Bob Huggins arrested for DUI (resigned on 6/17) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bob Huggins arrested for DUI (resigned on 6/17)

Reaction Score
I hope the guy gets help for himself, his loved ones, and others. This is the right move.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's resigning according to ESPN sources

I hope he makes an honest and open statement.

Well, alcoholics rarely do thst up front.

It's usually deny, deflect and exolain. Takes some time to get siber and reflect before honesty, accountability and openness occur.

I'll call it now Huggy Bear will be on TV next Feb/Mar being paid to talk about college hoops.

Reaction Score
In the plus column for WVU:

They've had 24 Rhodes Scolars to date, we just had our first a few years ago and haven't yet had a second. That doesn't come close to covering everything but it has to count for something.
States I would rather not live in than WV:

North Dakota
Oklahoma
Mississippi
Arkansas
Then it’s a toss-up with states like Alabama and Kansas.

Reaction Score
I hope he makes an honest and open statement.

“My recent actions do not represent the values of the University or the leadership expected in this role. While I have always tried to represent our University with honor, I have let all of you – and myself – down. I am solely responsible for my conduct and sincerely apologize to the University community – particularly to the student-athletes, coaches and staff in our program. I must do better, and I plan to spend the next few months focused on my health and my family so that I can be the person they deserve. “

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

It's usually deny, deflect and exolain. Takes some time to get siber and reflect before honesty, accountability and openness occur.

I'll call it now Huggy Bear will be on TV next Feb/Mar being paid to talk about college hoops.

You're spot on with all of that Chin but I was really hoping he admitted to having a problem.

Not today I guess.

Reaction Score

The. "Incident" in May will probably keep him off national broadcasts....until next season. He will then be hired by TBS.

The following season he will be hired by Louisville.

Reaction Score
You're spot on with all of that Chin but I was really hoping he admitted to having a problem.

Not today I guess.
That is the hardest thing for alcoholics to do, esp publicly. Even if he admits it to himself and family it will take awhile before he can admit it to all.

Reaction Score

this is absolutely insane to read. dude was blacked out behind the wheel of a yukon denali on a city street.

how many beers would it take to get a 300+ lbs man to .21? 12? more??

Reaction Score

this is absolutely insane to read. dude was blacked out behind the wheel of a yukon denali on a city street.

A man of his size, I would set the over/under at 14.5. Unless he downed a dozen in under 2 hours. How much does it take for a man of his size and history to blackout is my question. I set that at 16.5.

The body cam footage will probably be brutally sad.

Fortunately, no one was injured or worse. That is the real story to me.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
That is the hardest thing for alcoholics to do, esp publicly. Even if he admits it to himself and family it will take awhile before he can admit it to all.

I've got plenty of experience with close friends and family struggling with the disease, trust me. Lost a few and also have a couple who have been winning the daily battle for decades.

Reaction Score

it was also only 8:30pm (!!!) he was basically right outside of the taylor swift concert at acrisure stadium.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
it was also only 8:30pm (!!!) he was basically right outside of the taylor swift concert at acrisure stadium.
Well, you don't expect him to go to a Taylor Swift concert without pregaming, do you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom