Charli Collier Visiting UConn This Weekend | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Charli Collier Visiting UConn This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Charli's dad passed away this year. The Godfather would make a great surrogate.

I hope that Charli got to chat with Tina. She could follow Tina's path.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sam goes by Baby Bruney. Kaleena called Breanna, "Baby Husky." Just sayin'!

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting -- both Maddie and Mike have gone the assistant/grad assistant route: Madison up at Mad City and Michaela Mabrey went down to Miami to join Katie Meier's staff at University of Miami. (If there is any interest, we're pretty certain the third graduating senior -- Hannah Huffman -- joined one of the Big4 firms.) Good choice for Mabrey1 -- she's played for Meier before and I can see their personalities being simpatico. Good for Maddie and Mike!

Michaela Mabrey Bio
I spent 19 wonderful years in Madison WI, and can't think of a better place. Madison will love Madison, and vice-versa! :)

As to ND football, although there have been a few ups over the past 30 years, there have been more downs. I keep thinking that the model is broken for the Irish. I don't know what would fix it. Certainly the super teams, like Alabama and OSU (and probably soon U of Michigan), pack in the top athletes so that by the 4th quarter they're rotating in 3rd string 5-star players. I don't know much about the contours of the ND undergraduate program--whether it can sustain 100+ football players like the big state schools can; or what. What do you think Dillon77?

Reaction Score
Would have loved a commitment from Charli C during her visit so a bit disappointing................going to have to work hard again to pry one of these Texas girls away from home..................as for Ms. Boston, it would be terribly ironic if one of the only 5 star New England recruits in recent years decided that she wanted to spend her college years in another part of the country..........let us pray that is not the case..................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
as for Ms. Boston, it would be terribly ironic if one of the only 5 star New England recruits in recent years decided that she wanted to spend her college years in another part of the country.....let us pray that is not the case...

Boston is very intriguing. Think she's my #2 post/forward if they don't land Nelson-Ododa.

HGN

Reaction Score
Saw Collier and Brunelle with Shea and Marisa at UConn Dairy Bar on Saturday. Hopefully a triple scoop sundae can seal the deal. No better ice cream !!
Would love to see the Huskies get at least 2 of the 3 , of Collier , Brunelle , or Boston.

Reaction Score
As a fellow dad, that brings a huge smile to my face. Congrats, Dad.
One of my daughters went to a former women's college -- Conn College -- and she's going to jump into the doctoral progam (knock on wood). She's just as driven -- if not more so -- in her academic pursuits as she was in her soccer and lacrosse games (but I see the same rigor and gleam in her eye).
;)

One of my daughters started at UConn, found it too big, and finished at Conn. After the first semester, I asked her what her thoughts were comparing the two. She liked the smaller Conn classes, and opined that she thought the academic experience at UConn was tougher. As an in-state student who also got a a lowered tuition because someone really close to her worked at UConn, I explained that I didn't want to hear that. Instead, I wanted to hear that Conn was the best.

One BS, 3 MS's, and a PhD later, I can't argue with her choice.

If your ever in the New London area, let me know, and we can quaff a jar.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-16_19-38-7.png
    upload_2016-10-16_19-38-7.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 30

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thanks for asking. Using my classmates, friends, daughter and her friends (juniors at ND) as a sampling, not really well. Quite candidly, most folks -- from casual to intense -- thought the program had gotten to the stage where 2-4 was not going to be( in) the discussion.

The intense "football first, second, third and 'what other sports do we have?' group" was calling for Defensive Coordinator Van Gorder's scalp (which they got after the Duke game), but the loss in the hurricane to NC State didn't exactly quell the discontent on Head Coach Brian Kelly . Stay tuned to see how we do against Stanford, which is having some issues this year, as well.

For less intense fans, it's not as gnawing, but you want them to be as competitive as they had been the last few years. Hopefully, there's some learning being done by the adults in the house, as well.

Barring a complete collapse, Kelly is not going anywhere, but the major steps backward on defense since Bob Diaco left for -- well, look what we have here -- UConn, are wide-ranging (from personnel and philosophy to execution).

Luckily, I also like the other futbol and both the ND guys and girls are doing well (the guys in particular). In fact, I'm going to go watch ND vs UNC women in an hour or so....always a competitive match.

Hey, Rudy is on right now ... I'd give you the channel listing but I suspect you have your own copy, right? ;)

Reaction Score
Would have loved a commitment from Charli C during her visit so a bit disappointing......going to have to work hard again to pry one of these Texas girls away from home...as for Ms. Boston, it would be terribly ironic if one of the only 5 star New England recruits in recent years decided that she wanted to spend her college years in another part of the country.....let us pray that is not the case...

yikes................guess you need the offer first............now I can be disappointed!!

Top 2018 recruit Charli Collier (@CharliC_14) received a scholarship offer Sunday during her unofficial visit with @UConnWBB

Reaction Score
I forgot that she was an early Texas commitment before she opened up to recruiting from other schools just like Sedona Prince..............she may want to wait awhile before making a final choice..................

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I don't see many of the top 2018 players making early verbals. I think this season may well determine the direction that these players take as this is UCONN's "rebuilding" season. If another team that these players are considering cannot win a championship of at least get to the FF that will increase UCONN's chances of landing some of these players. If UCONN winsthe championship this season you can pretty much pencil in a few of the 2018 recruits to UCONN.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I forgot that she was an early Texas commitment before she opened up to recruiting from other schools just like Sedona Prince....she may want to wait awhile before making a final choice...

I know what! Let's start a Collier watch thread right now and keep checking, checking, checking. We can easily beat the "old" record if we just focus on what's important! (Where is that dripping sarcasm emoticon when you need it?) I'll settle for: Head bang

Reaction Score
I blame that one on the high school coach...
Why? I think Mo said that after visiting UConn she knew that's where she wanted to go. Given that many of the top recruits at least kick the tires on UConn, you can't blame the high school coach for what happens on a recruiting visit or how the kids feel when they get to Storrs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some words from Charli. Does Megan share this view?

"There's just something different about them. They work hard, and they're in great shape which lets them do that and it shows in their play. They pay attention to little details and little things and they do them until they get it right. And when Coach Auriemma says something, they listen."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We know one place where this is definitely true:

"I want to go to a place with a family feel and play with great teammates and play for a coach that will bring out the best in me," Collier said. "I want to go somewhere that I know after four years I'll be a better player and person."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My comment was intended as a joke as she was home schooled.

So she didn't play high school ball? Can't skate on that excuse TT. Your humor was a little too thin for some.

Jefferson played five varsity seasons with the Texas Home Educators Sports Association (THESA) as a homeschooled athlete. Jefferson began playing with THESA's varsity squad as an eighth grader and compiled 509 points, 85 rebounds, 87 assists. In her freshman year she started in 50 of 51 games played and averaged 19.5 ppg., 1.7 rpg., 1.7 apg. and 2.8 spg. to help THESA to a 42-10 record. As a sophomore, Jefferson averaged 17.5 ppg. to help her team to a 42-9 record. During her junior year, she started all 50 games and averaged 21.8 ppg., 5.0 rpg., 4.0 apg. and 4.0 spg. in aiding her team to a 42-8 record. As a senior, she averaged 17.3 ppg., 3.8 rpg., 3.6 apg. and 5.1 spg. to lead her team to a 41-6 record. Jefferson helped lead the Riders to five NCHBC basketball titles and five NCHBC Texas Region titles and finished her career 3,354 points, 825 rebounds and 728 steals in her career.[1]

Moriah Jefferson - Wikipedia

Think emoticon ... yes? Like this maybe?
cigarsmiley.jpg
Or :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member