Bob Huggins arrested for DUI (resigned on 6/17) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bob Huggins arrested for DUI (resigned on 6/17)

Reaction Score
A man of his size, I would set the over/under at 14.5. Unless he downed a dozen in under 2 hours. How much does it take for a man of his size and history to blackout is my question. I set that at 16.5.

The body cam footage will probably be brutally sad.

Fortunately, no one was injured or worse. That is the real story to me.
I don’t know. Despite his Everyman vibe that screams Iron City or Keystone Light, Huggy might have been hitting that great craft beer scene in the ‘burgh. It would only take four 16oz TIPAs from Dancing Gnome, Hitchhiker, Cinderlands or Grist House to put Huggy into a deep slumber behind the wheel.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unless they're from Syracuse...
Well, in that case you're not pretending, so it's fine.

Reaction Score
A mass defection from the team could also hurt the strength of Big 12 basketball. I heard the league was trying to build that brand and now, this. What to do?
images (2).jpeg

Reaction Score
Sad all around. He's a really good coach and someone I always considered one of the characters of the game but he's had too many self-inflicted screwups. As someone who used to drive after drinking too much a long time ago I wisened up and was lucky I never hurt anyone, got a DUI or hurt myself. There's no excuse for drunk driving, it's even dumber now with the ability to order a car pretty much wherever you are. He also has the means to have his own driver.

He had a hell of a coaching career but he should slow down now and get his health in check.

The swipes at people from West Virginia are always lame.

Reaction Score

this is absolutely insane to read. dude was blacked out behind the wheel of a yukon denali on a city street.

how many beers would it take to get a 300+ lbs man to .21? 12? more??

the breathalyzer was probably hours later, too. I'm sure .21 wasn't his peak.

to answer your question,

at 300lb, to get to .20 you would need to drink about 14-16 5% beers in 2 hours. Add about one beer for every additional hour of drinking to stay at .2

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

to answer your question,

at 300lb, to get to .20 you would need to drink about 14-16 5% beers in 2 hours. Add about one beer for every additional hour of drinking to stay at .2
Drinking a six pack in an hour is mighty difficult simply from the volume of carbonated liquid involved, much less the inebriation. 7-8 beers an hour for two hours verges on impossible. I'm guessing some shots might have been involved.

Reaction Score
Drinking a six pack in an hour is mighty difficult simply from the volume of carbonated liquid involved, much less the inebriation. 7-8 beers an hour for two hours verges on impossible. I'm guessing some shots might have been involved.
Reminds me of Edward Scissorhands. God, I'm glad I've only tried that twice.

Some whispers that former West Virginia assistant coach and current Youngstown State HC Jerrod Calhoun will get the call for the Mountaineers when all is said and done. Four straight winning seasons and finished last year 24-10 with one of the more beautifully flowing offenses in the nation.

Reaction Score
One our favorite Spring Weekend pastimes was power hour. Drinking a shot of beer a minute for an entire hour.

Sounds easy but is actually pretty damn hard and gets you wasted.

Ah the good ol days.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If anyone has heard Huggy stories, this dudes been doing it for years. He’s the biggest drunk on the planet. Usually his GAs or some low man act as his DD.

Reaction Score
If anyone has heard Huggy stories, this dudes been doing it for years. He’s the biggest drunk on the planet. Usually his GAs or some low man act as his DD.
Like I said before - none of this is new. Very surprised the health consequences haven't caught him yet.

Reaction Score
Like I said before - none of this is new. Very surprised the health consequences haven't caught him yet.
A good amount of damage has surely been done, but it doesn’t always manifest until around this time. He doesn’t seem to have been the kind of drunk that becomes cirrhotic in their 50s, drinking a fifth of vodka a day and otherwise not eating much, for example. Those are the folks at the hospital I would see whose bodies started breaking down early: homeless or otherwise truly severe alcoholics who get most of their calories from booze.

But now as he hits his 70s he’s in the stage where things start breaking down naturally and the booze will only accelerate things. Definitely needs help or he may not make it to 75

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

to answer your question,

Reaction Score
One our favorite Spring Weekend pastimes was power hour. Drinking a shot of beer a minute for an entire hour.

Sounds easy but is actually pretty damn hard and gets you wasted.

Ah the good ol days.

On this note, can TCF put together a power hour of one minute uconn clips? Could be dangerous but I’d watch routinely.

Reaction Score
I don’t know. Despite his Everyman vibe that screams Iron City or Keystone Light, Huggy might have been hitting that great craft beer scene in the ‘burgh. It would only take four 16oz TIPAs from Dancing Gnome, Hitchhiker, Cinderlands or Grist House to put Huggy into a deep slumber behind the wheel.
the police report said they found "metal bottles" which makes me think of those re-sealable 16oz aluminum macrobrewery bottles you sometimes find at ballparks. haven't heard of any craft spots doing those, but you might know better than me!

Reaction Score
the police report said they found "metal bottles" which makes me think of those re-sealable 16oz aluminum macrobrewery bottles you sometimes find at ballparks. haven't heard of any craft spots doing those, but you might know better than me!
Oh boy. Sounds like Huggy was hanging out at the loading dock at PNC Park!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

The story is a car crash I can't help but look at. Lurking would be unfair. By definition, my just being here gets some of the ick on me and cancels out any self -righteousness. If I were playing that angle, I'd just tell somebody who isn't here (probably a woman who isn't a basketball fan, or maybe my sister who is) that men can be as catty as women.

But it's a tragedy, and that means everybody loses. Everybody. And that includes me. And, yeah, you. Zero free passes.

Suggesting Cooley injects some fun into the proceedings. It also ups the rabbit hole factor, and I have a day if moving heavy furniture into a relocation cube ahead of me.

Yesterday, I looked from post 31 to 84. I'm claiming my presence right now and hoping I can keep my word and step away. I promise I'll admit if & when I return.

Here's a screenshot of my Google Photos scroll that collages my Morgantown pass-through last November, en route from OCNJ to LouKY. Not quite the stuff of bucket lists, just a receipt to claim my seat.

Come to think of it, maybe the motel I stayed in was here, and I was lured by Joni Mitchell's voice as an earworm-slash-siren song.

A tragedy. Don't even try to spin it differently.

I think the 9 is an upside down Motel 6 something or other...

Screenshot_20230618-113403.png

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
For his health's sake, and the safety of others, and as a matter of ethics, I hope his resignation is permanent and that he doesn't try for an encore in a couple of years.

I have no idea whether or not this would matter to Huggins but if he is out for good, then he had lost his chance to move past Jim Calhoun for 3rd place for most wins in men's D1 basketball.

Their stats are remarkably close:

Calhoun 920 wins 397 losses Win % 0.699 Seasons 44
Huggins 916 wins 399 losses Win % 0.697 Seasons 40

Reaction Score
For his health's sake, and the safety of others, and as a matter of ethics, I hope his resignation is permanent and that he doesn't try for an encore in a couple of years.

I have no idea whether or not this would matter to Huggins but if he is out for good, then he had lost his chance to move past Jim Calhoun for 3rd place for most wins in men's D1 basketball.

Their stats are remarkably close:

Calhoun 920 wins 397 losses Win % 0.699 Seasons 44
Huggins 916 wins 399 losses Win % 0.697 Seasons 40

Calhoun:
  • 4 Final Fours
  • 3 championships
  • 7 BET Championship
  • 10 BE Regular Season championships
Huggins:
  • 2 Final Fours
  • 0 Championships
  • 1 BET Championship, 0 B12 Championships (4 in the MWC, 4 in CUSA)
  • 0 BE Regular Season championships, 0 Big 12 Championships (2 in the MWC, 8 in CUSA)
They may be in the same club, but Calhoun is sitting by the pool and Huggins is serving hors d'oeuvres if he's lucky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom