Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The football game matters in a way of trying to give him the best possible experience while on campus for a visit.

Watching a team get their butts kicked in an empty stadium does not help have the best visit experience possible. Especially when the team that did the butt kicking is the favorites.

Weird time to visit and I hope we get him back during hoop season.

Reaction Score
The football game matters in a way of trying to give him the best possible experience while on campus for a visit.

Watching a team get their butts kicked in an empty stadium does not help have the best visit experience possible. Especially when the team that did the butt kicking is the favorites.

Weird time to visit and I hope we get him back during hoop season.

Good thing our football games are off campus then

Reaction Score
I really just don’t see why we didn’t avoid having that happen. It really is an embarrassment. I would have preferred a shopping trip to the Brass Mill Mall over this. Could have showed him where the 99 team set up to sign autographs before Filenes went under. Then an all you can carry NIL trip to the 99 cent store
If you don’t laugh you cry, perfectly captured by one post, and boy did I bust a gut reading this bravo

Reaction Score
I refuse to believe that some of you are this miserable and dumb.

You think anyone was there to watch the game, that they posted up in the stands and took in a couple hours of your embarrassing football team? The people running this team aren’t stupid and neither is Cooper.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Just for fun does anyone know how many 5 stars Duke has on their roster this year and how many so far for next year?
2022 class (still at Duke):
3 five stars: Kyle Filipkowski (PF/C), Mark Mitchell (SF), Tyrese Proctor (PG)
1 four star: Jaden Schutt (SG)
1 three star: C. Reeves (C)

2023 class (Still at Duke, 5 star Mgbako left for IU) :
2 five stars: Jared McCain (SG) and TJ Power (PF)
2 four stars: Sean Stewart (PF) and Caleb Foster (PG)

2024 class:
2 five stars: I. Evans (SF), K Knueppel (SF)
1 four star: D. Harris (SF)

Other five stars still on roster (Roach). Not sure if I missed any others amongst their transfers.

I imagine the three from 2022 will be gone after this year. People love Proctor's upside, Filpowski has less upside but has a pretty solid overall game. From what I've seen people also like Mitchell's potential, but I haven't seen anything extremely exciting from him, but Duke is recruiting like he is gone.

caw

Reaction Score
Before you ask UConn has had two five stars in Hurley's tenure:

Akok Akok (2019, injuries ruined his promising start)
Stephon Castle (2023)

So Scheyer has had 5, 2, and at least 2 in three recruiting years, with one de-committing, for a total of 9 (10).

For fun, for UConn to match the same number of five stars Scheyer has signed/had commit in three classes (as of September 24, 2023) you have to go back 20 classes:

Hurley has had two, as mentioned.
Ollie had Jalen Adams (2015) and Daniel Hamilton (2014) as five star freshmen.
Calhoun had Andre Drummond (2012), DeAndre Daniels (2011), Kemba Walker (2008), Rudy Gay (2004), Charlie Villanueva (2003)

Technically Scheyer had one more signed with Mgbako but that evens out with Bynum (2005) as neither played for Duke or UConn respectively.

I don't think I missed any.

Reaction Score
This thread is insane. I thought I already commented on it but I guess I didn't. Duke smoked us in football...we blow in football. Cooper Flagg isn't going to UConn or Duke to play football.

He hung out with Donovan, if you haven't noticed Donovan grew up a Michigan fan, his experience at UConn has been unbelievable for him. Cooper hung out with the rest of the guys and with the Hurleys. Flagg grew up a Duke fan from everything we've heard...

What we can sell him on is winning his one year in college and we can sell him on family. We've proven we're the best at winning and kids really seem to like Dan Hurley and Andrea.

He'll be a huge story whether he goes to Duke (always been the favorites), UConn, or Kansas.

We do winning in basketball better than the other two and I think we do family as well as anyone. What won't matter in his decision is how bad our football team is. He doesn't play football.

Reaction Score
Before you ask UConn has had two five stars in Hurley's tenure:

Akok Akok (2019, injuries ruined his promising start)
Stephon Castle (2023)

So Scheyer has had 5, 2, and at least 2 in three recruiting years, with one de-committing, for a total of 9 (10).

For fun, for UConn to match the same number of five stars Scheyer has signed/had commit in three classes (as of September 24, 2023) you have to go back 20 classes:

Hurley has had two, as mentioned.
Ollie had Jalen Adams (2015) and Daniel Hamilton (2014) as five star freshmen.
Calhoun had Andre Drummond (2012), DeAndre Daniels (2011), Kemba Walker (2008), Rudy Gay (2004), Charlie Villanueva (2003)

Technically Scheyer had one more signed with Mgbako but that evens out with Bynum (2005) as neither played for Duke or UConn respectively.

I don't think I missed any.

Donyell was a 5 star I am sure.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Are there any official visits that don't "go well"?

It's all going to be about what Hurley tells him about how he'll use him, how he'll get him ready for the NBA, etc. Also, how he feels about the other guys on the team. I highly doubt the football game will have any bearing on his decision.
Doron Lamb’s official visit…

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not for Hurley.

The family element is our selling point here. How he meshes with the guys, the staff and the culture of the school. None of the rest of it is advantage to any of these three schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I refuse to believe that some of you are this miserable and dumb.
Some people are never quite so happy as when they are miserable. It's best just to ignore them.

Reaction Score
Not for Hurley.

The family element is our selling point here. How he meshes with the guys, the staff and the culture of the school. None of the rest of it is advantage to any of these three schools.

My point wasn’t Hurley read the thread I replied to he listed JCs recruits as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that he is making his decision based on which school has the better mascot.

IMG_0267.jpeg

Stressed Oh No GIF by Laff

Reaction Score
Waiting for the photos of him wearing the jersey holding the lastest title trophy to come out……those pictures usually taken on Sunday?

caw

Reaction Score

Yep, but didn't go back that far because I only went back to match the same number of 5 star recruits Scheyer has had. Donyell was obviously before that. Rip was a five star also. Caron probably should count as one too.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the weather wasn’t a problem. He is from Maine after all.

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak