Bob Huggins arrested for DUI (resigned on 6/17) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bob Huggins arrested for DUI (resigned on 6/17)

Reaction Score
Drinking a six pack in an hour is mighty difficult simply from the volume of carbonated liquid involved, much less the inebriation. 7-8 beers an hour for two hours verges on impossible. I'm guessing some shots might have been involved.
Kind of like drinking four liters of that soapy stuff necessary to prep for a colonoscopy back in the old days, but with a buzz.

Reaction Score

-> The biggest question is whether he can pursue coaches from Huggins' coaching tree -- namely UAB's Andy Kennedy and Youngstown State's Jerrod Calhoun. Kennedy spent four seasons under Huggins at Cincinnati and then was the interim coach for the Bearcats after Huggins' resignation in 2005. Calhoun meanwhile has burst onto the national radar after leading Youngstown State to a Horizon League regular-season title this past season. He was a student assistant under Huggins at Cincinnati and then was on his staff at West Virginia for five seasons. South Carolina State head coach Erik Martin, who spent 15 seasons as an assistant at West Virginia, also falls into this category.

Outside of the Huggins tree, it might be worth taking a shot at Wake Forest's Steve Forbes or Mississippi State's Chris Jans, two coaches very briefly linked to other jobs in the spring.

What would already have been a difficult pursuit is made even tougher by the timing, though.

More realistically, Baker could take a look at Charleston's Pat Kelsey, Ohio's Jeff Boals, Kent State's Rob Senderoff, Akron's John Groce, Toledo's Tod Kowalczyk, Furman's Bob Richey, Liberty's Ritchie McKay, UNC Asheville's Mike Morrell and UNC Wilmington's Takayo Siddle. Northwest Missouri State's Ben McCollum, the most successful Division II coach, will also be linked to the job; Baker was his athletic director 2010-13.

In terms of coaches currently out of a job, Chris Mack could make sense, given his past success. LaVall Jordan has plenty of high-major experience. And then there's John Beilein, who spent five seasons at West Virginia and led the Mountaineers to two Sweet 16s and an Elite Eight before leaving in 2007 for Michigan. Would Baker bring him back? It seems unlikely, but it's worth mentioning. <-

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
what a dope.

has the same number of final fours (2) as times fired in the middle of the summer for a dui (2).

Reaction Score
Well, alcoholics rarely do thst up front.

It's usually deny, deflect and exolain. Takes some time to get siber and reflect before honesty, accountability and openness occur.

I'll call it now Huggy Bear will be on TV next Feb/Mar being paid to talk about college hoops.
Are the typos on this intentional lol

Reaction Score
I think there’s a pretty gigantic sample size from which we can conclude that certain states are more prone to forgive egregious behavior, no?

In any event, it’s neither here nor there in this case. Huggins’ defenders at WVU had to go to the mat to keep him employed after the gay slur. He’s done.
It’s you that lack enlightenment
That type of judgmental behavior in regard to what is clearly a disease went out in the 1950
I have significant training in alcohol abuse in the the work place and there is a procedure thst you follow in which prejudice is not a step .
It’s obvious the man has a problem
Normally the person with that problem are the last people to recognize it .
This might shock you but there is a substantial success rate from reputable treatment centers
If he were my employee and obviously a valued one . You make treatment mandatory for continued employment even if it requires unpaid leave . Secondly because someone with his problem can’t survive without a or many enablers
Typically a family member but a boss could be just as guilty by turning a blind eye . Those people have to be trained to understand their role . That person has to understand that this is it or it’s a downward spiral to oblivion. I’ve seen failure also and it’s more likely to be the result of an enabler not accepting reality.
Alcohol abuse is not confined to a single race , class or state it’s completely non discriminatory.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s you that lack enlightenment
That type of judgmental behavior in regard to what is clearly a disease went out in the 1950
I have significant training in alcohol abuse in the the work place and there is a procedure thst you follow in which prejudice is not a step .
It’s obvious the man has a problem
Normally the person with that problem are the last people to recognize it .
This might shock you but there is a substantial success rate from reputable treatment centers
If he were my employee and obviously a valued one . You make treatment mandatory for continued employment even if it requires unpaid leave . Secondly because someone with his problem can’t survive without a or many enablers
Typically a family member but a boss could be just as guilty by turning a blind eye . Those people have to be trained to understand their role . That person has to understand that this is it or it’s a downward spiral to oblivion. I’ve seen failure also and it’s more likely to be the result of an enabler not accepting reality.
Alcohol abuse is not confined to a single race , class or state it’s completely non discriminatory.
This is an absolutely inane chain of that platitudes lol

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
From a coldly business perspective, you do not want to be the people employing him when he kills himself or someone else while on a bender.

There’s simply no way they can keep him.
Even in WVa

Reaction Score
Have always rooted for him. Not stopping now. (Glass houses and all…) Loved how his teams, when talented, would come out of the backwoods and whoop ass on the blue bloods from the Carolinas. Hope he has an absolute blast in retirement. And a gold card with Uber.

Reaction Score
the breathalyzer was probably hours later, too. I'm sure .21 wasn't his peak.

to answer your question,

at 300lb, to get to .20 you would need to drink about 14-16 5% beers in 2 hours. Add about one beer for every additional hour of drinking to stay at .2
My new favorite toxicologist!!! You have a website?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jackass. Caught twice, but how many times did he get away with it?

Glad he didn't kill anyone. Hope he stays gone.

Reaction Score
Whispers around that WVU assistant coach Josh Eilert will be hired to replace Bob Huggins.

A major reason for this possible decision: many players' return to West Virginia are conditional on Eilert taking over the helm comapred to a totally new addition.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Whispers around that WVU assistant coach Josh Eilert will be hired to replace Bob Huggins.

A major reason for this possible decision: many players' return to West Virginia are conditional on Eilert taking over the helm comapred to a totally new addition.
huggins still trying to throw around his weight (lol) within that program. he legitimately thinks if they give the job to Eilert for this year he can come back next season to take it back.

he did something similar here when mick left, tried to throw around his weight with donors (yes some people here still worship the guy) and former players to get his friend frank martin the job.

Reaction Score
The ignorance out of West Virginia is as strong as the day is long.

The same could be said for anywhere, really, but this tweet takes the cake:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom