Coordinator Prediction Thread (HCRE) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coordinator Prediction Thread (HCRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Wonder if HCRE will use this as a way to convince DJ Hernandez to get back into football coaching?

^^^^^^^^^^^
1,000 percent.

I hope he reaches out to him. What's happened to DJ is a terrible shame. He never was close to our best QB, but he was a true warrior, decent H-back type receiver, and tremendous leader.

Reaction Score
The initial OC posting closed on 11:59 PM eastern on December 26, 2016. The new job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on January 4, 2017.

OC and DC jobs remove on 1/4. Just in time to hire them and send them out on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
Dan O
Dan O would be a great coach. Maybe when the Lions season is over (this Sunday after Aaron Rodgers beat them) or after the playoffs (I want to see the Lions in the playoffs), maybe DanO can join RE's staff...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Ok, now that we've all come to grips that Randy Friggin' Edsall is coming back to lead our boys back into glory, who do we think he'll bring in as OC? Wondering who we could potentially target given money and given our issues right now (conference, geography, instability, recruiting problems, post-Diaco stuff...) I know FAU (Lane Kiffin's new gig) just hired Art Briles kid- Kendal Briles who was OC at Baylor. Kinda crazy, would love to see Randy bring in a higher profile up and coming OC who will develop these kids and take shots down the field. Here's a few options I came up with...

• Donnie Kirkpatrick- James Madison OC (FCS)
  • Tim Polask- North Dakota State OC (FCS)
  • Kirk Ciarrocca- Western Michigan OC
  • Frank Ponce (or) Shawn Clark- App. State Co-OC's
  • Kenny Endenfield- Troy OC
  • Tyson Helton- Western Kentucky OC
  • Brian Wright- Toledo OC
  • Frank Scelfo- Louisiana Tech OC

Other guys in Edsall's past...

• Gary Crowton- Stephen F. Austin OC (FCS)- was on Maryland staff under Edsall (2011)
  • Mike Locksley- Alabama Offensive Analyst- was on Maryland staff under Edsall as OC (2012-2015)

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Here's my OC options to ponder...
  • Donnie Kirkpatrick- James Madison OC (FCS)
  • Tim Polask- North Dakota State OC (FCS)
  • Kirk Ciarrocca- Western Michigan OC
  • Frank Ponce (or) Shawn Clark- App. State Co-OC's
  • Kenny Endenfield- Troy OC
  • Tyson Helton- Western Kentucky OC
  • Brian Wright- Toledo OC
  • Frank Scelfo- Louisiana Tech OC

Other guys in Edsall's past...
  • Gary Crowton- Stephen F. Austin OC (FCS)- was on Maryland staff under Edsall (2011)
  • Mike Locksley- Alabama Offensive Analyst- was on Maryland staff under Edsall as OC (2012-2015)

Reaction Score
Not sure why this thread is different then the other guess the coordinator/staff threads but...

Scelfo is not @ LaTech. he's @ UTSA. Todd Fitch is the OC @ LaTech.
Helton is @ USCw

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Tim Polask from ND St. Without even looking him up, I know his team can score a lot and if he can recruit talent to North Dakota I'm guessing he can sell ice to an Eskimo.
And he's the sort of guy who you know we can afford too... This would be a big move up for someone like him.

Reaction Score
And he's the sort of guy who you know we can afford too... This would be a big move up for someone like him.

But CT would be a culture shock to someone who lived in ND. Cost of living is lower in ND along with lower taxes. ND is booming, too...(Now, that said I think if he came, BS might be Jamis Winston for us. (Just as long as he didn't steal crab legs from Big Y) :)

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Not sure why this thread is different then the other guess the coordinator/staff threads but...

Scelfo is not @ LaTech. he's @ UTSA. Todd Fitch is the OC @ LaTech.
Helton is @ USCw
I stand corrected then. Todd Fitch (LA Tech) & Tony Levine (Western Kentucky- also frm. Houston HC)

Reaction Score
You know Ron Prince is on staff with the Lions as is Al Golden. No idea what they make there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You know Ron Prince is on staff with the Lions as is Al Golden. No idea what they make there.

I knew that I read it on Twitter!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not getting my hopes that high, but if he pulls something like that off, whoa nellie.

Maybe he and Locksley learned to love each other.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
A couple of potential names:

Lee Hull on offense

Tim Cary on defense

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lutrus and Orlovsky have been on social media saying Wholley should be brought back in some capacity. Apparently he is a guy that his players loved to play for.

Wholley would actually be a guy that Orlovsky loved to play with.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe Orlovsky would retire to be a QB coach for Edsall but if he can squeeze out another summer in the sun why would he?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The initial OC posting closed on 11:59 PM eastern on December 26, 2016. The new job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on January 4, 2017.

Can I get the link? Asking for a friend.. @TouchdownHusky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman