Coordinator Prediction Thread (HCRE) | The Boneyard

Coordinator Prediction Thread (HCRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Al Golden is on the Lions staff, could see him as DC. I trust Edsall for DC hire regardless but the OC hire is critical.

I would love Mark Helfrich but that's a bit optimistic. I am assuming Benedict has SEC ties and Edsall has his old coaching tree ties.

Thoughts on OC and DC?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have a feeling we could see Foley back and possibly even Hughes. I saw Wholley's name floating around the Boneyard as well via Orlovsky tweet I think, which could be a possibility.

A big question will be recruiting and recruiting coordinator, which will be crucial to our comeback...

Reaction Score
We won't be getting big name coordinators due to what we pay assistant coaches. doesn't mean we can't get solid ones though.

Reaction Score
I pray Wholley is back at the very least...

Hope we can get some guys for OC and DC that actually did the job before and had success at the FBS level or NFL level at some point in their careers... or a hot FCS OC/DC coach that's been lights out in recent years.

Reaction Score
I expect we wll see a lot of familiar names. I'm not worried about DC -- If it's Hank Hughes that doesn't excite me but it's fine.

We do need a top notch OC, and I don't know that there is one in the UConn family tree. And I'd love a Locksley or some other recruiter who is looser with the rules than Edsall's staff here was.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling we could see Foley back and possibly even Hughes. I saw Wholley's name floating around the Boneyard as well via Orlovsky tweet I think, which could be a possibility.

A big question will be recruiting and recruiting coordinator, which will be crucial to our comeback...

Agree...

Reaction Score
And I'd love a recruiter who is looser with the rules than Edsall's staff here was.

That was one of the main reasons Edsall left. He couldn't get Hathaway to back him on having admissions loosen up on acceptance criteria for a few key recruits. I think he'll not only respect DB but appreciate how a professional AD with some guts--and the ear of Susan Herbst--operates. I believe DB will be very proactive and supportive of Edsall. He needs his first hire to be a success. Having lots of performance incentives built into the K and a $0 buyout after 3 years, opens up a lot of possibilities going forward.

Reaction Score

Lutrus and Orlovsky have been on social media saying Wholley should be brought back in some capacity. Apparently he is a guy that his players loved to play for.

Reaction Score
OC should be Steve Logan. He would be a good pairing with Edsall.

DC - Give me someone the gels with the prior Edsall D philosophy.

Reaction Score
We won't be getting big name coordinators due to what we pay assistant coaches. doesn't mean we can't get solid ones though.

Considering RE is only getting paid 1 million per year that should allow for good coordinator hires. What he is getting paid and the no buy out after 3 years is the only thing I like about this hire right now.

We should be able to throw some money around for good coaches.
Maybe Burton will make sure of it as it will be a bit of a donor legacy issue for him

Reaction Score
The OC Position posting was good thru Jan 4 I think. Is that now scrapped and a new "search" listing going up or will the deadline still apply for RE's new hire?

Recruiting Solutions Sign-in

The initial OC posting closed on 11:59 PM eastern on December 26, 2016. The new job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on January 4, 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom