Brimah is having one of the better season on the Huskies. | The Boneyard

Brimah is having one of the better season on the Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For all the bullspit aimed at him, he's been pretty good.

He plays 23 minutes a game. He scores 7 points and pulls down 5.7 rebounds a game. Not bad numbers for basically half a game.

He has 22 blocks, just over 3 a game, (and many more changes) 2 assists, 2 steals and 9 TOs. He commits about 3 fouls a game and has yet to foul out.

The one place he has fallen off is his FT shooting. He has gotten to the line 28 times, the most of any Husky, but only makes 53%.

He also hustles whenever he is on the floor. You never see him sulk. If he picks up from the foul line, last year he shot 82%, he will have a pretty good year.

Reaction Score
Our Sr center can only stay on the floor for half the game, can't score more than double digits and can't get 6 rebounds. Yeah he's having a good year.

Reaction Score
Brimah's TOs per 40 minutes are at a career high and Fouls per 40 minutes are the highest since freshman year. And, his FG % (although still high) and his FT %, are at career lows. He is not having a good year.

FG% was up in prior years because of lobs to him from DHam. The night he scored 40 certainly helped his % a lot.

Doesn't happen anymore, but I agree that Brimah is more active than ever, and he looks better rebounding.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Brimah's TOs per 40 minutes are at a career high and Fouls per 40 minutes are the highest since freshman year. And, his FG % (although still high) and his FT %, are at career lows. He is not having a good year.
Our Sr center can only stay on the floor for half the game, can't score more than double digits and can't get 6 rebounds. Yeah he's having a good year.
He's comparing brimah to the team. Not his past years or expectations. He addressed those with his bullspit remark. He also said not bad and pretty good.

Reaction Score
That's pretty good stuff for a 4th year guy who had better stats his sophomore year huh? He's had one real good game and one good game, the rest are woefully short of expectations from a guy looked like he could be somewhat decent after his freshman year. While he looks more active it's not bringing anything more to the table sorry. Like the kid and by no means is he the or even a big part of why we're not very good right now. Well he is, but he's actually just doing what we thought he'd be doing which would maybe have been fine if we had a full roster. But just watch around college basketball and then tell me you're happy with him being the same player as he has been for 4 years basically? Lots of skilled bigs out there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It blows my mind that the coaching staff allows Brimah to shoot those ugly one handed freethrows this season. He was actually a good freethrow shooter last year. I'm completely baffled as to why he changed his shooting form and, again, why the staff allows him to shoot like that.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
7 points and 2 to 3 are from the foul line. So that's like 2 baskets/game? Woeful.

Reaction Score
It blows my mind the staff encourages playing 'inside out' with brimah but refuses to teach the bigs good screen setting technique. You can play inside out with the guards touching the paint, you don't need to feed unskilled bigs non stop. He did it last year with nolan, thought it was a fluke, but his offensive philosophy is puzzling to say the least.

Reaction Score
7 points and 2 to 3 are from the foul line. So that's like 2 baskets/game? Woeful.

Also had four rebounds vs BU with 2 of them coming off of foul shots in which he had the advantage - 27 minutes. It's not better I wish it was.

Reaction Score
For all the crap about Amida that is posted on here, I am going to disagree and say he brings a lot to the table. When he is out, we have no rim protector. He changes the game on the defensive end for sure.

My biggest disappointment in Amida is the substantial drop in free throw % from last year. 82% is fantastic for a big man. His form isn't nice like it was last season.

He is who he is. He always plays hard and stays positive. I think some here truly undervalue him.

Reaction Score
For all the crap about Amida that is posted on here, I am going to disagree and say he brings a lot to the table. When he is out, we have no rim protector. He changes the game on the defensive end for sure.

My biggest disappointment in Amida is the substantial drop in free throw % from last year. 82% is fantastic for a big man. His form isn't nice like it was last season.

He is who he is. He always plays hard and stays positive. I think some here truly undervalue him.
Yep, he's still really good defensively. He covers up a lot of adams and purvis head scratching 'over plays'- when they try to jump a passing lane for no reason and kill the defense. Honestly think KO teaches this, but yeah its hard not to see brimah is an impact guy on defense still.

Reaction Score
He's not good because he has zero understanding of basketball principles. He goes for every block and gives up tons of weak side rebounds and interior passes that result in easy hoops. A good rim protector knows when to pick his spots while maintaining the intimidation factor.

AB = BS in football, but at least AB won something, people blindly defend and overlook things because they like their effort

Yep, he's still really good defensively. He covers up a lot of adams and purvis head scratching 'over plays'- when they try to jump a passing lane for no reason and kill the defense. Honestly think KO teaches this, but yeah its hard not to see brimah is an impact guy on defense still.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Being somewhat proficient at blocking shots does not make one, especially a seasoned 4th yr player, a good overall defensive player - especially one who can't stay on the floor due to excessive fouling. Before someone rips me a new one, yes, I know, some of the fouls are very questionable, but that comes with being awkward and slight of build. He still has terrible anticipation, can't gain positioning edge, and leaves his feet way too much.
He is averaging 5.7 rpg in 27 minutes of play per game. KF is averaging 4.6 rpg in less that 17 minutes per game and JA is averaging 5.0 rpg. Brimah should be a double digit rebounder - case closed.
At 7' he should pick up at least 8 garbage pts per game.
I thought that UConn had a blossoming gem after his freshman year. Yes, he has had some physical injuries but his growth is disturbing.
He went to the pro draft camps and said he learned what it would take him to the next level. I rather doubt the scouts told him to add some weight and continue to play as you have been.
He is going to end up being another one of those UConn big guys who have a few games that are gems with a lot more games that are "where is he".
Thabeet was twice the player and we all see where he is now.
I am still hoping AB will bust out but time is getting very short

Reaction Score
in a nut shell, he is a mediocre college center at best,

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Brimah is terrible, it's inconceivable to me that anyone who watches college basketball cannot see that.

Reaction Score
What's distressing is that the three seniors have not gotten better in any way. no development at all on the court. Did that ever happen under Calhoun?

Reaction Score
Let face it, Brimah has been a bad experiment. He came to Ucoon with no bball experience or skill and I doubt the coaches really envisioned him being a starter in his 4years

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
His arms and shoulders are huge right now. He might be doing better with girls.

Reaction Score
Brimah is terrible, it's inconceivable to me that anyone who watches college basketball cannot see that.
terrible at what? he's a terrible defender now? you should put your focus on our guards, all of them are red carpets. when larrier was healthy he was a red carpet

Reaction Score
Look, this team is playing poorly. I'm not going yo compare him to our guys. He is a Sr center on Uconn. Not sure about some of you but I got higher expectations than 7 and 6.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

He put on too much upper body muscle this off-season. Really effed up his form.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
It's Brimah , so I'll live with it. At this point I'll take what I can get. Bashing him is pretty Much useless at this point . It is what it is. If you really look at the whole carreer and when he came here , we probably got more out of the kid than any other program ever could. Let it go , let it go.

Reaction Score
People are focusing way too much on his offensive ability, even if thats a zero, he brings a ton of ability on defense. its just a fact. You have guys on our team right now that aren't bringing anything to the table on either end, and are getting tons of minutes. talk about them being terrible.

Reaction Score
Well it is a pretty low bar for the big guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom