Board hate for Shirreffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Board hate for Shirreffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Diaco is such a moron that we could have Tom Brady at QB and Diaco would find a way to lose.

I had a similar thought yesterday while sitting in the rain. The genius of Belichick is that he sets up his offense to create favorable matchups. Does Bob? That is the problem. We have a borderline All American in Thomas, we have tight ends if they can hold onto the ball are tough matchups. Mayala and Beals are no slouches in catching the ball. Lemelle was open all day yesterday. You'd think someone in the press box would see this and call a play or two for the kid, knowing that BS has trouble with long progressions.

Our RB's do a lot better out of the spread as does our OL, because there are few defenders to block, avoid. Yet how many times did we lineup in a tight set that wasn't short yardage?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight...you 2 are using stats to try and tell the rest of us that a kid who can't make any reads other than his primary one, and has no concept of progressions is a better Qb than someone who has been in the NFL since 2005? Thanks for the info...it DEFINITELY reinforces one thing...and it's not that BS is a good, competent D-1 college level QB

In a thread that points at the QB as the problem, yes it is quite relevant. BS is not a pro or even a top college QB for all the reasons stated, but he isn't why we are losing games.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
has gotten to the point where it's not mentioned that Noel dropped a TD pass in the end zone.

Was it a 100 percent perfect throw? No. But if Noel is going to play on Sundays, and he's got a shot, and it would be great if he did, he'll have to make that catch.

And never mind the the drop. Look at the hit Shirreffs takes as he's delivering the ball. Go to ESPN3.com to watch it. And this is after the kid had to go to the locker room earlier in the game.

Shirreffs not even in the top 10 of reasons why this team is 3-5.
The ball was thrown perfectly. It went right between his arms

Reaction Score
I had a similar thought yesterday while sitting in the rain. The genius of Belichick is that he sets up his offense to create favorable matchups. Does Bob? That is the problem. We have a borderline All American in Thomas, we have tight ends if they can hold onto the ball are tough matchups. Mayala and Beals are no slouches in catching the ball. Lemelle was open all day yesterday. You'd think someone in the press box would see this and call a play or two for the kid, knowing that BS has trouble with long progressions.

Our RB's do a lot better out of the spread as does our OL, because there are few defenders to block, avoid. Yet how many times did we lineup in a tight set that wasn't short yardage?
Come on...you can't be serious with this post @SubbaBub. You basically sum up the offensive issues in 1 post yet then blame someone else. This isn't "everyone gets a trophy" time. The kid is not a good qb plain and simple..you literally just said that in your post. To run a high school or sub high school level offense because he can't do the most basic principals necessary to play QB at the college level is insane.

Reaction Score
Diaco invested huge in the BS experiment and its failed miserably. True, it was a very poor evaluation of talent - which you can't blame the kid for. However, poor play is poor play - and calling that out is not hate.
We needed somebody to back up Casey Whitmer.

Reaction Score
In a thread that points at the QB as the problem, yes it is quite relevant. BS is not a pro or even a top college QB for all the reasons stated, but he isn't why we are losing games.
He has his fair share of ownership. So it's Diaco's fault he called a timeout yesterday in the first half when the ball was in the red zone heading towards the student section , BS had them lined up to run a play and didn't seem to see the play clock running down? Yeah ok...keep believing he is the solution at QB and that he isn't the reason this team isn't winning games.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Come on...you can't be serious with this post @SubbaBub. You basically sum up the offensive issues in 1 post yet then blame someone else. This isn't "everyone gets a trophy" time. The kid is not a good qb plain and simple..you literally just said that in your post. To run a high school or sub high school level offense because he can't do the most basic principals necessary to play QB at the college level is insane.
I think Sheriffs has enough talent to run a smart offense. He doesn't have enough talent to win with Diaco as his coach.
One example: Go to the replay. On one of the many Sheriffs dives into the line,
Newsome was all by himself in the flats. A quick pass equals a big gain or touchdown.

Reaction Score
I think Sheriffs has enough talent to run a smart offense. He doesn't have enough talent to win with Diaco as his coach.
One example: Go to the replay. On one of the many Sheriffs dives into the line,
Newsome was all by himself in the flats. A quick pass equals a big gain or touchdown.
I also saw him throw to Newsome into double coverage down the seam while Beals was WIDE open on the UCF sideline right in front of me yesterday on 3rd and long. He makes poor decisions and can't make his reads or progressions. He actually makes those same poor decisions week in and week out which I get to see from my seat in 242. Dave Doren wanted to make him into a fullback for a reason.

Reaction Score
Yeah well, Custer could have been riding Secretariat.
And I guess Dave Doren knew what the end result was going to be after his freshman season at NCST when he told him he was being moved to fullback and he decided to transfer. If we ran the wishbone he would be a good QB...throwing the ball down the field...not so much..at last not at the D-1 level.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I also saw him throw to Newsome into double coverage down the seam while Beals was WIDE open on the UCF sideline right in front of me yesterday on 3rd and long. He makes poor decisions and can't make his reads or progressions. He actually makes those same poor decisions week in and week out which I get to see from my seat in 242. Dave Doren wanted to make him into a fullback for a reason.
The guy has no one on his team that can pick up a blitz. He is getting creamed. He has to pick his target and throw it.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
And I guess Dave Doren knew what the end result was going to be after his freshman season at NCST when he told him he was being moved to fullback and he decided to transfer. If we ran the wishbone he would be a good QB...throwing the ball down the field...not so much..at last not at the D-1 level.
Isn't practicing throwing the ball and improving arm strength something you work on in the off season? Doesn't Diaco have an off season plan for his players, especially his QB.
You can be darn sure Ollie has an off season plan for his players, even if some of them fail to get better.

Reaction Score
The guy has no one on his team that can pick up a blitz. He is getting creamed. He has to pick his target and throw it.
Not true again....Newsome did it several times yesterday! He had ample time to throw yesterday for a change. Ron Johnson was the one who got Garrett Anderson killed yesterday and has done the same for BS all season

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Did he always cradle the football like a baby during player intros or was that new? Kinda funny

Reaction Score
Isn't practicing throwing the ball and improving arm strength something you work on in the off season? Doesn't Diaco have an off season plan for his players, especially his QB.
You can be darn sure Ollie has an off season plan for his players, even if some of them fail to get better.
One would hope...which brings us back to the point @FfldCntyFan brought up in his view from 241 post...and has been mentioned in other posts several times. Lineburg doesn't seem to be getting the job done as QB coach...maybe it's time to bring in a QB coach/OC.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Not true again....Newsome did it several times yesterday! Ron Johnson was the one who got Garrett Anderson killed yesterday and has done the same for BS all season
And on the plays where Newsome swings out of the back field? I have seen Newsome out of position dozens of times when his kept in to block. No NFL team would leave its quarterback to the mercy of Newsome's blocking ability.

Reaction Score
He is what he is. Yeah he's one of the million problems with this program but he's the best we can throw out there. I know some of you think a true freshman with nothing but FCS offers is the better option but that's simply not true.

Reaction Score

Not true again....Newsome did it several times yesterday! He had ample time to throw yesterday for a change. Ron Johnson was the one who got Garrett Anderson killed yesterday and has done the same for BS all season

Consensus in post game reviews was the O-line pass protection was not the issue yesterday. Read Dalton Gifford's review on TOS.

Reaction Score
And on the plays where Newsome swings out of the back field? I have seen Newsome out of position dozens of times when his kept in to block. No NFL team would leave its quarterback to the mercy of Newsome's blocking ability.
Look you are reaching for straws here with your responses. You must have some different view of the field than we do in Sect 241 and 242.

Reaction Score
So, NCST, a middling P5 evaluated him and determined he limited to no QB skills. However people on the board believe if the O-line play was better and play calling we are seeing a very capable QB.

I think the play calling is directly attributable to the limited confidence they have with BS.

I'd like to see Williams play. If the most likely scenario with BS we win 1-2 if the remaining games that is short of a bowl, so why not play Williams and see what he can do and give him experience going into 2017.

So let me get this straight...you 2 are using stats to try and tell the rest of us that a kid who can't make any reads other than his primary one, and has no concept of progressions is a better Qb than someone who has been in the NFL since 2005? Thanks for the info...it DEFINITELY reinforces one thing...and it's not that BS is a good, competent D-1 college level QB. I don't "hate" BS at all! I think he is a tough kid who leaves it all out on the field...I just don't think he is a good QB. There is a difference that both you guys are missing.

Reaction Score
He is what he is. Yeah he's one of the million problems with this program but he's the best we can throw out there. I know some of you think a true freshman with nothing but FCS offers is the better option but that's simply not true.
That's not the case with me...you are 100% right..he is what he is and because of that this team will be what it is will be.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Consensus in post game reviews was the O-line pass protection was not the issue yesterday.
So, Sheriffs is supposed to get over the psychological effects of the weeks before because a few guys held a few blocks a second longer? Eli Manning is tossing the ball early half the time for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom