CJ Jackson (Committed to Ohio State) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CJ Jackson (Committed to Ohio State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else find it odd that there are NO fans at the game in the video? I am not talking small crowd, I mean NO crowd.

Reaction Score
The jury is out until we get a look at Chief's long-awaited analysis

Three-point shooters are favorites of the First Night crowd, and that's ok. We need those fans too. But if you want to win, you need to play at both ends. You also need to put in the work in the film room and the weight room to maximize your potential. Jerome, Andre and I were talking about that the other day. Jerome finally understood too late what I was trying to tell him, and Andre is starting to understand that to succeed in the NBA, you can't just date Nickelodeon stars on Instagram to become popular. You need to work on your game!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Three-point shooters are favorites of the First Night crowd, and that's ok. We need those fans too. But if you want to win, you need to play at both ends. You also need to put in the work in the film room and the weight room to maximize your potential. Jerome, Andre and I were talking about that the other day. Jerome finally understood too late what I was trying to tell him, and Andre is starting to understand that to succeed in the NBA, you can't just date Nickelodeon stars on Instagram to become popular. You need to work on your game!

Thanks for your analysis, a lot of people have been asking for it.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Anyone else find it odd that there are NO fans at the game in the video? I am not talking small crowd, I mean NO crowd.
Welcome to the world of JUCO. I played on one of the top JUCO football teams in the country in the late 80's and we often had about 20pp at our games. At least in California, virtually no one cared.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your analysis, a lot of people have been asking for it.

I know. A lot of people have been already asking me for an early breakdown of next season's team, and I'll get to that. But in the meantime, spring is in the air - folks should get out in the sun a little. Enjoy life! I'll give my breakdown when I can clear time in my schedule.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, you nailed it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So, he's better than Sam Jr. Is that enough?
Year after year we talking about needing bigs and then get point guards or wings. We have a limited center and no power foward we can count on. I hope he knows what he is doing. But the lack of bigs is a recurring problem.
This reminds of the Yankees getting another closer when they desperately need a starter.

Reaction Score
Year after year we talking about needing bigs and then get point guards or wings. We have a limited center and no power foward we can count on. I hope he knows what he is doing. But the lack of bigs is a recurring problem.
This reminds of the Yankees getting another closer when they desperately need a starter.
Oz on the other board has been hinting at RP might actually still leave. So if he does do you really only want Sam I am coming off the bench as a backup guard? I know I don't. I'm sure they will still go after a big if RP is gone.

Reaction Score
I guess we have different definitions of "recurring problem". We've won 2 of the last 6 National Championships.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Never pass on talent regardless of position. Let the other team guard Adams, DHam, Gilbert, Purvis and this kid all over the floor for 40 minutes a night.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can't find any JUCO highlights. Here is a full game where he stuffed the stat sheet.

He looks slow as hell playing kids who are even slower. Sam cassell part dos?

Reaction Score
If KO and the staff are interested, then I trust their judgement that this guy can help the team. I hope we get some good news

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Oz on the other board has been hinting at RP might actually still leave. So if he does do you really only want Sam I am coming off the bench as a backup guard? I know I don't. I'm sure they will still go after a big if RP is gone.

If RP is leaving, it makes sense. If not, I don't like it. Sam Jr as a third point guard, with the fouls that occur at that position is better than our options for a third power forward or center with the fouls that occur at that position.

Reaction Score
His teammate Gladden averaged 9.7 rebounds yet he is listed as a guard? Nice numbers for a guard huh.

This guy or Christian would be Vital additions it would seem.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen him, but my local team plays them, I will try to get some info from our coaches. Yes, whomever said above that Oz, yes, he keeps reiterating RP could be gone. i know midseason, it was foregone conclusion he was headed to Europe.

Reaction Score
If RP is leaving, it makes sense. If not, I don't like it. Sam Jr as a third point guard, with the fouls that occur at that position is better than our options for a third power forward or center with the fouls that occur at that position.
Just to clarify, Oz hasn't hinted about Purvis leaving since Jacobs has tweeted about Purvis staying. Not saying anything is guaranteed, just don't want to send this forum into panic mode.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I guess we have different definitions of "recurring problem". We've won 2 of the last 6 National Championships.

Snippy, but I'll respond.
The problem, In my opinion, has existed for 4 years during which our best center has been Amida.
Yes, we won a NC during that time. In spite of, not because of our center position. Plus, Deandre caught fire that year. Never a bruising power forward, he played a beautiful finesse game, which along with 2 outstanding guards. We have not had a prototypical frontcourt in 4 years. Our players have been thin if athletic. In 2014, we overcame that. Since then we tend to get pushed around against big teams.

Reaction Score
Snippy, but I'll respond.
The problem, In my opinion, has existed for 4 years during which our best center has been Amida.
Yes, we won a NC during that time. In spite of, not because of our center position. Plus, Deandre caught fire that year. Never a bruising power forward, he played a beautiful finesse game, which along with 2 outstanding guards. We have not had a prototypical frontcourt in 4 years. Our players have been thin if athletic. In 2014, we overcame that. Since then we tend to get pushed around against big teams.
And yet we lose first round in 2014 without Brimah.

Reaction Score
His offers are solid as hell but we all know that's never a great barometer (ahem scjr). Think this would be a major coup if purvis decides not to come back , because if that happens uconns left with two good guards and that's it.

Reaction Score
From some googling it looks like his father was a high school standout in the Los Angeles area 1 year ahead of KO (went on to play at Georgia). He played his high school ball at a private school, but he lived near Crenshaw. Wonder if they ever crossed paths back in the day.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
And yet we lose first round in 2014 without Brimah.

Yes. And I love AB for that. But it is a coincidence. Had we a better center, we wouldn't have needed that 3 point play.

Look, I love AB, ask Mau. But an weak frontcourt by design is not a good thing.
I remember when we were recruiting Diamond Stone and a bunch of posters didn't want him because of sharing minutes with AB. They wanted another wing.
We are headed in the right direction. But I think next year we are lacking still. Nolan and Miller are gone. And we add Diarra. Don't think anyone is taking Miller's points. I hope Diarra takes his rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom