BYU suspensions?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BYU suspensions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's right you play with who you have. Whatever these suspensions are has been hinted about for a couple months so no sudden surprise. With our strict rules (holding hands and drinking caffeine are not a problem) we have these suspensions from time to time. I'm really looking forward to Aug 29th at the Rent. Haven't been to Connecticut before.
Welcome Gaston! THIS LINK will give you some choices of things you can do while you are here. I hope you enjoy visiting the Rent (except for the outcome) and Connecticut.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I thought you got Accelerated Rehab for subsequent missteps. Check out Mystic Seaport and New London Gastoncoug. Gillettes Castle State Park is unique. Rt 156 from Rt 82 to Lyme is a nice ride without any strip malls if you want to see old New England.

New London is just about the last place I'd recommend anyone from out of state visiting. Lived there for 1.5 years, the town is a dump.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm kind of bummed that BYU is going to come in here with all of these suspensions. Yes, suspensions happen (we've had our fair share too). But I always like the idea of lining up our best 11 against their best 11 and see who wins.

Aside: I am simply amazed that Bronco Mendenhall and staff can recruit anyone to play at BYU given the strict rules against drinking/s e x. Geez, if those rules were applied all across the country we would see teams gutted with suspensions. Kudos to BYU for playing (and recruiting) with character!

Reaction Score
Its really a shame that you'll miss seeing Williams even though it will hurt our offense. He's an 19 year old jr and he's just a fun player to watch. If you appreciate a player that just never quits and plays like he absolutely loves what he's doing, regardless of the team he plays for Jamaal would be your type of player. I admire that he announced his suspension, most players don't, and I hope by doing that its helped him mature and avoid infractions in the future. Playing at BYU isn't an easy task because of the Honor Code, especially for non-LDS kids. Jamaal has vowed to use this experience to help him by his recommitment to live by the rules he signed on to follow. Many non-LDS players choose to transfer after something like this, even some LDS players do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LDS instituted rules against drinking and tobacco in the 1830's because too many people attended meetings drunk and tobacco stained. I'll drink to that.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Its really a shame that you'll miss seeing Williams even though it will hurt our offense. He's an 19 year old jr and he's just a fun player to watch. If you appreciate a player that just never quits and plays like he absolutely loves what he's doing, regardless of the team he plays for Jamaal would be your type of player. I admire that he announced his suspension, most players don't, and I hope by doing that its helped him mature and avoid infractions in the future. Playing at BYU isn't an easy task because of the Honor Code, especially for non-LDS kids. Jamaal has vowed to use this experience to help him by his recommitment to live by the rules he signed on to follow. Many non-LDS players choose to transfer after something like this, even some LDS players do.

Sorry I have to ask but what is "LDS"? Is that something related to the Mormon faith?

I agree. I wish Williams was playing too. I like the best playing against the best from each team and hate when suspensions and injuries (but especially suspensions) get in the way of that. You're right though, it sounds like this kid has a tremendous amount of accountability and is taking responsibility for his actions. It's actually kind of refreshing to see.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I feel so bad about the suspensions I sent a large care package to the BYU players dorms containing Hustler mags, cartons of cigs and gallons of Vodka.

We need more suspensions.

Can you imagine how many suspensions would be at Da U? There wouldn't be enough players to field a team on a yearly basis. Would be a fun bowl game though: "Boatz n' Hoez" vs "Just Say No"

Reaction Score
LDS=Latter Day Saints, the more "formal" name for the religion.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Sorry I have to ask but what is "LDS"? Is that something related to the Mormon faith?

I agree. I wish Williams was playing too. I like the best playing against the best from each team and hate when suspensions and injuries (but especially suspensions) get in the way of that. You're right though, it sounds like this kid has a tremendous amount of accountability and is taking responsibility for his actions. It's actually kind of refreshing to see.

Latter-day Saints

https://www.lds.org/?lang=eng

Dooley

Reaction Score
Thanks guys. I'm about as obtuse as they come when it comes to religions.

Reaction Score
A team like BYU will adjust to the loss and still be quite formidable.

Dooley

Reaction Score
A team like BYU will adjust to the loss and still be quite formidable.

Agreed. I'm not saying that we're going to now romp them because of their suspensions. They have depth at most positions and will still be one of our toughest games on the schedule. We need a sold-out and boisterous Rent to support our guys! #HuskyUp

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Jay Bilas‏@JayBilas 7m
Good work in this BYU Football lip sync battle: http://Post original url/1o9D5R3 They had too much fun for it not to be an honor code violation.
Charlotte, NC

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I heard they got suspended for this...

Is that pork? The entire offensive line is up for review.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Let Diaco Succeed. They are big UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Jamaal Williams might be reinstaed before the game. Also we're not expecting many suspensions because it was all hyped up media reports by a local radio stations about NCAA violations. It came out it was all much ado about nothing because it was probably just some free socks.

But even if there were suspensions, BYU is still favored by 16 points. We have enough on offense to handle things. Our QB is one of the best runners in college football and can beat teams on his own even if everyone else is not playing. Ask Texas what I'm talking about.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I sure hope Jamaal is reinstated. As I've said before, I want our best against your best. Should be a great, competitive game!

Reaction Score
Jamaal Williams might be reinstaed before the game. Also we're not expecting many suspensions because it was all hyped up media reports by a local radio stations about NCAA violations. It came out it was all much ado about nothing because it was probably just some free socks.

But even if there were suspensions, BYU is still favored by 16 points. We have enough on offense to handle things. Our QB is one of the best runners in college football and can beat teams on his own even if everyone else is not playing. Ask Texas what I'm talking about.

Uconn coaches, players and fans want our best players lined up against your best players just as "Dooley stated. "BYU Dad" nothing personal, but I hope your not tinking BYU is just going to come to the Rent AKA Dog Pound and easily handle Uconn right? ask Michigan what I'm talking about. That wasnt an easy win for them.

Reaction Score
Sorry about the tone from BYU Dad.

Given our experience at Virginia last year, I guarantee you that the players/coaches (and any reasonable fans) take UCONN very seriously. We don't have any room to brag given our traditional slow starts.

fyi - Jamaal Williams will indeed be suspended for the first game.

Reaction Score
KC Cougar,

It won't be the easiest game for BYU this season since its on the road but BYU shouldn't have much trouble. I don't know if I would put money on covering the spread (I don't gamble anyway) because 16 points feels like alot.

Reaction Score
KC Cougar,

It won't be the easiest game for BYU this season since its on the road but BYU shouldn't have much trouble. I don't know if I would put money on covering the spread (I don't gamble anyway) because 16 points feels like alot.

I don't get it. You say it wont be the easiest game. But then you say BYU shouldn't have much trouble......... but then you say 16 points is too much to take.........Where are you at with this game? Are you like positive its going to be 14 or something. I'll tell you what. With the excitement of HCBD's first game and the overall pent up energy and enthusiasm our fan base has right now to go along with some clear talent (sidenote: I've been waiting for this senior class for the last 2 years/even though we lost a handful of very quality key players to draft and transfer........T. Brown, Y Smallwood, S. Phillips, L. McCombs, X. Hemingway there is still very notable talent.) with all of that said I would put the spread at something much more reasonable, a spread that aptly conveys the raucous rentschler field BYU is going to see and heart of this new found team I would put it at BYU favored by 4. Word of warning, don't go getting your heart broke because you had no idea that UCONN could play that well. And definitely don't act like some of the Michigan fans I was sitting by. In the beginning of the game acting all cordial and polite because deep down inside they expected an ass whooping and then when we went up 21-7 and their panic attack symptoms started to kick in then they choose to be disrespectful, and shallow. True colors exposed. Talk all the trash you want though go ahead, you can only set yourself up for major disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom