Brimah is having one of the better season on the Huskies. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brimah is having one of the better season on the Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO is objectively a good defensive coach. He doesn't adjust his offensive schemes to our personnel, which is a problem. The offense looks fine with good pnr guards and wings who can shoot so he either needs to do a better job of adjusting his scheme or recruit to his offensive system with more skilled, high IQ guys. Polley looks like a good fit at the 4 but I really wish we targeted Tremont more.

Reaction Score
KO is objectively a good defensive coach. He doesn't adjust his offensive schemes to our personnel, which is a problem. The offense looks fine with good pnr guards and wings who can shoot so he either needs to do a better job of adjusting his scheme or recruit to his offensive system with more skilled, high IQ guys. Polley looks like a good fit at the 4 but I really wish we targeted Tremont more.

I think we did really good with Alterique and MAL that won't be the issue moving forward. The bigs and wings as you say will be though.

Reaction Score
I was only listing front court players if you can read genius. Give me a break with CV, shooting 36% and averaging 1 APG on a terrible team. He's only playing because Gilbert is hurt and will be the 5th guard next year if Diallo comes. I'll wait a little while before determining whether he's playing above his ranking. I know in 2-3 years if our best players are Diarra, Carlton and CV we won't be worried about our NCAA seeding.

Enoch was 85, didn't list him.

He gets them from whatever source helps justify his narrative the best. Facey is the Rivals 65 because that paints him as a bigger disappointment than if he used the sites that had him in the 80's, 90's or out of the top 100. Christian Vital is not included on his list of players because he's obviously much better than his 166 ranking on 247, and that wouldn't fit into his message that we shouldn't be recruiting guys with that big a number next to their name.

Reaction Score
I was only listing front court players if you can read genius. Give me a break with CV, shooting 36% and averaging 1 APG on a terrible team. He's only playing because Gilbert is hurt and will be the 5th guard next year if Diallo comes. I'll wait a little while before determining whether he's playing above his ranking. I know in 2-3 years if our best players are Diarra, Carlton and CV we won't be worried about our NCAA seeding.

Enoch was 85, didn't list him.

Not sure what you're watching or is is just what you want to see? CV is a nice player and will only get better, to not see he is a great find is being blind. Not a great player yet, but certainly is playing well above expectations and we are very lucky he came here.

Reaction Score
He looks promising vs. his ranking, just hard to compare freshmen to their rankings so early, especially on a terrible team.

Not sure what you're watching or is is just what you want to see? CV is a nice player and will only get better, to not see he is a great find is being blind. Not a great player yet, but certainly is playing well above expectations and we are very lucky he came here.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Better stats and probably a better player than his freshman year David, .

That was my whole point. I thought I remembered a back and forth where you were saying he had not improved as a sophomore.

I think he is a limited player. Surely, UConn should have a center that can rebound and score and I have always been calling for recruiting beefier bigs (I think you too) while many have pushed for getting more guys on the perimeter and talking positionless basketball.

But our team is better with him than w/o. Which is not sad on Brimah, but on the team

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wait.....WHAAAAAAAA????? Overachieved?? Please tell me this is a joke. The man is a seven footer. Overachieved? We got some real nutso's over here.

Yes. If every player on our team played to their rating as Brimah has played to his (mid 200s), we would be awesome.
And we certainly would not have lost to Wagner and Northeastern with AG, RP, TL, JA and KF on the team.
Or, you could blame our situation on the guy who was never supposed to be, a major D-1 center

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Lol. I thought the argument about 2014 was over. We had 4 legit pros on that team. Ollie did a great job making that team believe they could win it, but the X's and O's were the same. Dribble pass swing around the 3 point line and either drive or shoot. Just happens we had the best player in the country that year and a legit knock down shooter from 3 plus 2 other guys that were great role players. These were all guys recruited and coached by Calhoun btw. Was the players that won that title. KO preached great defense that year, that's about it.

I was in Dallas in 2014 looking from the crowd saying "man we are so lucky to have KO."

....now, just three years later, I'm asking if he'll be around after next season.

Great! Who were those 4 legit pros?

Reaction Score
Uhhhh...Napier, Boat, Giffey and Daniels? (All of whom are currently playing professionally in some capacity)

And....there's your first post of the night? Figures.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Uhhhh...Napier, Boat, Giffey and Daniels? (All of whom are currently playing professionally in some capacity)

I believe your point was that the NC didn't count for Ollie because there was so much talent on the team in 2014. Funny, I think it was our least talented NC team.
We have many years where we have 4 players that go on to play basketball for money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom