Congratulations | The Boneyard

Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You guys are amazing on defense and we need to learn how to move more and pass the ball. I'm glad we'll be playing at least twice more in the regular season.
You'll take it next year. I assume we play again next season and there's not a gap in the series. If we didn't have Stewie and Mo tonight, we lose by 12, perhaps more.

Reaction Score
You'll take it next year. I assume we play again next season and there's not a gap in the series. If we didn't have Stewie and Mo tonight, we lose by 12, perhaps more.

I doubt that. Maybe if we didn't have the starting 5, we might lose by a couple.

Reaction Score
I doubt that. Maybe if we didn't have the starting 5, we might lose by a couple.
Mo and Stewie scored 37 of our 64 points. Unless you're plugging in those two spots with Steph Curry and LeBron, we lose without Stewie and Mo. The Kia+KLS+Gabby+Collier combo gave us all of 13 points tonight. Heck, without Tuck we probably lose tonight. You saw what the team looked like without her in the game.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure about that. We'll definitely miss the undisbuted GOAT Stewie and Mojeff, but believe me Kia will not let us loose if the future is in her hands.

Reaction Score
Mo and Stewie scored 37 of our 64 points. Unless you're plugging in those two spots with Steph Curry and LeBron, we lose without Stewie and Mo. The Kia+KLS+Gabby+Collier combo gave us all of 13 points tonight. Heck, without Tuck we probably lose tonight. You saw what the team looked like without her in the game.

We'll never know. Other players may step up and score more or enough to win. You can't just subtract their points from the total. If you did that, then we are playing 3 against 5.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You will continue to be formidable next season. We will take a little while to gel with the additions of Allisha Gray and Kaela Davis, but I think we will ultimately be a little better.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Thanks - gracious of you.

In every game, teams are going to miss some bunnies. But I was really surprised how many So Car missed, and how out of sync they seemed at times, especially on offense. (I know, not their strong suit.). So I'm wondering if you think the moment was perhaps too big for the Gamecocks and they played a bit tight?

Reaction Score
21, I find your reaction to tonight's game to be remarkable (and remarkably negative). I love Wilson as a player, and next year I think that she'll be NPOY, but SC was trailing by 15 when she went out.

Uconn went into a packed arena (with a great fan base) and beat an outstanding team. If you want to anticipate failure for the team in the future tonight is probably not the night to do so.

Maybe it's the 50 point victories that causes us to think that all of our wins have to be by at least 25 so not to be considered a failure of some sort.

These great teams win most of their games going away, but some nights they have to work a good deal harder to wind up with the win.

Next year we will have a good time watching Geno mold the team he has into a contender for the NC. Do you really think that we won't be in the mix for the final four. If Morgan stays we'll be as good as anyone.

Reaction Score

In every game, teams are going to miss some bunnies. But I was really surprised how many So Car missed, and how out of sync they seemed at times, especially on offense. (I know, not their strong suit.). So I'm wondering if you think the moment was perhaps too big for the Gamecocks and they played a bit tight?
The one play where South Carolina stole it and could have walked to the basket for the layup but missed was surprising. That said, we shot better from 3 (38 vs. 30%), South Carolina shot better from the line (69 vs. 67%), and we shot better from the field overall 42 to 38%, so it wasn't like we were shooting lights out either.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I could tell they were tight in warm ups and you guys were loose. I can't say that was the reason we lost, but it was a contributing factor. I know they really wanted to do well for their home fans tonight.

Reaction Score
I could tell they were tight in warm ups and you guys were loose. I can't say that was the reason we lost, but it was a contributing factor. I know they really wanted to do well for their home fans tonight.
It took years to develop the program UConn has. You'll get there.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
You know- sometimes the home field advantage can work against you- causing a different type of pressure because you're in front of your own fans- weighing different expectations can take a toll- seriously.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You know- sometimes the home field advantage can work against you- causing a different type of pressure because you're in front of your own fans- weighing different expectations can take a toll- seriously.

That's a good point, but they ought to be used to it by now - we average 15,000 a game.

Reaction Score
You guys are amazing on defense and we need to learn how to move more and pass the ball. I'm glad we'll be playing at least twice more in the regular season.

Sad that Wilson got hurt. Hope she is fine going forward. Sad before that Mitchell got hurt few days ago. If Wilson and Mitchell are health, there is a good bet UCONN, ND and USC will be there in the end.

Reaction Score
How much do they make? If it's like $50 per game, then I understand - you get what you pay for.

Not sure how much the women's refs make but mens D1 refs make anywhere from $1000 for the small conferences all the way up to $3000 for the big conferences per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom