Charli Collier Visiting UConn This Weekend | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Charli Collier Visiting UConn This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some words from Charli. Does Megan share this view?

"There's just something different about them. They work hard, and they're in great shape which lets them do that and it shows in their play. They pay attention to little details and little things and they do them until they get it right. And when Coach Auriemma says something, they listen."
I don't think it's entirely a basketball decision for recruits. If it were the answer is easy: when Geno calls you immediately commit. Megan is probably considering a bunch of factors, and basketball may not be the most important one.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So she didn't play high school ball? Can't skate on that excuse TT. Your humor was a little too thin for some.

Jefferson played five varsity seasons with the Texas Home Educators Sports Association (THESA) as a homeschooled athlete. Jefferson began playing with THESA's varsity squad as an eighth grader and compiled 509 points, 85 rebounds, 87 assists. In her freshman year she started in 50 of 51 games played and averaged 19.5 ppg., 1.7 rpg., 1.7 apg. and 2.8 spg. to help THESA to a 42-10 record. As a sophomore, Jefferson averaged 17.5 ppg. to help her team to a 42-9 record. During her junior year, she started all 50 games and averaged 21.8 ppg., 5.0 rpg., 4.0 apg. and 4.0 spg. in aiding her team to a 42-8 record. As a senior, she averaged 17.3 ppg., 3.8 rpg., 3.6 apg. and 5.1 spg. to lead her team to a 41-6 record. Jefferson helped lead the Riders to five NCHBC basketball titles and five NCHBC Texas Region titles and finished her career 3,354 points, 825 rebounds and 728 steals in her career.[1]

Moriah Jefferson - Wikipedia

Think emoticon ... yes? Like this maybe? View attachment 16217 Or :D

I bet the competition in that league was fierce. I had never heard of that league before. I thought that her only experience during high school was in AAU ball. Thanks for educating me.

It would be interesting to know where here THESA coach went to school.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think it's entirely a basketball decision for recruits. If it were the answer is easy: when Geno calls you immediately commit. Megan is probably considering a bunch of factors, and basketball may not be the most important one.

What?! There are players for whom basketball is not the most important thing in their lives? You mean they also value things like family, friends, campus culture, academics, plus all of the other aspects of what their lives will be like for four years? Well, that sounds downright selfish. Just go where you are guarantee a championship and put all of those other things aside.

Once these players leave college they will be married to the city of whichever team drafts them, if they are fortunate enough to play pro ball. After college is over they really don't get to decide where they play ball so they better make a decision that will allow them to be happy.

Reaction Score
What?! There are players for whom basketball is not the most important thing in their lives? You mean they also value things like family, friends, campus culture, academics, plus all of the other aspects of what their lives will be like for four years? Well, that sounds downright selfish. Just go where you are guarantee a championship and put all of those other things aside.

Once these players leave college they will be married to the city of whichever team drafts them, if they are fortunate enough to play pro ball. After college is over they really don't get to decide where they play ball so they better make a decision that will allow them to be happy.
For Walker she may be thinking about which school is the best academically, which place will enable her to grow her brand, she's said she really likes football, and maybe her parents even get a say (usually how it goes for most teenagers heading off to college). What were Stewie's considerations? I want to be the best basketball player possible and win four national championships, where do I sign? You can bet the current Huskies aren't worrying about retweets, their personal brand, or what time the football tailgate begins. I think the newest Huskies are just trying to keep from having a heart attack during practice. What sets UConn apart is Geno's demand for dedication and commitment to the program that requires sacrificing selfish distractions.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
For Walker she may be thinking about which school is the best academically, which place will enable her to grow her brand, she's said she really likes football, and maybe her parents even get a say (usually how it goes for most teenagers heading off to college). What were Stewie's considerations? I want to be the best basketball player possible and win four national championships, where do I sign? You can bet the current Huskies aren't worrying about retweets, their personal brand, or what time the football tailgate begins. I think the newest Huskies are just trying to keep from having a heart attack during practice. What sets UConn apart is Geno's demand for dedication and commitment to the program that requires sacrificing selfish distractions.

I agree. If you want to win a championship, go to UCONN. Geno is the only current coach who can say that.

Reaction Score

Well if she likes football she's stuck............................

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you mean, but Notre Dame went down to 2-5 this weekend and Texas is doing nothing in conference. CT not so hot. I suspect she has to reopen her recruiting if football factors large! :eek:

I see Alabama on her horizon..........................';)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom