College Teams Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

College Teams Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agree with this. Better pick than Miami. Surprised Wisconsin is still on the board. Always forgotten.

I was selecting between wisconsin and oregon. I took the Nike money.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lol on UNC. They haven't beat NC State in something like 6 years and the wolfpack have a much better fan base.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Most sleeping giants are dead. (See "New Jersey, State University of")

Some needs to get heart-punched.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The CSS selects the Virginia Tech Hokies.

While not a historic program, they are one of the most successful in the last 20 years. And they have a very large following and fan base. They are also located close to SE large mediaarkets and fertile recruiting grounds. And as commish, I will ensure that they keep Coach Beamer on the sidelines just to make sure there is no drop-off after he leaves....even if we have to do it "Weekend at Bernie's" style for 15 years!:)

CTMike, you now on the clock!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lol on UNC. They haven't beat NC State in something like 6 years and the wolfpack have a much better fan base.

Oregon is 10-15 in Bowls. UNC has a better bowl record (but has not played in as many prestigious bowl games). UNC was certainly picked too early, but I do think they are a sleeping giant, so a good sleeper pick a round or two later. I think they can become a football power.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Oregon is 10-15 in Bowls. UNC has a better bowl record (but has not played in as many prestigious bowl games). UNC was certainly picked too early, but I do think they are a sleeping giant, so a good sleeper pick a round or two later. I think they can become a football power.

They tried to become a football power by hiring a scumbag former NFL coach (Davis), paying their recruits, players and families, and creating fake classes and grades for the players...and that didn't even get them an ACC Championship. If that didn't work for even an ACC Championship, I'd hate to see what it might take for them to become the power you expect them to be...dead hookers and investments from the Chineese government?!:)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
At this point, I have Michigan hanging all by themselves up north. So to keep them company, I'm going to select Wisconsin and Michigan State. Strong in football and hoops. Not much more to say there!

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
CSS will then go with the University of Tennesse.

While they have struggled the last few years, they have a great program with a solid foundation and history. Plus, they have a huge loyal following and fan base.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
whaler is on the clock.

5 best available:
duke/bc/pitt/cuse/unlv

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Was hoping to grab TN here. Getting to a matter of taste now, I'll try to shore up the Southeast some and grab Auburn. Pretty much because they have the best team left on the board.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i agree, tn was un my radar also. they have been a mess lately but they are who they are. my league will be in talks with Tenn soon for some womens bball games. :p

i will take south cary and uva with my picks.
whats a league without the old ball coach and some swords.

whaler is back on the clock

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I clearly heart rivalries, so I'll snap up Boise to pair with Oregon going forward.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wow interesting pick, i like it tho whaler. i like potatoes.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
The CSS will now select the Texas A&M Aggies.

While A&M isn't going to win multiple National Championsips (no program selected at this point will do that), they will be a consistent Top 25 team every year and have a few great seasons where they battle for the crown mixed in. They have a huge and loyal following, deliver the all important Texas for both the huge media markets as well as the essential Texas recruiting pipeline. While they won't headline a league, they will be a great power league member.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The CTMike16 delegation selects... The RZA, the GZA, U-God, Inspecta Deck.... sorry, wrong draft.

Some solid football teams are still out there, but the herd is being thinned. Then again, a conference isn't just football. So these two are based largely on location relative to the rest of my conference, but, there's no denying that this next pick is a huge hoops pickup... that's right, Kentucky, come on down! We'll welcome Coach Cal Ashley Judd with open arms.

And with the 1st pick in the 8th round... this team's got a lot of length, a lot of upside... but mostly they have a large fan base in an area I want to stake a claim in... NC State Wolfpack, welcome to your new home!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
fsu and tosu are on the trading block....pm me

i have sent a trade to ctmike

USG is on the clock...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sorry Dan, right now I'm digging my conference, but here on out it starts to get ugly! I'll definitely revisit as we move forward.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
7 of the first 29 teams coming from the All Cash Conference????? What am I missing??/ Is this the opportunity to pull together the best conferences n the country??? or just slap something up against the board and see what sticks.????

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
7 of the first 29 teams coming from the All Cash Conference????? What am I missing??/ Is this the opportunity to pull together the best conferences n the country??? or just slap something up against the board and see what sticks.????

i count 6 with only fsu being real early by me. where is USG at? come on my man i'm itching to pick up duke and wake with 1 swoop.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Is it still so hard to be a baby?

(This is obscure but hopefully one person gets it)

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
The CSS drafts the Oklahoma State Cowboys.

Read my explanation about my last pick aTm, and it is basically the same. Except for take out the part about big media markets and insert the financial baking of T Boone Pickens! That's right ...I'M A MAN!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Some decent options here but nothing that jumps off the page. For the hardy fans, the ridiculous co-eds, tremendous tailgating, recruiting area, so Auburn isn't on an island.... The University of Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom