BYU suspensions?? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

BYU suspensions??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BYU lost a TON for this game. TON. Williams is a HUGE loss. Like I've said before Hill, is a poor, poor passer. If UConn can keep Hill in the pocket, you have a shot to win. BYU doesn't have a lot of depth, and their RB's behind Hill aren't anything too scary. Hine is fast, but has never done anything on the field. The other guys are big and bruisers, but aren't very fast. The name of the game is contain, contain, contain. Keep Hill in the pocket. He can't throw from the pocket and he can't outrun you in the pocket. Once he gets outside the guards, that is when he will kill you.

Reaction Score
BYU lost a TON for this game. TON. Williams is a HUGE loss. Like I've said before Hill, is a poor, poor passer. If UConn can keep Hill in the pocket, you have a shot to win. BYU doesn't have a lot of depth, and their RB's behind Hill aren't anything too scary. Hine is fast, but has never done anything on the field. The other guys are big and bruisers, but aren't very fast. The name of the game is contain, contain, contain. Keep Hill in the pocket. He can't throw fro you aren't m the pocket and he can't outrun you in the pocket. Once he gets outside the guards, that is when he will kill you.

Well C-Lover I suspected from your first post that you're an imposter and this post just about seals it up that you are. You said the RBs behind Williams are nothing special but you are very wrong. A. Brown saw quite a lot of PT last season and he showed he's a very gifted runner. Lasike was almost brand new to football, having been one of the top rugby players in his native New Zealand, actually turning down the opportunity to play full time for his national team in order to learn and play football. In one game when Williams had a concussion Lasike rushed for over 100 yards, all he needed was a chance. Now turning to Hill and his passing, I hope they make him pass. After the first 3 games last year his passing efficiency steadily climbed. Of course Year fans only thought of his poor passing performance early. He was only a sophomore last year for Pete's sake who only got bit parts his freshman years except the 2 games he started.

Mark my word, Taysom Hill will keep improving his passing until he becomes a terror to opponents.

Reaction Score
BYU lost a TON for this game. TON. Williams is a HUGE loss. Like I've said before Hill, is a poor, poor passer. If UConn can keep Hill in the pocket, you have a shot to win. BYU doesn't have a lot of depth, and their RB's behind Hill aren't anything too scary. Hine is fast, but has never done anything on the field. The other guys are big and bruisers, but aren't very fast. The name of the game is contain, contain, contain. Keep Hill in the pocket. He can't throw fro you aren't m the pocket and he can't outrun you in the pocket. Once he gets outside the guards, that is when he will kill you.

Well CLover I suspected
To be honest, I was hoping Williams' public tweeting about his suspension would have raised enough ire (or conversation) e.nough to overturn the suspension and allow him to play a!t the Rent I. thought that the weeks between his announcing his own suspension and the actual BYU confirmation might have been an indication that they were at least considering lifting the suspension. Oh well.

One week from today!!!

One thing about BYU and Bronco is that he won't reverse his decision despite how many people ask him to. A player will always be suspended for the length of time he gives them. About the closest he's come to giving in was last year when a LB named Hadley was suspended "indefinitely". Bronco said the suspension would continue until Hadley met certain conditions were met. The university gave him conditions, the AD gave him conditions, and so did Bronco. Everyone was surprised when he was playing after 3 games but the AD said he'd met with everyone involved and Hadley had done everything he was given to do. I wish you could see Williams, he's such a smooth runner, its just a joy to watch.

Reaction Score
Well C-Lover I suspected from your first post that you're an imposter and this post just about seals it up that you are. You said the RBs behind Williams are nothing special but you are very wrong. A. Brown saw quite a lot of PT last season and he showed he's a very gifted runner. Lasike was almost brand new to football, having been one of the top rugby players in his native New Zealand, actually turning down the opportunity to play full time for his national team in order to learn and play football. In one game when Williams had a concussion Lasike rushed for over 100 yards, all he needed was a chance. Now turning to Hill and his passing, I hope they make him pass. After the first 3 games last year his passing efficiency steadily climbed. Of course Year fans only thought of his poor passing performance early. He was only a sophomore last year for Pete's sake who only got bit parts his freshman years except the 2 games he started.

Mark my word, Taysom Hill will keep improving his passing until he becomes a terror to opponents.

Yeah, I outed myself because I believe Williams is a great RB and his backups are average.

This is how it is in BYU fandome. If you don't believe every QB is a Heisman finalist or every backup is better than the starter, then you are a Utah fan in hiding.

Taysom sucks at throwing the ball. There is no stat, video, clip, interview that says otherwise. It is what it is. He is an amazing athlete playing QB. Same with Williams. Losing him is huge. Unlike most BYU fans, I respect UConn, I remember Virginia, Utah, Wisconsin, Washington and I realize that losing Williams is a HUGE blow to our offense. Toss in losing Kurtz to injury and Blackman to suspension and maybe starting multiple freshman on the OL? Wow. That's a tall order to overcome. Then, toss in all the losses on defense for this game?

UConn may not be great, but they still have BCS players, which may be more than we have given all the injuries/suspensions. This game could easily be Virginia again (and we weren't missing Williams, two WR's our starting CB's, DT, etc).

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Wow - This BYU squad seems to have some discipline issues/not doing what your are told issues.

Seems like they have 'individuals' more than a 'team' philosophy and that could bode well on the field when they start doing their own thing as opposed to maybe following assignments.

Time will tell.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Is this a Honor Code suspension or something different? Suddenly, the +17 is looking like +170. That's too bad too...I enjoy watching our best against the opponent's best. I'm sure BYU's backups are good. But they're not "1st team" good. At least, not yet.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
They say our gripes about their middle-aged players is our pre-loss excuse.

Now they have an excuse of their own for their loss tomorrow night.

Tit for tat.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This is almost scaring me. They have so many suspensions that it almost feels like how can we lose. They are starting 2 true freshmen on the OL, a guy at CB who has never taken a snap there. It's scary because if we lose we have lost to a team that seems to be very depleted.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Place those +17 UCONN bets now! Happy I locked mine in a while ago before the Honor Code violations hit.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Tit for tat.
There is no excuse. Players are made aware of what goes into attending BYU. If BYU loses, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Reaction Score

Tit for tat.

Tit for tat? The Cougars got tats? Is that against their honor code, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom