Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lembo = poison just want this on record should Warde hire him.

Could be a great coach. Could be a great person. But if he couldn't win the Southern Conference or the MAC, how is he going to win whatever conference we will be in in 3 years. Just because we are UCONN isn't going to get it done.

We get you don't like Lembo, but your reasoning is asinine. I guess Houston should fire their coach if he doesn't win the American next year.

If every school followed your reasoning as a template there would be dozens of job openings and nobody qualified to fill them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Could be a great coach. Could be a great person. But if he couldn't win the Southern Conference or the MAC, how is he going to win whatever conference we will be in in 3 years. Just because we are UCONN isn't going to get it done.

LOL......Lembo is poison. But he could be a great coach and a great person.

Seriously, just say you don't like Lembo and leave it at that. When you try to qualify it you sound like an idiot.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Man some of you can't get yourself onto a ledge fast enough. You must be fun when you go through hard times.

loud-noise-quotes-3.jpg

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
LOL......Lembo is poison. But he could be a great coach and a great person.

Seriously, just say you don't like Lembo and leave it at that. When you try to qualify it you sound like an idiot.

Funny how strongly people have opinions about potential coaches that they only know snippets about.

Fact is that we don't know who would be the most successful coach. We really don't. If we could predict stuff like that we shouldn't be wasting it on the boneyard.

I will get behind whoever is hired and believe they will be successful.

Reaction Score
Funny how strongly people have opinions about potential coaches that they only know snippets about.

Fact is that we don't know who would be the most successful coach. We really don't. If we could predict stuff like that we shouldn't be wasting it on the boneyard.

Stop it sdhusky. You're being too reasonable!

Reaction Score
Sounds like Newsome is committed to TJ and Buggs, but is anxious to find out who gets the full time gig because...... you never know. Makes perfect sense.

"Newsome feels comfortable with UConn interim head coach and offensive coordinator T.J. Weist as well as running backs coach Kermit Buggs but he isn't sure who is going to be the head coach at UConn.

"It is kind of scary because I need to get to know them," Newsome said. "Right now, I pay attention. I know the head coach, the offensive coordinator, we talk a lot. I am anxious to know who the head coach is going to be so I can meet him and have a relationship"

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
sdhusky said:

Which is why I don't have a problem with WM moving on from a guy if he doesn't want the job. Now, a series of guys not wanting the job is a problem.

So, ixnay on the eakslay.

Reaction Score
Right, because no school in the history of football ever got turned down by their first choice hire. Ever.

No school got turned down and then started leaking details as to why they got turned down. Warde said we won't hear a word from him until a coach is announced. He is not going to make an announcement that no offers were made.

Reaction Score

I agree with this. If Weist is hired, so be it. Not one of us (well maybe UConn07) knows if anyone will be successful here or not.

I still want Herman though.

Reaction Score

Southern Conference is a pretty good FCS football conference. Appalachian St. won the FCS national championship in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Georgia Southern won in 1999 and 2000 and runner-up in 1998. Furman was runner-up in 2001.

At Elon, Lembo took a team that was 4-7, 2-10, 3-8, and 3-8 the four seasons before he got there and produced 5-6, 7-4, 8-4, 9-3, and 6-5. I would say he turned around Elon.

Ball St. was 2-10 and 4-8 the two years before he got there. He has been 6-6, 9-4, and 10-2. And 4-4 against BCS competition with wins against USF, Virginia, and Indiana 2x. Losses to Oklahoma, Clemson, USF, and UCF.

Look, Lembo has a great track record and he wins.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Southern Conference is a pretty good FCS football conference. Appalachian St. won the FCS national championship in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Georgia Southern won in 1999 and 2000 and runner-up in 1998. Furman was runner-up in 2001.

At Elon, Lembo took a team that was 4-7, 2-10, 3-8, and 3-8 the four seasons before he got there and produced 5-6, 7-4, 8-4, 9-3, and 6-5. I would say he turned around Elon.

Ball St. was 2-10 and 4-8 the two years before he got there. He has been 6-6, 9-4, and 10-2. And 4-4 against BCS competition with wins against USF, Virginia, and Indiana 2x. Losses to Oklahoma, Clemson, USF, and UCF.

Look, Lembo has a great track record and he wins.
I don't know anything about Lembo. At all. But it seems like his great track record of winning is at small schools. That's my concern. Hasn't won at a higher level. Hasn't had to convince higher tier recruits to play for him. But hey I've been wrong plenty in life I'd get behind whoever is named and convince myself they are the best coach on earth.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I agree with this. If Weist is hired, so be it. Not one of us (well maybe UConn07) knows if anyone will be successful here or not.

I still want Herman though.

I still want Herman more than lembo or TJ.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It's Narduzzi and then it's everyone else.
I get that Lembo has had a nice career and all at these cute little places, but there is no one on Narduzzi's level at this moment. We may have finally discovered a horseshoe right up our ass for the first time since getting into the Fiesta and we can't blow this chance. and Herbst's comments about preferring a coach from a top 25 program is telling to me. Not good for Lembo.

Narduzzi is the top assistant in the country
The guy is the top D-Coordinator in the country (Right in our wheelhouse)
His team is #4
He just beat #2 and scumbag Meyer and their offense.
He's from the B1G.
Jim Delany will take notice (No it doesn't mean he'll necessarily invite us because of this but it's another feather in UConn's cap).
He has New England ties. Hell he was born in our state.
He gave one hell of a speech the other day while accepting his award. If you're asking me if a kid is going through a wall for Lembo or go through a wall for Narduzzi, then I'm asking you why the hell you have to ask me. If you're asking me if a kid is going to come to UConn because Lembo is here compared to if the kid is going to come to UConn because Narduzzi is here, again I'm asking you why the hell you have to ask me.

If the negotations get us past the number Warde wanted, he needs to step away from the table and remind himself what this hire means. Maybe place another call to Burton if he has too.
Down the road this hire has the potential to mean hundreds of millions more in our athletic departments coffers, and I'm sorry, I don't see Lembo as being an equal to Narduzzi right now. I don't see it close.
Lets just hope the guy really wants the job and some crazy Texas domino doesn't cause a bigger opening to happen. The sooner Warde irons this out the better.

I want Suzie, Warde and Burton to walk into Narduzzi's hotel room, lock the door and saying no one leaves until we sign this deal. If he starts to turtle in the corner and cry out for mommy we know we have the wrong man.

Get it done.

Now you's can't leave!

Reaction Score
If you get publicly rejected by Narduzzi and eventually offer the job the your interim coach, you look the fool. and a cheap fool. Is there another head caoching job that TJ Weist would be a candidate for? Is there one new fan that would be excited by this? There were 17k people at the last game. You realize that 23,000 empty seats at $30 apiece is $690,000 in lost revenue? or more than enough to bridge the difference in costs for a good assistant coaching staff.

so far, so bad

Reaction Score
If you get publicly rejected by Narduzzi and eventually offer the job the your interim coach, you look the fool. and a cheap fool. Is there another head caoching job that TJ Weist would be a candidate for? Is there one new fan that would be excited by this? There were 17k people at the last game. You realize that 23,000 empty seats at $30 apiece is $690,000 in lost revenue? or more than enough to bridge the difference in costs for a good assistant coaching staff.

so far, so bad

There were over 30k tickets purchased for the game. Concessions took a big hit, ticket sales did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom