BYU suspensions?? | The Boneyard

BYU suspensions??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sounds like a fair bit of pre-marital hand holding going on.

I think you folks are reading this wrong. Isn't it, BYU players did something really, really bad resulting in the NCAA suspending four UCONN players?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This sounds like it would be short sighted on their part.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I heard it's the whole offense, rumor has it they forgot their prayer stuff during summer practice,maybe it's karma for having no booze during their games,so what does that make us now? 3 TD favorites???!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I heard it's the whole offense, rumor has it they forgot their prayer stuff during summer practice,maybe it's karma for having no booze during their games,so what does that make us now? 3 TD favorites???!!!!!!!!
Starting RB Jamaal Williams announced he is suspended for UCONN game.

Reaction Score
Do you have a link? (Not that you aren't credible;))

Start here... BYU Beat Writer for Salt Lake Tribune:

@drewjay: BYU RB Jamaal Williams just confirmed that he will be suspended for the Cougars' opener vs. UConn, will not play.

@drewjay: BYU's Williams said his punishment is from a combination of the spring under age drinking incident and a subsequent misstep.

Reaction Score

@drewjay: BYU RB Jamaal Williams just confirmed that he will be suspended for the Cougars' opener vs. UConn, will not play.

@drewjay: BYU's Williams said his punishment is from a combination of the spring under age drinking incident and a subsequent misstep.
Probably a couple starting DBs also. We're very deep at RB, so even though Williams is a stud, if OL is improved should be ok. DB much deeper than usual, but if true a big concern.

Reaction Score

Thank you

Reaction Score
Probably a couple starting DBs also. We're very deep at RB, so even though Williams is a stud, if OL is improved should be ok. DB much deeper than usual, but if true a big concern.

Appreciate your sharing bad news for BYU fans. There will still be 11 guys on both sides who have to get it done, but multiple suspensions have to be a disruption for coaches and players.

Reaction Score
Appreciate your sharing bad news for BYU fans. There will still be 11 guys on both sides who have to get it done, but multiple suspensions have to be a disruption for coaches and players.
That's right you play with who you have. Whatever these suspensions are has been hinted about for a couple months so no sudden surprise. With our strict rules (holding hands and drinking caffeine are not a problem) we have these suspensions from time to time. I'm really looking forward to Aug 29th at the Rent. Haven't been to Connecticut before.

Reaction Score
I thought you got Accelerated Rehab for subsequent missteps. Check out Mystic Seaport and New London Gastoncoug. Gillettes Castle State Park is unique. Rt 156 from Rt 82 to Lyme is a nice ride without any strip malls if you want to see old New England.

Reaction Score
Why the religious jokes? I hardly live like a Mormon but atleast they're coming to the Rent.

I am not a fan of any religion, but I have to give BYU a nod for not putting football first. I am not sure the punishment fits the 'crime' but when you commit there you know rules. Schools like FSU should take notice.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Starting RB Jamaal Williams announced he is suspended for UCONN game.
Get $&k out !!!!!! Awesome I believe had a 1000 yes last season,now were 4 td favorites

Reaction Score
I am not a fan of any religion, but I have to give BYU a nod for not putting football first. I am not sure the punishment fits the 'crime' but when you commit there you know rules. Schools like FSU should take notice.
Try Cougarboard (visitors dislike the layout so if you go use the search and catagory options) also cougarfan. For blogs Cougaraccess covers multiple sites including loyalcougars and vanquishthefoe. If you have BYUTV they have a sports show every weekday at noon ET. UConn is discussed quite a bit being the 1st game. Realize BYU fans expect a win at The Rent just as we did at Uva last year so you'll hear lots of optimism mixed with caution concerning UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom