Boyle is horrible | The Boneyard

Boyle is horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not impressed with him, he needs alot of work, should have redshirted. He had bad footwork, wasn't stepping into his throws, erratic throws, was having trouble reading coverage, and for a guy that's 6'4'' he holds the ball too low.

15 of 43 149 yards, and he should have had 5 picks.

Reaction Score
Not horrible, just looks like he should still be wearing a redshirt. Oh well, might as well keep playing him. The die is cast.

Reaction Score
He should have had 3 tds as well. You can't count the last drive as 3 picks. We wouldn't have got the ball back if he threw a pick.

Reaction Score
i guess this is a ct thing, were no matter what the eyes or good sense say, you guys will swear that he is good. Nope he is not good and not ready. He needs to work on alot of fundamentals.

Reaction Score
To me he didn't look like the next great thing for the program, that's for sure. But this board has been so high on him no ones gonna critique him much.

Reaction Score
Boyle reminds me of Jay Cutler, what a talent!

Tough loss to swallow, but the experience Boyle gains the rest of the year will help us win games next year.

Boyle's talent should help us land our next coach, Pete Lembo or another hot coach might look at game film of Boyle and think he could win big immediately.

Reaction Score
Would have been great if we could have redshirted Tim or just given him a year to grow in the program, but here we are. But calling him horrible is just amazing. You also think 2 weeks is long enough for Weist to turn this PP/GDL juggernaut around?

Reaction Score
I watched him throw two TDs in the first quarter. What did your eyes see?

really so why didn't those touchdowns count, foxx beat his man by seven yards and he overthrew him, he had 28 in-completions today and you can;t blame all of those on drops, now imagine, he was at home, the defense played well, and they ran the ball really well, whats going to happen when he goes on the road or if the they can;t run the ball.

Reaction Score
Would have been great if we could have redshirted Tim or just given him a year to grow in the program, but here we are. But calling him horrible is just amazing. You also think 2 weeks is long enough for Weist to turn this PP/GDL juggernaut around?

Nope definately not ,however, i think whitmer wins this game considering how good the running game was, i;m not saying that boyle shouldn;t play either, but a ton of losses are in the near future. to say otherwise is folly.

Reaction Score
really so why didn't those touchdowns count, foxx beat his man by seven yards and he overthrew him, he had 28 in-completions today and you can;t blame all of those on drops, now imagine, he was at home, the defense played well, and they ran the ball really well, whats going to happen when he goes on the road or if the they can;t run the ball.

So perfect throw that are dropped are the QBs fault?

The ball hit Foxx's forearms - FOREARMS!!!. He could have just run under the ball instead of diving.

Have you ever watched football before today?

Reaction Score
I wish he ran the ball in the read option more as he has decent feet. His throws were all too high and without much touch. Not sure why the coach thought it would be good to pass so much. The kid might have some talent but this is surely not the right team for him to throw 40 times a game especially his first one. Bad coaching!

Reaction Score
Boyle did not have a good game. Boyle is a true freshman. Anyone who thought he could step in and be a savior as a true freshman on a team with some serious talent issues learned a tough lesson today.

This is what I liked:
  • Tough kid. Knew he was going to take some shots and still stepped into the pocket.
  • He has a rocket of an arm, I was not expecting that. I don't think he can throw it 80 yards in the air, but on the intermediate throws, he can zip it in there.
  • Surprised at his running. Didn't have happy feet like Whitmer. Had a good sense on when to tuck it and run, not something you see often from a young qb.
What I didn't like:
  • He made some bad decisions. Especially late. It looked like he was unsure of the coverage at times. This is definitely to be expected from a true freshman. This is not pitch and catch in the SCC.
  • Let the ball get away from him at times, especially early. Probably nerves.
  • Needs to work on his touch a little. He could have taken the mustard off a little on several of his passes.
My view of Boyle has not changed after this game. A true freshman is not going to have success right away, unless surrounded by a very good offense. This is not a very good offense. What we all need to look for is continued improvement. I want to see him not making the same mistake.
Onward and upward.

Reaction Score
Nope definately not ,however, i think whitmer wins this game considering how good the running game was, i;m not saying that boyle shouldn;t play either, but a ton of losses are in the near future. to say otherwise is folly.

Thank you Mr Whitmer for your input. Please move on.

Reaction Score

I'm not gonna crucify the kid, but losing to probably the second worst team in the country in your first start isn't a good look. It wasn't a "great effort". It didn't show that great things are on the horizon. It's ok to admit that.

If Boyle was ready to start, he probably should've beaten that dumpster fire of a football team.

Reaction Score

The ball hit Foxx's forearms - FOREARMS!!!. He could have just run under the ball instead of diving.

Your crazy, emotional and you can't think straight! He threw the ball 43 times and there wasn't many perfect throws, if you are going to count drops, why don't you count all of the drops by South Florida when boyle threw the ball right into their hands. You people are insane. I read a prior post that said that Boyle will get us a good head coach. Boyle is Jay Cutler.

Hear this Boyle is no Jameis Winston.

Reaction Score

Palatine, my God, you are a dummass. The bottom line is Boyle turned an easy "walking in" TD into a really hard low percentage opportunity. Foxx did his job and Boyle missed badly. If you really think Foxx is going to be the one getting scolded in the film room over that play, you are out of your mind and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It is forgivable only because he is a true fresh. Any other QB under the sun and that is simply a bad QB play. The only thing worse would be if he never even saw him or if he severely underthrows it and it gets picked. So I guess there's that.

Reaction Score
I'm not gonna crucify the kid, but losing to probably the second worst team in the country in your first start isn't a good look. It wasn't a "great effort". It didn't show that great things are on the horizon. It's ok to admit that.

If Boyle was ready to start, he probably should've beaten that dumpster fire of a football team.
No the worst team is georgia state. We could even beat Georgia state maybe. Lol! Hey USf beat cincy also. Wow our program has fallen to the bottom of all division 1 in 3 years. Yikes! Going to be tough to get out of this hole being in the AAC. Expect a team like Memphis state going forward.

Reaction Score
Your crazy, emotional and you can't think straight! He threw the ball 43 times and there wasn't many perfect throws, if you are going to count drops, why don't you count all of the drops by South Florida when boyle threw the ball right into their hands. You people are insane. I read a prior post that said that Boyle will get us a good head coach. Boyle is Jay Cutler.

Hear this Boyle is no Jameis Winston.

What is your point? What are you hoping to accomplish with this asinine tirade? Did you lose money on the game? are you 12 years old? or are you a relative of the new back-up QB?

If your point is Boyle isn't ready then blame the coaches not the player.

Reaction Score
What is your point? What are you hoping to accomplish with this asinine tirade? Did you lose money on the game? are you 12 years old? or are you a relative of the new back-up QB?

If your point is Boyle isn't ready then blame the coaches not the player.

Just to clarify, I don't blame Boyle, he's a true freshmen, however, he didn't look ready to me! I think that he was rushed.

Going forward, my optimism is tempered now. I am not sure how good Boyle is. He might turn out to be a really good qb. But, I definitely did not see anything to make me think that he is special or that he can carry the program the next few years, but hey he will improve.

My point is that he has alot of improving to do. There are quite a few freshmen QB that are playing really well, (see Houston, Penn State, Florida State) which is unusual. Watching this game today, I think it is a good idea to keep recruiting and QBs because there is no "sure thing" on the roster. Sorry for speaking the truth. We will see how things turn out. If he improves going forward I will be encouraged. However, it is not a given in the near term.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He unfortunately played like what he is. A true freshman. By the way Jameis is a red shirt freshman.

I saw potential. I really think his confidence dropped as his receivers dropped passes. Davis in double coverage would be a better option than an open Foxx. He had surprising speed. Strong arm.

I do think whitmer might have won this game. The different gameplan would have positioned him better to succeed. But, I am okay with getting Boyle experience to set him and the team up for next year.

Would have been nice if the D could secure one of these easy interceptions.

USF is really bad. This is another bad loss in a year of bad losses. But, I am hopeful the pain thus year will somehow help next year.

Reaction Score
I do think whitmer might have won this game. The different gameplan would have positioned him better to succeed. But, I am okay with getting Boyle experience to set him and the team up for next year.

Am I the only one who wasn't ready to throw in the towel on this year??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom