Brimah is having one of the better season on the Huskies. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brimah is having one of the better season on the Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess we should just cut him from the team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's Brimah , so I'll live with it. At this point I'll take what I can get. Bashing him is pretty Much useless at this point . It is what it is. If you really look at the whole carreer and when he came here , we probably got more out of the kid than any other program ever could. Let it go , let it go.

Oh that ain't gonna stop nobody man...belieeeeve you me.

Reaction Score
A lot of people say he hasn't improved since his freshman year. Maybe that is true but the talent around him has gotten worse.

Reaction Score
People are focusing way too much on his offensive ability, even if thats a zero, he brings a ton of ability on defense. its just a fact. You have guys on our team right now that aren't bringing anything to the table on either end, and are getting tons of minutes. talk about them being terrible.

Sorry James "ton" is so overblown gtcam and others are right. I have a question, is he really even good at blocking shots? I mean he's windmilling all game, we rarely keep possession on one and even when he's swinging and missing people think he's playing good D? Here's the difference, Thabeet intimidated people, had less chances at blocks because he was a game changer, our guys not. As I've said many times before people did get rebounds around him but rarely went straight up with them when an offensive rebound, usually bringing the ball back out, scared. Guards were less apt to take it to the hole. No one is afraid to do that with AB, they can outsmart him ball fake, get into his chest and score no matter what size. And besides blocking shots, his defense is weak at best because whether you guys like it or not help D and rebounding is a needed quality to be good on defense. 4.7 rebounds and 3 blocks isn't great 4 years later, wish I could give him more credit and agree with you but it's just not right. Is the UConn defense better when he's in, hell yeah look at the other options. And yeah the guards could be better too no doubt, but again he's not better either.

Reaction Score
Guess we should just cut him from the team.

Someone say that? Good kid and would be a great back up playing 10-12 minutes in a really good program.

Reaction Score
Someone say that? Good kid and would be a great back up playing 10-12 minutes in a really good program.

He's a terrible failure, so I'm told. If he got hurt, someone would be talking about addition by subtraction before he was off the court.

Reaction Score
He's a terrible failure, so I'm told. If he got hurt, someone would be talking about addition by subtraction before he was off the court.

He's not a failure and I'm not sure anyone said that. But he shouldn't be a starting "5" for the UConn Huskies program - is this something you disagree with? I mean yeah he should now, but he's part of the situation we're in and what's so bad about being honest?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I just crunched the numbers and Purvis is also having a pretty good season.

Currently Purvis is having his 4th best FG% as a college player.

3pt% also a strong 4th best finish career wise.

Turnovers? You guessed it 4th best year of his career!

In terms of scoring and FT% purvis is having his 3rd best year.

I don't know about you guys, but finishing top 4 in all of those categories is pretty impressive, I think both players are having fantastic seasons.

Reaction Score
He's not a failure and I'm not sure anyone said that. But he shouldn't be a starting "5" for the UConn Huskies program - is this something you disagree with? I mean yeah he should now, but he's part of the situation we're in and what's so bad about being honest?

If you don't agree with the posts I'm referring to, you don't have to respond like I accused you of making them.

Reaction Score
Sorry James "ton" is so overblown gtcam and others are right. I have a question, is he really even good at blocking shots? I mean he's windmilling all game, we rarely keep possession on one and even when he's swinging and missing people think he's playing good D? Here's the difference, Thabeet intimidated people, had less chances at blocks because he was a game changer, our guys not. As I've said many times before people did get rebounds around him but rarely went straight up with them when an offensive rebound, usually bringing the ball back out, scared. Guards were less apt to take it to the hole. No one is afraid to do that with AB, they can outsmart him ball fake, get into his chest and score no matter what size. And besides blocking shots, his defense is weak at best because whether you guys like it or not help D and rebounding is a needed quality to be good on defense. 4.7 rebounds and 3 blocks isn't great 4 years later, wish I could give him more credit and agree with you but it's just not right. Is the UConn defense better when he's in, hell yeah look at the other options. And yeah the guards could be better too no doubt, but again he's not better either.
so brimah is not a good defender? if thats your point then we'll just disagree. i mean, its clear as day the guy alters the performance of the other team with his shot blocking. If you are going to call him terrible , than our guards and other big men are worst than terrible on defense, so whats that?

KenPom Stats Through Game 7 (BU)

Reaction Score
so brimah is not a good defender? if thats your point then we'll just disagree. i mean, its clear as day the guy alters the performance of the other team with his shot blocking. If you are going to call him terrible , than our guards and other big men are worst than terrible on defense, so whats that?

KenPom Stats Through Game 7 (BU)

. . . A bad team!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I don't know about you guys, but finishing top 4 in all of those categories is pretty impressive, I think both players are having fantastic seasons.

Cool post bro, 10/10

Reaction Score
I just wish he could set a screen. I don't think I can seriously blame KO and the staff for the lack of development of him and RP. There is a limited ceiling for guys with poor IQ and no touch. Facey on the other hand bums me out. There is a very good player in there somewhere and KO hasn't been able to tap in.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Cool post bro, 10/10
Since we are busy putting lipstick on a pig I thought you might appreciate it, after all you paint the makeup on with the best of 'em.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Since we are busy putting lipstick on a pig I thought you might appreciate it, after all you paint the makeup on with the best of 'em.

Whatever you frontrunners say to keep yourselves feeling superior.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Whatever you frontrunners say to keep yourselves feeling superior.
The irony behind your feeling superior line only confirms to me that you are completely oblivious.

You can't pass by a critical comment during one of the coldest stretches of UConn ball in the last decade without pulling out your fan card.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
terrible at what? he's a terrible defender now? you should put your focus on our guards, all of them are red carpets. when larrier was healthy he was a red carpet
Larrier is 30 times the player Brimah is.

Reaction Score

At least it's not 5th best. Seriously, he could go off at any time and can 5-7 3's and we're gonna need it. Cmon Rodney!

Reaction Score
If Brimah was averaging 12 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 blocks per 40 minutes on another team, I bet people would die to have him. But because he's doing it for a completely dysfunctional squad, he's terrible.

Look - he's a frustrating player on a team full of frustrating players. He should be better by now.

He's a situational guy, or, in other words, a very useful player when he's not asked to do too much. He's the type of guy you would love to add to a team that is already made or one piece of way, but he's not going to be an anchor. It's fair to question how well he's been coached.

If you want to know why this team has underachieved, Rodney Purvis is the first, second, and third biggest reason. The fourth reason is the fact that, sans Larrier, we have absolutely nothing at the four (this is a double negative, because Ollie's insistence on using Facey at the four has cost us a valuable back-up center, and instead Enoch, a below replacement level player, eats up those minutes), and the fifth reason is that we've yet to get two guards to play well in the same game.

This has been one of those seasons where it's like you're cleaning out an attic. It's a chore and you want to be done with it, but in the process of cleaning the attic you find a couple of salvageable pieces that you can keep. Brimah is one of those pieces.

Reaction Score
Brimah's TOs per 40 minutes are at a career high and Fouls per 40 minutes are the highest since freshman year. And, his FG % (although still high) and his FT %, are at career lows. He is not having a good year.
This. I love the kid but he stinks!

Reaction Score
He has had a way better career than most "projects" at UConn. Not every project can turn out like Hilton Armstrong. Most end up leaving for a different program where they can actually play.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
He has had a way better career than most "projects" at UConn. Not every project can turn out like Hilton Armstrong. Most end up leaving for a different program where they can actually play.
During his recruitment he was rated to be between 2-3 stars . You can still Google that now. 2-3 stars and he was involved in our last championship two years ago. In my eyes he's been a successful " project". The problem is we couldn't recruit a diamond stone, etc. , to make Brimah a talented back- up. That's not his fault.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You shouldn't (and don't) need stats to determine how Brimah is playing so far. The eye test is sufficient. And we have seen him for 4 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom