trade alert
CTMike16 gets UVA
B1G Eas1 gets Mich St

mike will confirm...

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The CSS will draft Duke.

I am not even going to try to justify this pick in terms of football. But anyone we draft at this point is just Football Filler and is not going to do anything for your conference. However, Duke is an elite basketball program and helps to save my basketball reputation.

And before anyone kills me for this pick, let me tell you my first act as Commish to keep you calm. I will hire Dick Vitale and Mike Patrick to positions in the conference that have big titles (Vice President of something) but no actual duties. They will have offices in the basement next to the boiler room...which will ensure that they will not be on TV for any sporting events! Now that I have explained myself, I expect to get unanimous acclaim and praise for this pick and receive many "thank you"s.:)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Absolutely no problem picking Duke, especially this late.

Hard to believe that it all comes down to this, but... for my last two teams... I'm going to grab Cinci and Northwestern. Cinci at least makes some level of sense. Northwestern is purely based on location.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The CSS will draft Duke.

I am not even going to try to justify this pick in terms of football. But anyone we draft at this point is just Football Filler and is not going to do anything for your conference. However, Duke is an elite basketball program and helps to save my basketball reputation.

And before anyone kills me for this pick, let me tell you my first act as Commish to keep you calm. I will hire Dick Vitale and Mike Patrick to positions in the conference that have big titles (Vice President of something) but no actual duties. They will have offices in the basement next to the boiler room...which will ensure that they will not be on TV for any sporting events! Now that I have explained myself, I expect to get unanimous acclaim and praise for this pick and receive many "thank you"s.:)

duck fuke

-B1GEastAl

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Draft Recap :

CTMike16 North : Michigan/Wisconsin/Northwestern/Purdue/Cinci/Virginia/Pitt/Maryland
CTMike16 South : LSU/Mississipi State/Georgia/Florida/Clemson/NC State/Kentucky/Vanderbilt

So, my basic approach was : Forget the West. I wanted a conference that would make some sort of geographical sense, so that meant "East Coast Bias", as SubbaBub mentioned. SO I shot for a well rounded (football first, but hoops too), Eastern-half-of-the-US focused league, with 1 school each in a bunch of contiguous states. You can obviously tell which schools were my "Plan B" in each state, but overall, not too bad accomplishing what I set out to do. (I have a hole in Alabama... c'est la vie). No, I don't have a school in Texas. But I'll refer back to my prior comment that the SEC has done just fine without having a Texas school (though I know Texas A&M is heading there). I don't think the world revolves around Texas... and I think the CTMike16 South ain't to shabby regardless. With all the states and centers of population covered, very solid football and respectable hoops, I'm fully expecting a media rights deal north of $50/mil per team per year. :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The B1G East has come to a agreement with Madison Square Garden to host its bball tney every year. Its a 30 year deal starting yesterday.

The B1G East has come to a agreement in principle with the Yankees on a 30 year deal to be 1 of the conf's bid into the Pinstripe Bowl. Seeding has yet to be agreed on.

We also have sold out tier 1 rights to ESPN for 25mil a year per team. Fox has bought our tier 2 rights for 5mil a year per team. teams keep there own tier 3.

CTMike16 and The B1G East are currently in talks about a fball and bball challenge and also about some bowl game setups.

carry on:D

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Paging USG... let's put a bow on this thing!! :)

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
CSS will select Boston College as their last pick in the draft.

It was between BC and Wake Forest. While I think Wake has the better football and basketball program in reality, BC has better national perception. With Duke already in my conference, WF also was a duplicative media market for me as well. Every conference needs a red-headed step child to whip on...so BC will be mine!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ill take a TV market that supports all 4 major sports leagues and has made a huge football investment. They can never win in my league and they make no geographic sense - The University of Minnesota

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have lost faith in this board. wow usg lol, col and minn were both still on the board considering your footprint. do u want a redo? i kid i kid.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm gonna leave Colorado out there for f/a as i think usg may make a claim and drop a school some time soon.:D they really don't fit my footprint. i pick UH for my last pick and i draft mark cuban as my commish! lets make some trades!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
map.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
West;
Washington/oregon/boise/stanford
UCLA/Arizona State/TCU/Minnesota

East:
Texas/Oklahoma/Miami/Notre Dame/Auburn/Mississippi/Louisville/South Florida

Should have gone with Colorado over Minnesota for the geography at the very least.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
my setup: pods

lakes- ill/msu/ind/tosu
cowboy- tt/bay/uh/ark
swamp- fsu/gt/sc/unc
yankee- wvu/uconn/cuse/ruty

- all 4 of my pods are in the east
- i touch texas, florida, ohio, michigan, nc, sc, ga among other recruit areas.
-my conf is clearly #1 in bball, wbball, soccer, lax and baseball!!!!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No Duke, Maryland, Hopkins, Loyola means who cares about your lacrosse.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i was trying to trade for md!

unc and cuse trump other confs lax! nd is all that matters 4 u in lax, maybe they can work out a deal to play lax only in my league:p . but this isn't important. i stand by my claims lol

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
The CSS has officially been formed. We are going with a 4 Pod setup:

West
Southern Cal
California
Arizona
BYU

South
Alabama
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Oklahoma State

Midwest
Nebraska
Iowa
Missouri
Kansas

East
Penn State
Virginia Tech
Boston College
Duke

It is a true National conference that is very good within each pod respectively and each pod stays true to its geographies. And it is setup with clear travel partners and rivalries:

Southern California vs California
Arizona vs BYU
Alabama vs Tennesee
Texas A&M vs Oklahoma State
Nebraska vs Iowa
Missouri vs Kansas
Penn State vs Virginia Tech
Duke vs Boston College

It is clearly a football powerhouse with 5 of the top 10 all time win leaders in football...you cannot beat that. I think we are the clear leader in football. And in basketball, we are probably second or third at the worst as we are anchored by true blue-bloods Kansas and Duke.

In my opinion, the CSS is clearly the best conference drafted!

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
I did some research on the results of the conference draft that I think will demonstrate the relative strengths of the conferences. First I will use the website that someone posted on the board earlier today about the realignment value of each program. Based on those rankings, here are the average:

Average Team Value Ranking (lower #s are better)
1. CSS 25.7
2. TierXVI 33.7
3. CTMike16 35.7
4. Bi6 38.5

Average Team Value (lower #s are better)
1. CSS 30.4
2. TierXVI 36.5
3. CTMike16 37.4
4. Bi6 39.6

As you can see by this unbiased ranking someone else listed, the CSS has created a fairly large gap between the best conference and the 2nd best. TierXVI and CTMike are very closely tied for 2nd place, while the Bi6 is clearly the lowest conference in value.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Tier XII is clearly the best football conference. It's not even that close as the entire western half of the country was pretty much ignored. Oregon and Boise for example don't have historical win totals but they are just now in the top 10 every year.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
And here are some rankings to take into account resources and support of the program:

Total Athletic Department Revenue
1. CSS $1.221B
2. TierXVI $1.215B
3. CTMike16 $1.196B
4. Bi6 $1.092B

Average Football Attendance
1. CSS 65,659
2. CTMike16 62,321
3. TierXVI 59,590
4. Bi6 56,521

So the CSS has the largest revenue base, as well as the largest home attendance figures. Again, the Bi6 is working from a disadvantage in terms of both AD revenue as well as FB attendance.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
And in terms of on-field football performance:

Total Wins
1. CSS 662
2. CTMike16 631
3. TierXVI 598
4. Bi6 592

Average Wins Ranking
1. CSS 33.3
2. CTMike16 38.3
3. TierXVI 45.9
4. Bi6 49.4

Total Football Championships
1. CSS 45
2. TierXVI 44
3. CTMike16 31
4. Bi6 23

In terms of on-field performance, the CSS takes it again. Most wins and most championships. Can't argue with those numbers! And once again, Bi6 takes up the bottom rung!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom