Butler post game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Butler post game thread

Reaction Score
Just got back home. I've defended the civic center for a long time, but we should never play another game in Hartford. The students are silent there now for whatever reason. We're the number 1 team in the country and play half our games on a borderline neutral court. I know the people who don't live in the area and attend games are probably sick of the argument. However, it's gotten worse than the AAC days downtown. I can't articulate how bad it's gotten. If you've been to games this year, you know.
“A borderline neutral court”. You obviously haven’t been to a game there this year. Total joke of a comment!

Reaction Score
Maybe the fans are just spoiled. It's hard to get excited about a game when your team is ranked #1, playing a team you beat by 7 away a month earlier playing shorthanded and you're looking to win by 15 going away.
We moved away about 15 years ago and I'll never forget how loud the "Civic Center" got in consecutive games against Syracuse and Georgetown in 1990 and many other games as well over the years we had season tickets to the CC and Gampel.
Even back in the 90's people often commented about how the CC wasn't a good home court but I felt it was electric in big games and not much different than Gampel in OOC games.
It’s the same as you recall. Crowd was great! The guy that said it’s a neutral court is a tool.

Reaction Score
“A borderline neutral court”. You obviously haven’t been to a game there this year. Total joke of a comment!
the term neutral court implies a 50/50 split of fans. Big East teams are bringing a infinitesimal fraction of that to Hartford.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I'm kind of curious as to what goes into capturing crowd sounds at a game. Like literally, what mikes are meant to pick that up, and if there is an art to it, and if some crews are better than others with it. I've heard many times that a game was loud in person but it felt sleepy on TV.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of curious as to what goes into capturing crowd sounds at a game. Like literally, what mikes are meant to pick that up, and if there is an art to it, and if some crews are better than others with it. I've heard many times that a game was loud in person but it felt sleepy on TV.
I think there is technology that can dampen crowd noise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom