Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In other words, I'm not sure people realize that Tulane has a record of 12-5, with wins over Tulsa and Alabama, or that Houston is 12-5 with a win over TCU and a recruiting class that would make most schools jealous.

That is a valid point. I think it also underscores some of my concerns that some of these teams may be halfway decent and nobody has noticed or really gives a crap.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
In the 10 team NNBE 2 of the schools have zero hoops following --- ECU & Tulane. Valueless Hoops adds

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
In the 10 team NNBE 2 of the schools have zero hoops following --- ECU & Tulane. Valueless Hoops adds

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

I'm not sure where you are coming from on this point. ECU's average attendance is around 4,800 people. Although that sounds really bad, Rutgers' average attendance is 5,400 and Seton Hall's is 6,900. These teams are not worlds away from our bottom teams in the current Big East, so.....okay....

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Tulane averages 1800 a game and has no media value. $125 Season tickets.

Reaction Score
Not true, ECU has potential, their local fanbase gives them a ton of support and their basketball fortunes will improve in the Big East. ECU has more local fan support then Seton Hall or DePaul. Heck ECU could probably outdraw ST Johns at the moment.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
ECU season tickets are $100 to $225 for premium seating. Plenty for $5 on the aftermarket. 6 of their games are televised. The only national is ESPNU against North Carolina. 2 of the others are unavailable locally as they are on Texas and Florida regional. The Charlotte game is courtesy of Charlotte. NC

Be serious In comparison the Catholic schools have rabid fans and decent media value.

Reaction Score
Tulsa - immensely enticing facts: As the smallest FBS school, only 3,000 students and a resulting tiny alumni base, dramatically distant off the charts 3rd fiddle program in Oklahoma, minimal TV market (61st nationally; toss in OK City's 45th ranking not that non-Tulsa alumni care much about the Golden Hurricanes), 2012 attendance ranked 10th of 12 CUSA school averaging only 20,000 despite a few occasional big upsets in recent years, e.g., 19,000 one week after upsetting Notre Dame a few years ago, etc. Just the facts ...

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Tulsa's ticket woes
(from last March, They fired their winningest coach!)

''Since 2005, we have seen a 35 percent decrease in season ticket sales, a 43 percent decline in revenue and growing apathy among our fan base,'' Parmley said. ''We appreciate the efforts and contributions Doug has made to our basketball program in his seven years. He has honored our student-athletes and The University of Tulsa through his strong representation of both.''

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Instead of adding Tulsa, Tulane and ECU?

The Catholics add Dayton (over 13,000 attendance), Xavier (over 11,000 attendance) and Butler (averages over 7K attendance),

All have seat donation plans and do well in the media meaning the head to heads among the top 4 or 5 A-10 teams get ESPN and CBS Sportsnet .

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I would seriously love to hear what you guys would like UConn to do? They are stuck in this conference for now. Deal with it. They are not going independent in football and they are not joining the C7. Does it suck? Sure. Is it insane to imagine that UConn could be making less TV revenue than DePaul? Sure. Is it permanent? Absolutely not.

There's no one else to add that gives any value. WHat you see is what you get right now and the only thing any of us can do is support our program and attend the games. You all want to complain how the casual fan won't go to the games because it's Tulane or ECU. Well then be the true fan and attend the d**m games. Things will improve. Change sucks and it will be hard to accept at first but in the end we'll come out ok. If you can't accept that reality than continue to sit here on this board and complain.

The only thing that UConn can do is have their fans turn out, support the program, and show that they deserve better. That's it. The rest is up to the folks in charge and whatever dominos fall in conference re-alignment.

I used to complain but I've accepted the reality. I plan to attend as many games as I can and plan on introducing my baby girl to UConn football next season. Hopefully basketball next season as well. So make a choice. Sit here and cry about our situation or stfu and support the program in any way you can.

Reaction Score
I would seriously love to hear what you guys would like UConn to do? They are stuck in this conference for now. Deal with it. They are not going independent in football and they are not joining the C7. Does it suck? Sure. Is it insane to imagine that UConn could be making less TV revenue than DePaul? Sure. Is it permanent? Absolutely not.

There's no one else to add that gives any value. WHat you see is what you get right now and the only thing any of us can do is support our program and attend the games. You all want to complain how the casual fan won't go to the games because it's Tulane or ECU. Well then be the true fan and attend the d**m games. Things will improve. Change sucks and it will be hard to accept at first but in the end we'll come out ok. If you can't accept that reality than continue to sit here on this board and complain.

The only thing that UConn can do is have their fans turn out, support the program, and show that they deserve better. That's it. The rest is up to the folks in charge and whatever dominos fall in conference re-alignment.

I used to complain but I've accepted the reality. I plan to attend as many games as I can and plan on introducing my baby girl to UConn football next season. Hopefully basketball next season as well. So make a choice. Sit here and cry about our situation or stfu and support the program in any way you can.

What a breath of fresh air. Thank you!!

Reaction Score
Why do we add more teams at this point? All were going to do is get some school more money than they deserve

Reaction Score
Tulsa - immensely enticing facts: As the smallest FBS school, only 3,000 students and a resulting tiny alumni base, dramatically distant off the charts 3rd fiddle program in Oklahoma, minimal TV market (61st nationally; toss in OK City's 45th ranking not that non-Tulsa alumni care much about the Golden Hurricanes), 2012 attendance ranked 10th of 12 CUSA school averaging only 20,000 despite a few occasional big upsets in recent years, e.g., 19,000 one week after upsetting Notre Dame a few years ago, etc. Just the facts ...

I'm not that excited by Tulsa either. UMASS had over 7000 in attendance for their game against George Washington yesterday, they should be next in line. They are a huge school with an enormous alumni base.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the point is of people like RS9999X commenting on the financial value of one of the new teams is. They are already added. Their financial viability is what it is. What we are discussing here is the product. Get back on topic, please.

1) As far as the product is concerned, the product will NOT be inferior to the C-7.
2) UConn will still likely schedule many of our former colleagues of the C-7 on our schedule anyways.

This is how it is, and this is how it has to be in the near future. YOU CANNOT ABANDON FOOTBALL!!!! Any fan of this board who believes that the university can improve its athletic standing in the absence of football hasn't been awake during the last decade of conference expansion. Wake up...

Reaction Score

I'm surprised this thread has continued as long as it has but it has made for some interesting reading. No one thinks the C7 is going to happen but it is certainly the best scenario for Uconn. I think everyone here agrees and accepts that the C7 is not going to happen. Nothing to this point in these conversations has changed my mind either. Yes, it simply isn't going to happen but that doesn't make it right by me any many others here.

All some of you have proven is that current schools such as USF have improved so that they are competitive under the current BE structure. Schools such as Memphis and Houston have done well under the current BE structure. What happens 4 or more years from now? The NBE is likely going to be no different than the old CUSA.

I think HartbeatHusky's shared sentiments are right on. He's not complaining nor denying the reality of our situation, but instead discussing what could be if our leadership did something different. What is wrong with that? No matter what, those of us that are defending the C7 here are no less of a fan than those that feel otherwise.

And although we may continue to play the C7, it's going to be strange watching the MSG tournament without Uconn in it.

Reaction Score
I'm not that excited by Tulsa either. UMASS had over 7000 in attendance for their game against George Washington yesterday, they should be next in line. They are a huge school with an enormous alumni base.
Do we need more competition in New England for FB recruits? Agree they bring a good BB program and an intense rivalry, but Uconn needs to recruit New England better to garner further interest from the ACC or B1G. I say no Tulsa or Umass. Please look elsewhere.

Reaction Score
**** this C7 bull****. Do you realize we need to develop and maintain the WHOLE athletic department and not just basketball? We cannot leave out football if we want to reach the highest levels. What is hard to understand about that?

Reaction Score
Do we need more competition in New England for FB recruits? Agree they bring a good BB program and an intense rivalry, but Uconn needs to recruit New England better to garner further interest from the ACC or B1G. I say no Tulsa or Umass. Please look elsewhere.
There's plenty of recruits in the areas we'll be playing in, such as Florida and Texas. I welcome a renewed conference affiliation with UMass.

Reaction Score
**** this C7 bull****. Do you realize we need to develop and maintain the WHOLE athletic department and not just basketball? We cannot leave out football if we want to reach the highest levels. What is hard to understand about that?
This was already hashed out some 10 pages ago. There is NO current scenario, including the NBE, that bodes well for our FB program. We simply have to wade it out, support the program and hope for greener pastures. I really think Uconn rejoins Syracuse, Pitt and BC in the ACC. This is the best scenario Uconn can hope for and we don't want to throw that away by killing our BB program.

Reaction Score
This was already hashed out some 10 pages ago. There is NO current scenario, including the NBE, that bodes well for our FB program. We simply have to wade it out, support the program and hope for greener pastures. I really think Uconn rejoins Syracuse, Pitt and BC in the ACC. This is the best scenario Uconn can hope for and we don't want to throw that away by killing our BB program.
I am sure the administration and their advisers see your perspective as dead on and why they are pursuing it. :rolleyes:

****ing bunch of babies. I had to ****ing drink booze because I couldn't take percocets or I'll run out too quick. Now excuse me while I go watch some gladiators.

Reaction Score
I am sure the administration and their advisers see your perspective as dead on and why they are pursuing it. :rolleyes:

****ing bunch of babies. I had to ****ing drink booze because I couldn't take percocets or I'll run out too quick. Now excuse me while I go watch some gladiators.

Nope, no crying here. No need for you to be annoying either. Just bringing up an alternative to a path we all know is not the direction our admin. is taking. Like I said, I am surprised this thread has lasted THIS long. So enjoy your drinking binge and keep reading.

Reaction Score
Well... wouldn't moving to the C7 maintain everything except football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom