Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
You seem like a very level-headed guy, this is kind of surprising. If someone's belief is that a group of people should be discriminated against because of DNA, it's not a belief - it's bigotry and they're idiots. I'm fine with people being for or against abortion, gun ownership restrictions and gay marriage, but discrimination against a race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender etc is just wrong.
I believe you forgot nationality, disability, or religion in your definition. Just sayin. After all it's only Constitutional law.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I believe you forgot nationality, disability, or religion in your definition. Just sayin. After all it's only Constitutional law.
Outed as not being a lawyer but I think "etc" covers me.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This "honor code" mess could really save UConn's bacon. If BYU becomes a no-go due to their mandatory discrimination policy against people in same-sex relationships (and presumably people with non-conventional gender identity/expresssion), UConn arguably becomes the best option in terms of securing a new TV market/national brand for the Big 12 (even if it's just Connecticut proper that is seen as the new market). A compromise two-team expansion position could now involve UConn/Houston or UConn/Cincinnati, if UConn suddenly becomes a must-add for TV network honchos in order for them to agree to this deal.

Reaction Score
You seem like a very level-headed guy, this is kind of surprising. If someone's belief is that a group of people should be discriminated against because of DNA, it's not a belief - it's bigotry and they're idiots. I'm fine with people being for or against abortion, gun ownership restrictions and gay marriage, but discrimination against a race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender etc is just wrong.
If there was evidence BYU is openly discriminating against LGBT people yeah that's unacceptable. But they're against unmarried heterosexual couples engaging in sex. Is that discrimination or religious belief/practice?

There is a fine line. In a sense they are being discriminated against because of their teachings.

Reaction Score
If there was evidence BYU is openly discriminating against LGBT people yeah that's unacceptable. But they're against unmarried heterosexual couples engaging in sex. Is that discrimination or religious belief/practice?

There is a fine line. In a sense they are being discriminated against because of their teachings.

They're fine with married couples having sex, and in 2005 51% of graduates were married. But even though it's now federally legal to be in a gay marriage, you'll be kicked out of BYU for it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Why do you assume same sex relationships are sexual?

Reaction Score
This "honor code" mess could really save UConn's bacon. If BYU becomes a no-go due to their mandatory discrimination policy against people in same-sex relationships (and presumably people with non-conventional gender identity/expresssion), UConn arguably becomes the best option in terms of securing a new TV market/national brand for the Big 12 (even if it's just Connecticut proper that is seen as the new market). A compromise two-team expansion position could now involve UConn/Houston or UConn/Cincinnati, if UConn suddenly becomes a must-add for TV network honchos in order for them to agree to this deal.

I hear what you're saying but the networks don't have to agree to anything. It's already in the contract, if the Big 12 wants to expand, it's contractually able to do so.

Reaction Score
I don't care how much I loved someone, if they excluded my family because of their sexual orientation I would not marry them.

Liberal agenda. Everyone is just supposed to support LGBT b/c you do?

You have your beliefs and others have theirs.

You're not right anymore than anyone else.

Reaction Score
Liberal agenda. Everyone is just supposed to support LGBT b/c you do?

You have your beliefs and others have theirs.

You're not right anymore than anyone else.

I'm done because I'll be banned from here for responding to you in the way I would most like to

Reaction Score
Why do you assume same sex relationships are sexual?
I assume all "relationships" are sexual otherwise your just friends or roommates. I doubt BYU has issues with roommates.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure. We begged the ACC when they expanded and were not included. The embarrassment of being denied was bad; however, it was made much worse by our prostration. Regarding fan interest - people will watch if we win. Therein lies the key to our future success. There have been (and remain) problems for our inclusion in a P5 conference:
  • SEC: geography, culture, and football
  • ACC: BC, FSU, football
  • Pac 12: geography
  • Big 12: geography, culture, football
  • B1G: AAU status, football
We cannot change geography, so that wipes-out the Pac 12, SEC, and (probably) the Big 12. The ACC and B1G have one common obstacle: football. When we produce an entertaining and winning program, we will be invited into one of those conferences.
The AAC geography is ridiculous as well. The only commutable team is Temple. The rest are airline flights. Once you are on a plane it doesn't matter if it is two, three or four hours. I believe that you are naive in thinking that geography is keeping out of the P5. UConn failed in lobbying the ACC when they needed to lobby. They begged after the decision was made. That's what made it look bad. People will not come to see them play the dregs of the AAC. UConn has a great OOC schedule this year. But it won't be maintained. Recruits will not come. Once the coach becomes a success he will leave for greener pastures and UConn will have to start all over again. The future looks grim indeed if UConn has to spend much more time in the AAC, especially if it becomes even more diluted.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how Fishy maintains his sanity.

Fishy? Sane? He runs this God D___ insane asylum! Perhaps he bays at the moon alone, whereas many of us participate in group baying. I just don't think you should bay alone, IMO.

Reaction Score
If you think the BYU honor code committee or whatever would treat two men or two women having a non-sexual but close, romantic relationship the same as a hetero couple, you're being a little bit naive.
I honestly don't know enough, but I do know they have suspended high profile athletes at key times for honor code violations which were said to be heterosexual sex instances. Compare that to what happened at Baylor or Penn State where rapes were covered up.

There is something honorable about not making exceptions on your core beliefs in instances where it would be beneficial to the university to do so.

And yes I admit that I can be naive to a fault.

Reaction Score
They're fine with married couples having sex, and in 2005 51% of graduates were married. But even though it's now federally legal to be in a gay marriage, you'll be kicked out of BYU for it.

I'll bet they think you'll go blind too...

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The AAC geography is ridiculous as well. The only commutable team is Temple. The rest are airline flights. Once you are on a plane it doesn't matter if it is two, three or four hours. I believe that you are naive in thinking that geography is keeping out of the P5. UConn failed in lobbying the ACC when they needed to lobby. They begged after the decision was made. That's what made it look bad. People will not come to see them play the dregs of the AAC. UConn has a great OOC schedule this year. But it won't be maintained. Recruits will not come. Once the coach becomes a success he will leave for greener pastures and UConn will have to start all over again. The future looks grim indeed if UConn has to spend much more time in the AAC, especially if it becomes even more diluted.
Interesting thoughts, but I stand by my original post since I had links to support my positions. Show me the evidence to support geography not being a negative for UCONN consideration in the PAC or SEC. Here is an example of why it is a factor for the Big 12. Cincinnati, according to the buzz, is a lock for the Big 12. Why Cincinnati over UCONN? We are better athletically, academically, financially, with a larger TV market and better facilities. We are a state flagship school that owns our state. UC doesn't own southern Ohio. Why UC? Because they are the least bad football option in Big 12 territory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom