Butler post game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Butler post game thread

Reaction Score
Agree that DC provides lots of impact when he is on defense. I believe that he can be so much better on offense, especially on his put backs and FTs.

The same can be said for TN as he has been inconsistent from game to game. Yes, he generally achieves his per game scoring average mainly via FTs; but he is surely capable of scoring more, as was evidenced in the KS game. He was 3-11 and 1-3 shooting yesterday for 9 pts. Imagine a steady 20 pts/game. I believe that he is certainly capable of doing that.

Reaction Score
I’m sick and tired of XL criticism. Crowd was great last night! I love games at both venues. It’s nice to see the arena full before tip off. Still hate casuals leaving early, but they do it at Gampel too, maybe even more. The flow of the game determines how the crowd responds. The crowd was cheering loudly most defensive possessions in the second half when they got closer. Forgot who said it, but it was better than the Providence game at Gampel last week. And those who say the XL is a Dump, F off. I’m there to watch the game. Don’t care about vendors, concourse, food, bathrooms. Been to
MSG and I’d still rather watch in XL! Way more intimate. Closer to the court even in upper level. Slam me!

It’s funny that we have page after page of XL criticism when everyone who attended said it was full and pretty loud. Basically they poorly mic’d up the crowd and now we have incessant bitshing and a guy saying this is why we aren’t a blue blood.

Reaction Score
Not to derail yet another discussion about our school's arenas...

But I just re-watched the game (I was there in person) and to me, it looked like Posh did intentionally undercut Clingan at midcourt. Did anyone else who re-watched agree with this? was there any discussion in the chat about this? I am not sure why he did it, maybe to try to draw something but to me it looked he purposely leaned into Clingan as he ran by. Sorta like a hockey hip check.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

But I just re-watched the game (I was there in person) and to me, it looked like Posh did intentionally undercut Clingan at midcourt. Did anyone else who re-watched agree with this? was there any discussion in the chat about this? I am not sure why he did it, maybe to try to draw something but to me it looked he purposely leaned into Clingan as he ran by. Sorta like a hockey hip check.
What I saw was that Posh volitionally backed his butt into DC as he moved his body away from where the ball was.

Reaction Score
Compare his numbers to Hassan Diarra or Ball--He'd have no where to play.

I threw Spencer in there for the heck of it :D

PlayerMinPTSTRBAST
Diarra195.62.92.3
Timberlake10.73.41.50.5
Ball17.14.41.40.4
Spencer3315.54.53.2
It’s amazing how good Diarra really is. Diarra is kinda shackled by limited minutes, and deferring to the starters when he plays, but the guy makes us better, whenever he is on the court. I’m actually excited to see what he does next year, when he gets more minutes and less of a leash.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It’s amazing how good Diarra really is. Diarra is kinda shackled by limited minutes, and deferring to the starters when he plays, but the guy makes us better, whenever he is on the court. I’m actually excited to see what he does next year, when he gets more minutes and less of a leash.
I have no idea what kind of defense Timberlake provides, but while he doesn't stack up to what Diarra provides, the numbers you've posted don't imply he couldn't replace Ball. And with DH's coaching, who knows if he'd be even better?

Reaction Score

Clingan fouled him quite hard not long after. I want shocked.

Reaction Score
He’s improved a lot in the past year. He fits right in.

Reaction Score
He’s improved a lot in the past year. He fits right in.
When he initially arrived I was thankful Gaffney was gone and didn’t really care how good Diarra was since he wasn’t going to play much anyway. Now I look forward to Diarra entering the game. It’s amazing how much better Diarra has become. He must have put in a tremendous amount of hard work.
Nothing against Gaffney but he didn’t fit in here but to his credit, he’s doing well for Houston.

Reaction Score
When he initially arrived I was thankful Gaffney was gone and didn’t really care how good Diarra was since he wasn’t going to play much anyway. Now I look forward to Diarra entering the game. It’s amazing how much better Diarra has become. He must have put in a tremendous amount of hard work.
Nothing against Gaffney but he didn’t fit in here but to his credit, he’s doing well for Houston.
Houston?

Reaction Score
Just got back home. I've defended the civic center for a long time, but we should never play another game in Hartford. The students are silent there now for whatever reason. We're the number 1 team in the country and play half our games on a borderline neutral court. I know the people who don't live in the area and attend games are probably sick of the argument. However, it's gotten worse than the AAC days downtown. I can't articulate how bad it's gotten. If you've been to games this year, you know.
Maybe the fans are just spoiled. It's hard to get excited about a game when your team is ranked #1, playing a team you beat by 7 away a month earlier playing shorthanded and you're looking to win by 15 going away.
We moved away about 15 years ago and I'll never forget how loud the "Civic Center" got in consecutive games against Syracuse and Georgetown in 1990 and many other games as well over the years we had season tickets to the CC and Gampel.
Even back in the 90's people often commented about how the CC wasn't a good home court but I felt it was electric in big games and not much different than Gampel in OOC games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom