Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One concern I have about Narduzzi turning us down (and not for the asst. coaches crap, I can't believe that) is the fact that I assume at some point he probably asked his B1G AD and perhaps others in the conference for their insight on UConn potentially moving into a real conference in the near future...and I'm wondering if he didn't like what he heard (at least from the B1G end of things).
If I were looking to leave my job I wouldn't be asking my boss what the market conditions were for their competitor. And on top of that I would have to take anything they say with a major grain of salt. Why would the Michigan State AD talk up Uconn? Why would I even care what the Michigan State AD had to think of Uconn? I think you may be over thinking this.

Reaction Score
One concern I have about Narduzzi turning us down (and not for the asst. coaches crap, I can't believe that) is the fact that I assume at some point he probably asked his B1G AD and perhaps others in the conference for their insight on UConn potentially moving into a real conference in the near future...and I'm wondering if he didn't like what he heard (at least from the B1G end of things).

I would coach in the CCC South for $2 million a year for 3-4 years.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Right, because no school in the history of football ever got turned down by their first choice hire. Ever.

No, because not every offer that is rejected is made public.

Reaction Score
R8x5FgZ.png

Reaction Score
I have heard from a well place source at UConn that Naruzzi preferred Planet Pizza to Pepe's or Sallie's. IMHO if he can't tell the difference in apizza, then I doubt he could deliver us to the promised land.

Reaction Score
I could imagine he already looked into that before he interviewed with UConn. Something didn't click for him or he wanted to "win one" for the URI Rams over us.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wasn't all that angry that Narduzzi passed. I am getting red-faced angry at reading the reactions of nitwits around the twitter sphere and message boards laughing at UCONN right now.

If it's not UCONN, it's crap. F everyone else.

Reaction Score
Just saw this:

Pete Roussel‏@coachingsearch
UCONN has their guy. Here's what I know. http://goo.gl/5juvYG

UCONN:
CoachingSearch.com has learned that UCONN has their guy. No announcement will come tonight, but it would be a surprise if it's not Ball State head coach Pete Lembo based on the people that I have spoken with this evening. A source informed me that Lembo flew from Mobile (bowl destination) back to Indianapolis tonight.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Joe D tonight seemed awfully certain the announcement is coming very soon.

Reaction Score
If I were looking to leave my job I wouldn't be asking my boss what the market conditions were for their competitor. And on top of that I would have to take anything they say with a major grain of salt. Why would the Michigan State AD talk up Uconn? Why would I even care what the Michigan State AD had to think of Uconn? I think you may be over thinking this.

I understand they may have that type of relationship. And while he was looking, he may not have been looking to leave or a least he wasn't intent on leaving. His heart is where he is now and maybe some others did have influence. In that case he wasn't the right guy.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm considerably more calm now. Narduzzi was my first choice but Lembo was a close second. This would be a GREAT hire!

Reaction Score
Just saw this:

Pete Roussel‏@coachingsearch
UCONN has their guy. Here's what I know. http://goo.gl/5juvYG
UCONN: CoachingSearch.com has learned that UCONN has their guy. No announcement will come tonight, but it would be a surprise if it's not Ball State head coach Pete Lembo based on the people that I have spoken with this evening. A source informed me that Lembo flew from Mobile (bowl destination) back to Indianapolis tonight.
Feels like a consolation prize to me. We would have won a national championship with Narduzzi , been invited to the Big 10 and would have hosted large State affairs with many attractive women's had we hired the Duzzer.

Now we have to worry about the number of David Letterman references we'll hear like we did that last season at Memorial when our kicker ?Hickock missed the OT FG attempt and we lost to Letterman U. I'm deflated

Reaction Score
Or maybe Lembo was first choice all along and the Duzzer is saving face with the earlier release. Perhaps Letterman will spearhead the expansion of the Rent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom