Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If you get publicly rejected by Narduzzi and eventually offer the job the your interim coach, you look the fool. and a cheap fool. Is there another head caoching job that TJ Weist would be a candidate for? Is there one new fan that would be excited by this? There were 17k people at the last game. You realize that 23,000 empty seats at $30 apiece is $690,000 in lost revenue? or more than enough to bridge the difference in costs for a good assistant coaching staff.

so far, so bad

How many season tickets were sold? Memphis was included in season ticket packages. IIRC 23000 were sold. That means 6,000 no-shows and brings your Q&D back of the envelope calc. down to $510,000

Just trying to look at the bright side...

Reaction Score
If you get publicly rejected by Narduzzi and eventually offer the job the your interim coach, you look the fool. and a cheap fool. Is there another head caoching job that TJ Weist would be a candidate for? Is there one new fan that would be excited by this? There were 17k people at the last game. You realize that 23,000 empty seats at $30 apiece is $690,000 in lost revenue? or more than enough to bridge the difference in costs for a good assistant coaching staff.

so far, so bad

Probably some of the no shows were season ticket holders, so your figure is off. I am sick to my stomach over the leaks ( who did it) and not happy with Lembo. Prefer Herman .

Reaction Score
By the way, this is by far the worst news I've heard all day. I hope he stays home...
He's smart though... I wouldn't budge either... althought I want him to come here badly...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Ok, seriously now... what about Mark Hudspeth? The dude has won down in the bayou... Brought Lousiana to 2 bowl games, won both. Won the Sun Belt confernce this year.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Probably some of the no shows were season ticket holders, so your figure is off. I am sick to my stomach over the leaks ( who did it) and not happy with Lembo. Prefer Herman .
Agree.

Reaction Score
WTF WARDE!!!!???? How could you let this mess happen?

Breathe... Slim that he's going anywhere (he is a teenager so I never say never). He answered a question by someone he has dealt with before.

Did you see what the coach said?

>>Ansonia coach Tom Brockett said he expects that Newsome will head to up as long as the new coach wants him there. "UConn has done a good job of being in contact with him and have stepped up, the guys who have recruited them are still there," Brockett said. "He wanted to play for the home state and it was important to him so obviously there are a lot of people around the country who would like him to be here next year. At this point he is still firm on that and we will wait and see if the new coach wants him, that is where he will end up.<<

From another media piece from last Saturday (in case ya missed it):

McDTwin13:29pm via web
Ansonia senior running back Arkeel Newsome on UConn football: "I'm still verbally committed to #UConn and I just can't wait to be up there.

McDTwin13:30pm via web
Newsome cont.... "It's a great environment. I just love the school." #UConn

McDTwin13:31pm via web
Newsome said he's followed UConn's season and the coaching change won't affect his commitment.
#UConn

“No it doesn’t really affect me, I’m still sticking with it. I’m just waiting to see who’s going to be their next head coach.” -Newsome

Last edited:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Chill.... Slim that he's going anywhere (he ia a teenager so I never say never). He answered a question by someone he has dealt with before.

Did you see what the coach said?

>>Ansonia coach Tom Brockett said he expects that Newsome will head to up as long as the new coach wants him there. "UConn has done a good job of being in contact with him and have stepped up, the guys who have recruited them are still there," Brockett said. "He wanted to play for the home state and it was important to him so obviously there are a lot of people around the country who would like him to be here next year. At this point he is still firm on that and we will wait and see if the new coach wants him, that is where he will end up.<<

From another media piece from last Saturday (in case ya missed it):

McDTwin13:29pm via web
Ansonia senior running back Arkeel Newsome on UConn football: "I'm still verbally committed to #UConn and I just can't wait to be up there.

McDTwin13:30pm via web
Newsome cont.... "It's a great environment. I just love the school." #UConn

Newsome said he's followed UConn's season and the coaching change won't affect his commitment.
#UConn

“No it doesn’t really affect me, I’m still sticking with it. I’m just waiting to see who’s going to be their next head coach.” -Newsome
True... true.

Reaction Score

so far, so bad
not necessarily... many of those empty seats were probably paid for.
the lost revenue is probably more in the concessions.

Reaction Score
Trying to get caught up here.

1. Do we have the source of the "leak" of Narduzzi turning UConn down? I hear it was a UConn source, then I hear it was agents. (BTW I thought the advantage of having a searching firm was to prevent embarrassments like this).
2. I cant really wrap my arms around the fact that Narduzzi is really, really turning down a 400 percent raise so his key assistants can get 10-20 raises.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
With top notch programs in basketball, soccer, field hockey, baseball and an aggressive push on hockey it is clear...

UConn, where football truly is THE(!!) anchor sport!!

1503560-971405-rusty-ship-anchor-and-chain.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll jump on the Cristobal bandwagon! I want an o-line coach with HC experience and get back to quoting someone on here to punch people in the mouths. Identity we need one! We had it, now lets get it back. UConn went to the BCS with this strategy.

Reaction Score
Until signing day commits and decommits mean didly.

Being committed still makes me feel better than having recruits decommit. Hopefully there aren't more to follow.

Reaction Score
not necessarily... many of those empty seats were probably paid for.
the lost revenue is probably more in the concessions.

Well, that was demand at the end of the season. Season tickets are down dramatically despite having Michigan on the schedule. If they keep status quo (coach and conference), I would think that sub-20k attendance is the norm, not the exception.

I don't think any coach not named "Belichick" would actually move the fan base in CT to gain interest in the program. only winning will do that. But gaining credibility outside of the state is just as important becasue the program is not viable long-term being stuck in AAC hell. Narduzzi gives outside credibility. Lembo? doubtful

Reaction Score
One concern I have about Narduzzi turning us down (and not for the asst. coaches crap, I can't believe that) is the fact that I assume at some point he probably asked his B1G AD and perhaps others in the conference for their insight on UConn potentially moving into a real conference in the near future...and I'm wondering if he didn't like what he heard (at least from the B1G end of things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom