Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since so many of you believe the program's dead already because of the league, maybe we should be looking at a dead coach!!! VINCE LOMBARDI ACCEPTS UCONN JOB!

that a$$clown Jacobs is quoting you on Twitter...hey Jacobs, how about an original thought? Haven't had one yet? Then STFU

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, homeboy turned down a 400% bump in salary over assistant pay? I'm shifting my opinion to the "it had to be something else" side.

In addition, he has to go home and tell his wife about the decision.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
that a$$clown Jacobs is quoting you on Twitter...hey Jacobs, how about an original thought? Haven't had one yet? Then STFU
At least that would be the first time he has been able to put more than two coherent words together. I should sue the SOB for copyright infringement!

Reaction Score
An aside to my above post.

I still believe that Herman fits more into the image of that WM looks for than Narduzzi does. It wouldn't surprise me if WM wants to complete the process before making offers while Narduzzi expected an offer immediately following his interview.

exactly my feelings that and the fact that a lot of media talking heads were making noise about how he should wait it out for something better maybe they got to him

Reaction Score
What public? The boneyard and the MSU message boards?

I doubt the average college football fan or UCONN season ticket holder will even remember this at the start of next season.
Don't agree, it depends on who the HC is. If we get a guy like another PP, then WE WILL REMEMBER....and ticket sales will continue their current trend...downward...only with a more aggressive negative slope.

Reaction Score
I'm happy enough. I would prefer a proven winner like Lembo. I still remember what the 'defensive genius' Arnsparger did to the NY Giants as head coach. Calhoun was a proven winner before he came to UCONN.

I like the idea of a head coach who can hit the ground running.

Reaction Score
BlueDogs said:
I find you boring too, and your invitation to my Christmas party is formally cancelled.

Art was spunky last night. He's not all that boring.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
@NHRJimFuller
Unsure if he made it condition of taking job like #UConn but heard from more than 1 person Pat Narduzzi wanted to coach in Rose Bowl

This makes me feel better. That way we can say we moved on from him, he didn't break up with us.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Looks like UConn is starting to see what small-time feels like.

At least we got an interview with the Broyles Award winner. It's clear he wasn't too keen on the job...thanks AAC.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
you don't get to quit a job and hang on for the holiday party. if this guy can't see that taking a head coach job means getting in there and recruiting then he ain't the guy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Looks like UConn is starting to see what small-time feels like.

At least we got an interview with the Broyles Award winner. It's clear he wasn't too keen on the job...thanks AAC.

If he wasn't too keen on the job, he wouldn't have taken the interview...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Narduzzi wanting to coach the Rose Bowl shouldn't have affected Warde's decision.
No current player or recruit is going to leave the program if Nard took three weeks between accepting the job and showing up.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi wanting to coach the Rose Bowl shouldn't have affected Warde's decision.
No current player or recruit is going to leave the program if Nard took three weeks between accepting the job and showing up.
Except Newsome, who now appears to be wavering on his commitment.

Reaction Score
Does anybody think that Narduzzi didn't impress in the interview, never got an offer and his agent is leaking info to save face. I can't see Warde leaking info for any reason.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If he wasn't too keen on the job, he wouldn't have taken the interview...
Gotta disagree. There were at least $2mil/year reasons to listen. He feels he has better options passing it up- for whatever reason.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Gotta disagree. There were at least $2mil/year reasons to listen. He feels he has better options passing it up- for whatever reason.

Yeah, but that's part of being "keen on the job". In other words, something attracted him enough to take the interview. If Bowling Green offers him 2 million per year, he doesn't even take the interview...

Reaction Score
Does anybody think that Narduzzi didn't impress in the interview, never got an offer and his agent is leaking info to save face. I can't see Warde leaking info for any reason.

If this were true we would have heard from Warde saying that NO OFFERS have been made.

The fact that we haven't heard from him confirms that Narduzzi was offered the job & passed on it. I agree with others that asst coach salaries is BS. You don't offer a guy $1.7-$2.0MM & then squeeze him on asst salaries

Reaction Score
people are crazy here.
the commentary is hilarious. it's as if people think they are directly involved in the hiring conversations, simply because someone tweets. as if everything that is tweeted is factual.
lets speculate more about why narduzzi turned down an offer we think he may have gotten from an interview with think may have taken place.

Reaction Score
One more tweet from somebody at the coaching carousel website gets this thing over 50k hits by 5pm. No doubt. I think there's a chance it hits 100k by Friday AM if there is no official hire yet. 100k hits in under 10 unsourced and non-independently verified tweets. Where's whaler? I need a bookie to take the bet. I'm putting down heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom