an opening. Decision making most times was very good. His short and medium passing game was on the money. Only issue was with his long passing game and not being able to stretch the D. Best player on the UConn side of the field last night.

C

Chief00

Agreed. Crocker NEVER takes responsibility . He’s not a good D1 OC. Randy better make that change quickly or else he will be that change.

Reaction Score
My view on Pindell is that he acted confident, poised, decisive, extremely quick, with excellent escapability and a noticable burst when he spotted an opening. Decision making most times was very good. His short and medium passing game was on the money. Only issue was with his long passing game and not being able to stretch the D. Best player on the UConn side of the field last night.
We should run the option with him if he likes to scramble so much. Why not

C

Chief00

I agree, I have been in business many years and if people are competent or incompetent it presents early and just further goes in that direction. It doesn’t get better, when it’s incompetent. In those situations put the ego aside, move out of the denial mode and make the change as quickly as possible. Anything else is a mistake, in my opinion. I think it will happen this season - it’s just a matter of time. I know many Casual Fans will deem this heartless - but it’s survival and practical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
You lose me, please explain what this mean.

The claim was Crocker is responsible for the true freshmen, because he put them on the field. The point is it is not his fault that he inherited no upperclassmen corners who are better than true freshman. All he can do is the best he can with what he inherited until folks he brings in are ready. That fact that, even not ready, the true frosh are better than any Diaco recruits is not a negative on Crocker.

Clear enough?

C

Chief00

The claim was Crocker is responsible for the true freshmen, because he put them on the field. The point is it is not his fault that he inherited no upperclassmen corners who are better than true freshman. All he can do is the best he can with what he inherited until folks he brings in are ready. That fact that, even not ready, the true frosh are better than any Diaco recruits is not a negative on Crocker.

Clear enough?

So he has nothing to do with the defense, which was consistently not lined up right when the ball was snapped, despite his title being Defensive Coordinator.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom