Charli Collier Visiting UConn This Weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Charli Collier Visiting UConn This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, they do have a beautiful and huge bookstore. We stopped there a dozen years ago when my daughter was looking at schools. It was brand new at that time, and it was quite impressive.

Oh, she didn't go to ND, too far away... she went to MHC.

Mount Holyoke College?
If so, did she like it? My sister in law went there quite a few years ago and loved it. More recently, several girls from our soccer club have also gone there, graduated and continued to move upwards and onwards, while being supportive alums.

The ND Bookstore is the Costco of collegiate bookstores, save for everything is an ND. You get headaches trying to make up your mind what to purchase. Thank heavens my youngest just looks at my choices and selects the right one.

Reaction Score
Wait! Is Sam Brunelle confirmed? Please say it's so.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Danielle Cosgrove from Long Island.

DC hasn't mentioned anything about attending on twitter....BTW she has a broken nose but it playing through it with a mask............

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Finally direct word from CC

Charli Collier™‏@CharliC_14
2708.png
2708.png
Connecticut tomorrow #UConn

What will we do if some other University gets a 3 or 4 plane announcement! The Horror. :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Mount Holyoke College?
If so, did she like it? My sister in law went there quite a few years ago and loved it. More recently, several girls from our soccer club have also gone there, graduated and continued to move upwards and onwards, while being supportive alums.

The ND Bookstore is the Costco of collegiate bookstores, save for everything is an ND. You get headaches trying to make up your mind what to purchase. Thank heavens my youngest just looks at my choices and selects the right one.

Been meaning to ask how people are holding up with the 2-4 season? Yeah, it's a digression I know.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Been meaning to ask how people are holding up with the 2-4 season? Yeah, it's a digression I know.

Thanks for asking. Using my classmates, friends, daughter and her friends (juniors at ND) as a sampling, not really well. Quite candidly, most folks -- from casual to intense -- thought the program had gotten to the stage where 2-4 was not going to be( in) the discussion.

The intense "football first, second, third and 'what other sports do we have?' group" was calling for Defensive Coordinator Van Gorder's scalp (which they got after the Duke game), but the loss in the hurricane to NC State didn't exactly quell the discontent on Head Coach Brian Kelly . Stay tuned to see how we do against Stanford, which is having some issues this year, as well.

For less intense fans, it's not as gnawing, but you want them to be as competitive as they had been the last few years. Hopefully, there's some learning being done by the adults in the house, as well.

Barring a complete collapse, Kelly is not going anywhere, but the major steps backward on defense since Bob Diaco left for -- well, look what we have here -- UConn, are wide-ranging (from personnel and philosophy to execution).

Luckily, I also like the other futbol and both the ND guys and girls are doing well (the guys in particular). In fact, I'm going to go watch ND vs UNC women in an hour or so....always a competitive match.

Reaction Score
Mount Holyoke College? If so, did she like it? My sister in law went there quite a few years ago and loved it. More recently, several girls from our soccer club have also gone there, graduated and continued to move upwards and onwards, while being supportive alums...
Yes, Mount Holyoke. She loved it; loves it even more now. A women’s college isn’t for everyone. Generally, the girls that go to a women’s college are more interested in academic achievement and what that will do for them over partying, socializing, or sports. It was grueling for her. But, it definitely paid off. At 30 she has a house, a husband, a 2 year old (JavaWoman and I like this part the best), two master’s degrees, and a Ph.D., all achieved while working full-time since day one after graduating college. Upwards and onwards for sure. I'm a happy papa ...even though she didn't play basketball.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Yes, Mount Holyoke. She loved it; loves it even more now. A women’s college isn’t for everyone. Generally, the girls that go to a women’s college are more interested in academic achievement and what that will do for them over partying, socializing, or sports. It was grueling for her. But, it definitely paid off. At 30 she has a house, a husband, a 2 year old (JavaWoman and I like this part the best), two master’s degrees, and a Ph.D., all achieved while working full-time since day one after graduating college. Upwards and onwards for sure. I'm a happy papa ...even though she didn't play basketball.

As a fellow dad, that brings a huge smile to my face. Congrats, Dad.
One of my daughters went to a former women's college -- Conn College -- and she's going to jump into the doctoral progam (knock on wood). She's just as driven -- if not more so -- in her academic pursuits as she was in her soccer and lacrosse games (but I see the same rigor and gleam in her eye).
;)

Reaction Score
Mount Holyoke College?

Pronounced by locals---Mount hole yoke College Hole yoke is said fast. A professor I had was a Holyoke native. And insisted we speak it properly. (no extra credit however)

Reaction Score
What will we do if some other University gets a 3 or 4 plane announcement! The Horror. :eek:
I'll jump off the Charter Oak Bridge---just hope there will be water in with all this global warming The Connecticut may dry up
Here in Canada it's 5 degrees and I suppose I'll have to jump off a Pont . And no sight of Kia anywhere to be found.
Rocky---you must know us UC WBB fans are serious about the recruits we want!!

Reaction Score
I
Welcome, Charli! I hope you have a great time and will come back--for an extended visit. :D
second that---She'd be a great addition and certainly a huge stepping stone to 4 more NC's I suddenly feel like a glutton !!

Reaction Score
Thanks for asking. Using my classmates, friends, daughter and her friends (juniors at ND) as a sampling, not really well. Quite candidly, most folks -- from casual to intense -- thought the program had gotten to the stage where 2-4 was not going to be( in) the discussion.

Luckily, I also like the other futbol and both the ND guys and girls are doing well (the guys in particular). In fact, I'm going to go watch ND vs UNC women in an hour or so....always a competitive match.

Thought I'd throw this OT news item to an ND fan if you haven't seen it already:

Cable Joins Badgers’ Staff

Former Notre Dame standout Madison Cable has joined the Wisconsin staff. Initially, Cable will serve as an administrative assistant for the Badgers. She plans on entering graduate school in January, and then she will become a graduate assistant coach.

“I am very excited to welcome Madison Cable to the Wisconsin women’s basketball family,” head coach Jonathan Tsipis said. “I was fortunate enough to recruit and coach Madison while I was at Notre Dame. Her playing career is what we strive for here at Wisconsin as she continued to become a more accomplished player and leader each season with the Irish. Our student-athletes will benefit greatly from Madison.”

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Thought I'd throw this OT news item to an ND fan if you haven't seen it already:

Cable Joins Badgers’ Staff

Former Notre Dame standout Madison Cable has joined the Wisconsin staff. Initially, Cable will serve as an administrative assistant for the Badgers. She plans on entering graduate school in January, and then she will become a graduate assistant coach.

“I am very excited to welcome Madison Cable to the Wisconsin women’s basketball family,” head coach Jonathan Tsipis said. “I was fortunate enough to recruit and coach Madison while I was at Notre Dame. Her playing career is what we strive for here at Wisconsin as she continued to become a more accomplished player and leader each season with the Irish. Our student-athletes will benefit greatly from Madison.”

Thanks for posting -- both Maddie and Mike have gone the assistant/grad assistant route: Madison up at Mad City and Michaela Mabrey went down to Miami to join Katie Meier's staff at University of Miami. (If there is any interest, we're pretty certain the third graduating senior -- Hannah Huffman -- joined one of the Big4 firms.) Good choice for Mabrey1 -- she's played for Meier before and I can see their personalities being simpatico. Good for Maddie and Mike!

Michaela Mabrey Bio

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'd guess the fewer planes, the better.

I'd guess the fewer planes, the better. Probably refers to the number of planes it took to get to a given campus.

Would only be a two hour drive to get to Waco or Austin.

Reaction Score
My DD (darling daughter) went to an all girls catholic high school. We aren't Catholic but I was coaching the girls basketball team and the price and academics were "outstanding". She received interest from MHC. I researched and told her to check it out. She had a fit! "All girls college dad? Ain't happenin"

Reaction Score
My DD (darling daughter) went to an all girls catholic high school. We aren't Catholic but I was coaching the girls basketball team and the price and academics were "outstanding". She received interest from MHC. I researched and told her to check it out. She had a fit! "All girls college dad? Ain't happenin"
In the early 60s, I scratched ND off my list because it was an all boys school. But kept the West Point because of the military structure. Then I came to my senses and enrolled at Oregon (all for the love of a girl)...:)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do we know if Charli and Sam or any of the other recruits that attended received scholarship offers?
Charli is class of 2018. The other visitors, including Sam, were from 2019. I don't know for sure, but I'd expect that Charli has an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom