Congratulations | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
That's a good point, but they ought to be used to it by now - we average 15,000 a game.
True- but I bet it was different playing us, and worrying about letting your great fan base down. Certainly can't prove it.
Can u tell me if there was any fan reaction at all when Geno entered the arena? Met Dawn at center court prior to game? Was introduced during player coach introductions? Can you be specific- I'd appreciate it! :)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
True- but I bet it was different playing us, and worrying about letting your great fan base down. Certainly can't prove it.
Can u tell me if there was any fan reaction at all when Geno entered the arena? Met Dawn at center court prior to game? Was introduced during player coach introductions? Can you be specific- I'd appreciate it! :)

Compared to Matthew Mitchell? No.

Reaction Score
Referees make $600 to $800 a regular season game and $1,000 for conference tournaments and even more for NCAA Tournament games.

Reaction Score
If they lose Coates, that will be a major improvement for SCU. They might have won last night without her. Can't see why Dawn starts her.
I think UConn's defense ate up Coates but almost no other team (maybe Notre Dame) comes close to our tenacious and well coached defensive schemes. I'm sure she has success against most other defenses she faces but as you suggested, she was seemingly a liability against the Huskies. I truly dispute that without her, UConn would have been beaten. UConn had the lead up to 21 before UConn got conservative and that made the outcome appear to be much closer. Who on SC impressed you to the extent you think they'd have beaten the Huskies????? The big three of the Huskies kicked butt and who was it with the possible exception of Aja that you were truly "scared of"?

Reaction Score
You realize you can play differently from year-to-year, right? You realize the players you speak of - are not supposed to shoot a lot this year, right? What were you saying when UCONN faced ND a 4th time four years ago? IMO it is off-the-wall to think how you are thinking. Leading up to next year's game there is going to be a completely different mind set for the players you mentioned- and number of shots taken etc from the entire team-- next year. They would have been practicing and playing 2/3 of the season. So to look at how USC is structured now yet not considering how two of UONN's freshmen that were outstanding h/s players will probably get their soph jump is short-sighted imo.

So many things for UConn next year - for example, I think Cuevas is very overrated. If Chong is healthy - she can outplay her. And with Mitchell gone, suppose KLS finds her 3pt shot next year? Who guards her? If she finds her shot, she is an all-american type of player next year, playing with A LOT of confidence. Not this "kid" we saw tonight. And you want to disregard that and just look at her frosh year playing a terrific team in a terrific environment and project KLS will be the same?

But you are a UCONN fan/ aren't you? Just like many of us on here - you have seen some sensational turnarounds from top tier recruits - haven't you such as with Stewie? Heck even MoJeff from her frosh year and each year subsequent. Heck last year after the ND game she turned into a something outrageously great. She was 0-8 from the floor, had 5 fouls and had just 2 assists vs 5 turnovers. Since that game she has been super hasn't she? SO hy are you projecting these young player's game for next year in such a negative light when you generally see when Geno gets top tier recruits he turns them into something really really really really good?

They did what they were supposed to do tonight. Once Wilson went out game was over. We rode our Big 3 and Nurse hit a couple of 3's. Gabby/KLS and NV battled. I thought NC struggled the most - bt tto hold the other team- it meant our young players also had to play very good d too. Would it be different if they let their man score 6 more points while they scored 6 more each too?
When Wilson went out, South Carolina actually started playing better and had cut the lead for a decent amount of time. I remember that Stewie after a nice start as a freshman (maybe 10 games in) played pretty lousy for a sustained period of time and only came around about the time of the Big East tournament. After that, it was gangbusters. Why does KLS get so much flak?? She's already improved appreciably as a defender though she still has a ways to go and everyone knows (or should know) that her shot will come around. She's got a quick release and you don't all of a sudden forget how to shoot. Her confidence will return and her mindset not to defer or second guess a shot opportunity will make her a much better offensive player next year. Beyond that, she'll be physically stronger and mentally, as well! She and Collier will be quite impressive by the time we'd be playing South Carolina next year and don't forget we've got the best coaching staff in all of women's basketball. You can be sure UConn's not going away!!!!

Reaction Score
When Wilson went out, South Carolina actually started playing better and had cut the lead for a decent amount of time. I remember that Stewie after a nice start as a freshman (maybe 10 games in) played pretty lousy for a sustained period of time and only came around about the time of the Big East tournament. After that, it was gangbusters. Why does KLS get so much flak?? She's already improved appreciably as a defender though she still has a ways to go and everyone knows (or should know) that her shot will come around. She's got a quick release and you don't all of a sudden forget how to shoot. Her confidence will return and her mindset not to defer or second guess a shot opportunity will make her a much better offensive player next year. Beyond that, she'll be physically stronger and mentally, as well! She and Collier will be quite impressive by the time we'd be playing South Carolina next year and don't forget we've got the best coaching staff in all of women's basketball. You can be sure UConn's not going away!!!!

I agree with all you said - I think those bashing next year for not beign top ten are wrong.

With that said, someone else mentioned the bold before. Don't know why that is relevant. I wonder if last year for example when UCONN beat ND the 1tstime and Stewie wasn't so hot if UCONN "played better" for a spurt of time while Stewie was on the bench.

Anyhow when Wilson came back in they were down by 21. She left when they were down by 11. She is a tremendous player and they missed her. The refs at USC would be itching to call fouls on players that guard her and ofc look the other way anytime she would charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom